Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Medal of Honor

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,870 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

I think i might be playing a different game i loved it :D, I thought it looked really good, even on my old 1080i plasma. Thought it nicely captured the mundane repetitive missions into the mountains that the initial assault into Afghanistan required.

Didnt notice any glitches really beyond the odd half second freeze when loading. Once when i got of the ATV i got stuck on the side of it and had to press L1 to get out of it. And once one of my own squad stood in front of my when i was trying to shoot. Thats about the only problems i encountered might have just been lucky though.

Finished it just now and really enjoyed the whole thing. Shame Danger close didnt do the online as well as id like to have that cover system in multiplayer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Notorious97

I got it last night, i just finished it there and only played it an hour tonight lol, it was good i thought, i wasnt expecting miracles with it though, short story campaign but i did enjoy it.

Il try online now and see how that goes, but rollon Fallout on Friday!

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭theShawzer

patch wrote: »
    Pop into controls and invert the x axis, save.

It's the Y-axis that does up and down

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭Cork24

baldymac wrote: »
    comparing this top black ops is like comparing poor guy to a rich guy

HOW THE F&*K CAN YOU can start COMPARING 2 games with one another when one is not out yet??

Look i played COD MW2 and its full of S**T Running around with a shotgun and blowing everything away.. and the kill streaks are just Way to much. talk about over kill..

BC2 is no kill streaks if you see a guy behind the wall take down that Mother F**KING Wall and hes toast..

HoH Buildings dont blow up.. Dice have 2 Teams, One for MoH & one for BC2 the lads that made MoH worked on BF 1943, the lads that made BC2 made the BC2 Nam pack, which is coming out in the Winter, the Moh Team are making BF3 bet yet have to make a start on it so you wont see BF 3 Beta coming out till 12 months time.

my over all of the Game, Single player is good. MP is ok i like bigger maps with Moh their small, i like the Ranking System in all games but Moh just Totally Wrecked it you may be Level 15 with a Sniper, but go as a Special Op you may be only Level 6 with him which takes the whole fun of getting ranked up and showing your Skill. after about 5hrs of online game im @ level 4 with Sniper, level 3 with Special op & Level 8 with Rifle man if this was BC 2 i think i would be about level 10 overall

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Got home, played the Multiplayer with my clan on our new server....

and,,,,,

Heartbroken :(

So many things annoyed me I hadn't felt rage like it since my early days playing L4D with some of the boardies ....and this was playing the game with my clanmates on our own server ...baseraping still going on :(

I promptly went and played L4D2 with Marsh and FAIL and raped some other team on No Mercy.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Played it last night - haven't touched SP yet, just the MP. I think the MP is rather good - definitely better than I had been expecting, to be honest. Nothing like MW2 at all, far more realistic, not remotely as arcade-ish. Played it for about 2 hours, and looking forward to playing it again tonight. Won't start the SP campaign till I have a good few hours spare, but all in all, I'm pretty pleased with the game so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

Cork24 wrote: »
    HoH Buildings dont blow up.. Dice have 2 Teams, One for MoH & one for BC2 the lads that made MoH worked on BF 1943, the lads that made BC2 made the BC2 Nam pack, which is coming out in the Winter, the Moh Team are making BF3 bet yet have to make a start on it so you wont see BF 3 Beta coming out till 12 months time.

you have just convinced me to get MC2 Nam pack :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

After a decent amount of time with it the past couple of days its a game of two halves for me enjoyment and frustration.
    At times its a hell of a lot of fun then at times its so frustrating.
    Respawns are a bit of a mess too.
    Ive never came across a game with so many players whoring the sniper class and for good reason as sniping is massively overpowered.
    If they toned down the damage just a tad it would be a cracking MP game.

While i admire what they are trying to do with the game to make it more realistic i dont think the map design helps much.
    Far too many camping spots so many infact that it gets to a point where nobody moves out of their foxhole because its rare that anyone can make it across a narrow street without dying such is the damage.
    All these issues combined seem to prevent the games having any real flow to them.
    Tone down the damage or increase the health pool would help.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Dcully wrote: »
    While i admire what they are trying to do with the game to make it more realistic i dont think the map design helps much.
    Far too many camping spots so many infact that it gets to a point where nobody moves out of their foxhole because its rare that anyone can make it across a narrow street without dying such is the damage.
    All these issues combined seem to prevent the games having any real flow to them.
    Tone down the damage or increase the health pool would help.

This is completely true, added to not knowing where you are being hit from , people spawncamping, baseraping, maps full of chokepoints...it seems like a campers wetdream.

