Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Medal of Honor

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭War Machine 539

Dropping someone in this from 300 yards . . . . . . Delicious! As everyone is saying, will do till Black Ops, tiny amount of weapons. Its pitiful in fact. The guns you do get are great! Good game,

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Yeah the tiny amount of weapons is pathetic, loving the lazer attatchments for the spec ops guns.
    Apparently they are fixing respawns along with 2 new maps and a new game mode in the patch.
    I must say the more i play it and get used to it the more i enjoy it.
    Certainly a hell of a lot better than MW2, god ive grown to hate that game with a passion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

I'm feeling a bit disappointed by the multiplayer. It's ok but i find the weapons are too powerful. The maps feel a bit too linear as well. I still prefer it to MW2 but it still isn't a patch on BFBC2.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,497 ✭✭✭Damien360

Personally I like it a lot. I have just played multilplayer 2 nights for about 3 hours each night. If you do the COD thing and run around like a headless chicken trying to stab everything in sight, you will not last 2 minutes. The game is a nice set of small maps that need a bit of thought to do well. The snipers are a pain in the hole but that comes with the territory. I have got absolutly no lag any night, unlike COD which was hell for lag. I have'nt tried single player yet. Will probably buy black ops but I will wait for while and see the reviews/complaints first.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Just finished the single player. Very short. I enjoyed it though.

Tried the multiplayer for a while. Ive played MW2 for a while, so it was an interesting change. I like the gameplay. Game types are cool. The maps are very good. Big enough. I reckon I will play this a lot now.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,330 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Here's the changelist for patch 2, seems to address some of the basic concerns, don't know whether it's enough though.

http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/medal-honor-pc/1369357-upcoming-pc-patch-2-notes.html

A second PC patch is on the way for Medal of Honor's multiplayer. We have been working on the feedback from the forums that you posted during the PC beta. We are listening to your major concerns and are pleased to show you the change/fix list.
    GENERAL
    • Fixed the scenario when joining a friend on a password protected server caused a hang
    • Ribbons and medals appear on unranked servers
    • Jumping and shooting at the same time now affects the ability to be accurate with the weapons
    • Added aiming spot in binoculars in hardcore mode
    • Holding your breath and moving forward no longer takes you out of scope
    • Modifications in weapon behaviour *see weapon tweaks below
    • Increased the points needed to win a Domination/TDM game
    -- Increased TDM score from 1200 to 1400 points
    -- Increased Sector Control score from 1800 to 2600 points
    • Decreased accuracy while shooting from the hip
    • Cut points from score chain rewards in half
    • Addressed the sniper rifle damage to bring the sniper rifle more in line with the other kits
    • Increased the amount of recoil and spread *see weapon tweaks below
    • Changed immortal time to 1.9 from 1.6 seconds after spawn to prevent the scenario of spawning in the open only to be shot on spawn in

WEAPONS
    • Assault Rifles
    -- Increased recoil
    -- Deviation
    --- Increased deviation when not zooming
    --- Deviation bug fixed (increased while shooting)
    -- Lowered close range damage
    -- Jumping deviation increased
    • Carbines
    -- Increased recoil
    -- Deviation
    --- Increased deviation when not zooming
    --- Deviation increses faster than assault rifles
    --- Deviation bug fixed (increased while shooting)
    -- Jumping deviation increased
    • Sniper rifles
    -- Headshot does the most damage
    -- Less damage from bolt action
    --- 2 shots to kill on body from long range
    --- 1 shot on body from short range
    ---- Normal: 8m
    ---- Ammo 2: 10m
    ---- Range: 9.6m
    -- Increased recoil on semi-automatic
    • Soldier
    -- Damage by hit point
    --- Head
    ---- Headshots as before
    --- Body
    ---- Body shots as before
    --- Arms and legs
    ---- 20% less damage

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

I went back to the single player game over the last few nights and finished it last nite. I must admit I didn't enjoy the first hour of the game but once the story cranks up and you get some appreciation of the characters I really enjoyed it.

