Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Medal of Honor

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Notorious97

Played the MP last night on it, have to admit i really like the MP. I prefer MW2 but this is really enjoyable, the amount of people with the sniper class is ridiculous though, sniping is incredibly easy in this game.

I was playing as rifleman class for ages, and got pissed off with snipers so i changed to that class and just basically harassed them with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭Ravage1616

Have to say I'm really enjoying MP! Not finding snipers too much of a problem in it so far but they are a little overpowered. Over all it’s worth buying for the MP experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Anyone finding major problems with clipping in the main game... must say I was suprised to see this. Also the Buddy jump system is incredibly annoying. But I am enjoying the single player so far.

seems like they rushed this out to get the market ahead of COD Black OPS.

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭Ravage1616

Not sure of the missions name but the one with the quad bikes caused me an issue! I get on to the bike and it won't drive. I then restart the check point and I'm stuck on the bike. Guess I'll have to restart the mission! Really annoying!!

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭LittleLebowski

Ravage1616 wrote: »
    Not sure of the missions name but the one with the quad bikes caused me an issue! I get on to the bike and it won't drive. I then restart the check point and I'm stuck on the bike. Guess I'll have to restart the mission! Really annoying!!

I had the same issue. restarted from checkpoint and was just stuck on the bike.Had to restart mission and it was fine. Annoying is not the word!

MP is not as good as MW2. I kept getting respawned in the same spot despite having I dont know how many snipers sitting across the level taking me out before I could even move.

Disapointed a bit.Was hoping for some game to give COD a bit of competition. Wont be this one.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Cork24 wrote: »
    Yes its your NAT dont matter if your NAT 3 NAT 2 Or evening NAT 1 its your Firewall inside your Router.. Let me guess your with Eircom?? then if so Bye bye as you cant get on if you have their new box

if you have other branded box you could do something like DMZ which bypassing the Firewall allowing what every IP address to get to the internet with out the Firewall getting in its way. this will stop your Problem..

no i have the old eircom as far as i know il check it now and see if ur theory works

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Lab_Mouse

Yeah its a sniperfest alright.Worse than any CoD.

Also I cant seem to get a game that isnt lag free.Its making it unplayable.
    Have 24ms ping 6.9Mb d/l and playing on european servers.Go figure.

Having said that,if you get into a lag free game with a good team with no boy scout camping snipers it improves a good bit

• Registered Users Posts: 7,870 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

F1ngers wrote: »
    Might just rent it for a day so...

I rented it for the weekend played 2 hours friday night and 4 on Saturday to finish it. Liked it so much im going to buy it.

Its better than MW2
    Its better than Battlefield.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,216 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

i know mp is better that campaign but i am disgusted with this game 50 notes and it lacks so much imo i was expecting to be blown away pre reviews but alas a pile of ****e this is:(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Im finding less sniper in the Raid game mode, worth trying it out guys.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,500 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Is this worth buying? I was looking forward to it but today have read bad reviews on it, so im unsure now!

I think it is a decent game - multiplayer is good fun, but the Single Player is your typical linear continually scripted FPS campaign.

It will be a good bargain when the prices come down from the high they are at currently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭justbored

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

I rented it for the weekend played 2 hours friday night and 4 on Saturday to finish it. Liked it so much im going to buy it.

Its better than MW2
    Its better than Battlefield.

its battlefield with a feel of mw2 to it, its better than battlefield but its not better than mw2, but hey leist it doesnt have strechy armstrongs slicing u in the face after u put 5 bullets into their chest

MarkY91 wrote: »
    its battlefield with a feel of mw2 to it, its better than battlefield but its not better than mw2, but hey leist it doesnt have strechy armstrongs slicing u in the face after u put 5 bullets into their chest

I think the smaller maps suit the battlefield style better as you can get cover from snipers rather than having big open spaces.

If you get in close to the cover and take your time its brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

I think the smaller maps suit the battlefield style better as you can get cover from snipers rather than having big open spaces.

The whole point of Battlefield is big open maps, smaller maps are a MW thing. Sounds like Battlefield without all the things that make Battlefield great if you ask me.

NotorietyH wrote: »
    The whole point of Battlefield is big open maps, smaller maps are a MW thing. Sounds like Battlefield without all the things that make Battlefield great if you ask me.

Its the lack of open space i liked to reduce the effect snipers have on the matches. They are still a pain though.