They should learn from MOHAA , DOD:S, CS:S and COD4 and slow the pace of these games down

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

The spawn camping or base raping is the only real issue that I have had with it after playing last night for 4/5 hours.

I would normally buy this on the PC but a mate convinced me to get it for the PS3.. That ****ing controller!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

The spawn camping or base raping is the only real issue that I have had with it after playing last night for 4/5 hours.

I would normally buy this on the PC but a mate convinced me to get it for the PS3.. That ****ing controller!

Tbh i can see it actually being decent on console, the slower controls might actually benefit the gameplay .
    On PC any half decent competent mouse user will have a spotted enemy dead in a fraction of a second.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭nevaeh-2die-4

just finished it on hard, really easy.

i cant belive how short it was, finsihed the whole thing in 3 hours...

really pooor i must say campaign should have been longer.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Got it and quiet enjoyed it however i found it to be very short,i'm still trying to clear COD:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Lab_Mouse

Enjoying it so far.The MP is enjoyable and has the best of both MW and BF.Also looks great on my new gaming pc:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

im having trouble getting online it keeps saying im aving problems with the ea server. do i need change NAT im currently on NAT 2 ?

Yes its your NAT dont matter if your NAT 3 NAT 2 Or evening NAT 1 its your Firewall inside your Router.. Let me guess your with Eircom?? then if so Bye bye as you cant get on if you have their new box

if you have other branded box you could do something like DMZ which bypassing the Firewall allowing what every IP address to get to the internet with out the Firewall getting in its way. this will stop your Problem..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 229 ✭✭R.Shackleford

WHAT THE HELL!!!! Having a major problem with the single player game, some sort of glitch. Its happenng in the second mission *NOT A SPOILER*

Im told to clear a hanger and get to the air tower. i kill everyone in the hanger and told to move to the air tower. Im ment to go through a door but vooddo will not move out of the F*cking way. AAHH! i kill myself and restart from the check point same again "head to the air tower" so i run ahead of voodoo and i manage to get through the door!YAY! no!. i fall through the map and die. AHHHHHHH! anyone else having this problem?

Just found a video on youtube of the glitch.

No i didn't the MP is full of Bugs aswell. i get shot at and go behind cover and die.. like WTF man, but other then that no.

Anyone want a Medal of Honor MP match?? start Giving out PSN id and we can start one..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

No i didn't the MP is full of Bugs aswell. i get shot at and go behind cover and die.. like WTF man, but other then that no.

Anyone want a Medal of Honor MP match?? start Giving out PSN id and we can start one..

MarkLogan-91 .....ill be at it til black ops is out :p

• Advertisement

COD have lost it.. MW 1 & World At War were Great but they put to much into MW2 and they have done the same to Black Ops

I See.. he Stop for me at the door.. was wondering what he was doing i went over to the Box to pick up some Ammo. and he opened the Door so Try that

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

Just finished it earlier. Really short, which is disappointing as I was enjoying it.

Absolutely love the multiplayer!!! Much prefer it to MW2. I like that the maps are a bit more open, and the game types are fun. Graphics aren't as smooth as MW2 but it hasn't bothered me at all. Really enjoying it so far
    MP is ok i like bigger maps with Moh their small, i like the Ranking System in all games but Moh just Totally Wrecked it you may be Level 15 with a Sniper, but go as a Special Op you may be only Level 6 with him which takes the whole fun of getting ranked up and showing your Skill. after about 5hrs of online game im @ level 4 with Sniper, level 3 with Special op & Level 8 with Rifle man if this was BC 2 i think i would be about level 10 overall

I actually like that kind of ranking system. Rewards you for using what you're good with and most likely to use. Also means it's more of a challenge to unlock ranks for a class you're not as fond of.

Single player was Short, everyone is giving out about it, COD was Shot BC2 was short

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭potsy11

Game was very short. MP keeps freezing when I try to load up from main menu. Way too many bugs for my liking. Pity.

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭_sparkie_

i had my first try at the MP today. i really enjoyed it apart from one thing, the enemy got an airstrike. they called it in on our spawn point and killed our whole team and got another airstrike, i think you see where this is going. this happend three or four times in a row and then i just left the game. they really need to spawn all the players in different spots.

i find that a Balls, your Re-spawn is on the front line, you could easy spawn infront or behind someone thats getting chopped up and you get kill along with him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,806 ✭✭✭✭KeithM89_old

Sweet jesus that game was short - just over 3 hours :( - Hope the multiplayer keeps me going

NO Chance I am after moving back to BC

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

KeithM89 wrote: »
    Sweet jesus that game was short - just over 3 hours :( - Hope the multiplayer keeps me going

Might just rent it for a day so...

Advertisement