Just a new side to the battlefield engine that im enjoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭_DMac_

i have to say that i am really surprised with moh mp. its a lot more strategic than mw2 which is a huge plus point. and its really quick.

didn't realize how slow mw2 was until i played moh for the weekend and went back to mw2 tonite and could not get over how slow everything was.

still haven't gone near the sp though...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

i still think cod is better than moh but moh is in my ps3 all weekend (poor cod)..bit bored of it but moh will keep me happy until black ops :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,330 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

I'm having a hard time forming an opinion on this. It's extremely aggravating to spawn and be killed by an invisible enemy, or incoming mortar/rockets. The accuracy on all the weapons is insane, they're closer to lasers, so any attempt to move in the open is harshly and immediately punished. There's also almost no way to respond once fired upon as you're almost always killed. Once you get used to the enforced style of play it insists on, it can be a good deal more fun. The upside of all the snipers, is that they're as tactically aware as rocks, just like on other games, and a good few got an axe in the neck as a reward for that tonight.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

There's also almost no way to respond once fired upon as you're almost always killed

That is my main dislike, add in the ability to find a spot and simply shoot the guys respawning and you have a recipe for frustration.
    However when you slow right down and thread carefully its then you appreciate what the game is all about.
    Ive had some incredibly frustrating games and some really great games.
    If they fix the respawns and maybe tone down the damage it could be a cracking game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

have to say, not impressed at all from my first impression.

having come from a moh:aa pc background, was the first fps i played after quake, was even on team:Ire back in the days of clanbase cups.

anyways, went and bought the game last night, purely for the mp and wow, was i dissapointed.

first map was the ruined city one, something market i think. my first 5 or 6 spawns i was spawn killed. FREAKED!!. so i manage to get cover in a building and start gettin kills, suddenly im second on the server on my first ever game, with a skill level of like 32 while everyone else is in the 1000's.

so i tried another few maps, they were actually worse.

was so looking forward to huge open maps, like panama canal on bc2, and instead i get these sh1te mw2 type maps.

gameplay is very fast, almost quake3 like. 99% of the time you dont know who killed you, spawn killing is a major issue.

played 3 maps, then went back to world of tanks for some fun.

i will give it another go but i feel this will end up gathering dust like my copy of mw2.

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭touge_drift

anyone else notice a bug in the campaign mode? in the early stages, im stuck in the warehouse once you clear and secure it your meant to run outside to the control tower i think and there is no floor you run outside and fall to your death, its like they forgot to program ground into the game after that part.

this happen to anyone else?

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭_DMac_

anyone else notice a bug in the campaign mode? in the early stages, im stuck in the warehouse once you clear and secure it your meant to run outside to the control tower i think and there is no floor you run outside and fall to your death, its like they forgot to program ground into the game after that part.

this happen to anyone else?

someone had the same problem posted a few pages back... search youtube for it. i think theres an answer there somewhere. its got something to do with refilling your ammo from an ammo create and some guy on your team opens the door for you then and it works.

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭touge_drift

someone had the same problem posted a few pages back... search youtube for it. i think theres an answer there somewhere. its got something to do with refilling your ammo from an ammo create and some guy on your team opens the door for you then and it works.

just read back and had a look, cheers!

its bugging the hell out of me (no pun intended)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,330 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2010-10-19-medal-of-honor-gets-free-multiplayer-dlc

A new team elimination based MP mode and two new maps to follow in a few weeks in the first free DLC.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

Spear wrote: »
    http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2010-10-19-medal-of-honor-gets-free-multiplayer-dlc

A new team elimination based MP mode and two new maps to follow in a few weeks in the first free DLC.

That's cool, wouldn't mind a couple of new maps. And free as well, can't complain with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

copeyhagen wrote: »
    have to say, not impressed at all from my first impression.

having come from a moh:aa pc background, was the first fps i played after quake, was even on team:Ire back in the days of clanbase cups.

anyways, went and bought the game last night, purely for the mp and wow, was i dissapointed.

first map was the ruined city one, something market i think. my first 5 or 6 spawns i was spawn killed. FREAKED!!. so i manage to get cover in a building and start gettin kills, suddenly im second on the server on my first ever game, with a skill level of like 32 while everyone else is in the 1000's.

so i tried another few maps, they were actually worse.

was so looking forward to huge open maps, like panama canal on bc2, and instead i get these sh1te mw2 type maps.

gameplay is very fast, almost quake3 like. 99% of the time you dont know who killed you, spawn killing is a major issue.

played 3 maps, then went back to world of tanks for some fun.

i will give it another go but i feel this will end up gathering dust like my copy of mw2.

ROIIIIIISHE THERES YOURE PROBLEM BUDDY

• Registered Users Posts: 10,216 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

this game had me so excited but then i played it:mad:

now i wanna hang from rafters:)

seriously though mp isnt that bad but sp omg its terrible

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭citizen_p

justbored wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.
    just bring it back and say you didnt like it, i did this in xtravision with a game and kept it up for six months when i was strapped for cash, first time the godfather didnt work on my ps2 but after i completed the replacment copy of the godfather i brought it back again, completed 6 games that way until i found one i liked the multiplayer on/ had single player replayability.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭Dave147

Just got the game tonight, haven't finished downloading the sp yet, brother Steam gifted it to me for my birthday, first impressions are positive, I really enjoyed the feel of the game, BC2 feels really uncomfortable despite it's awesome graphics, when you kill someone in this it feels good.. Much prefer it to MW2 and although I will buy BlackOps I've a feeling this is one game I'll be playing for quite awhile.

Advertisement