I dont know if this has been mentioned in the thread already but I've a question about the end of the game
    What was the last scene about? The one where some dude was walking down a street in some Afghan town?

EDIT: Just checked the list of fixes for Patch 2. This will definitely help sort out some of the things that annoy me about multiplayer.

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭lunacyfoundme

Is it worth getting for single player game only? Cause I dont play multiplayer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

Far too short to just get for the single player.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

The single player is short, about as short as in all FPS games really. You should rent it instead.

I finished the single player today and i enjoyed it. I thought it was a bit more realistic stroywise than the over the top stories in COD.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,330 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Curious, EA are now providing stats sigs for MoH.
    http://medalofhonorstats.ea.com/FB/sig.php?tag=TheSpearman&platform=pc

sig.php?tag=TheSpearman&platform=pc

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭marko93

Is anyone else having problems with installing Frontline?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Cool:
    PCsig.php?tag=ArseHammer&platform=pc
    PS3sig.php?tag=nailhammer&platform=ps3

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭dwelby101

Got the game a few days ago, thought the single player mode was awesome! i finished it pretty fast tho, think it took about 5 hours, a bit short i thought, still fun tho!

My mouse was actin up big time on me when i was playin and when i was lookin for a new one i saw this, pretty cool http://l33t.razerzone.com/index.php?user_dtl=ceae52ff4e8c1e44a2b5092405049f1e

Hey marco, i had a serious prob tryin to get the game installed, i tried installing a few different ways, using safe mode and whatnot, however after i uninstalled AVG it went in fine. I'd try just uninstalling AVG and see how it goes :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

Played it, traded it. Meh.

Multiplayer was good though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Nemanja91

Can somebody please help me?

I am playing the Single player and am on the mission where
    You fall out of the helicopter into the snow
    I am a bit into this mission, I am 7.15 into this video

http://www.gamerfuzion.com/LaserBolt/video/medal-of-honor-2010-walkthrough-gameplay-mission-9-part-1-2/
    When I am hiding under the bridge no one walks over it so I move on and get spotted, then I fight my way though the rest but when I kill everyone the music is still playing and Mother just stands behind a rock, I even go to the place we should be going next but can't get through the hole

Has this happened anyone? It would be much appreciated it you told me how to do it? EDIT: nevermind I fixed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Nemanja91

Anyone know how much you get for trading this into GamStop and Xtravision?

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Dunnel009

Nemanja91 wrote: »
    i traded back reach and lost planet2 and got MOH for free with Smiths, so when Blackops comes out i plan on using MOH and woods 11 to get it for free, you should get at least 35 on its own i reckon

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭coadyd

was playing single player tonight some mission with atv's tried to climb back of to complete the mission now in stuck floating over the ATV with my team mate waving at me to hurry up.. how dare EA relese a bugged piece of **** game like this .

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭lunacyfoundme

I was playing the airport mission last night. I was using the laser targeter on the jeeps crossing the airfield but failed the mission. It reloaded and from then on the targeter wouldnt lock on. Playing the mission over to see if that fixes it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭Clover

coadyd wrote: »
    was playing single player tonight some mission with atv's tried to climb back of to complete the mission now in stuck floating over the ATV with my team mate waving at me to hurry up.

Played the single player with no problems on the first play through but I came upon the same problem myself the second time .

Both times I had to get off the ATV my character was stuck and I had to kill myself with a grenade to continue.

Also tried to play tier 1 last night but it would not connect to the server :mad:

I checked in Game and they are giving €30 + 25% extra (€37:50) towards a pre-order for this game , so it will be going this week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 662 ✭✭✭Liber8or

Nemanja91 wrote: »

€30 Store Credit with Xtra-Vision or €20 Cash.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭Cork24

if you are going to trade it in.. you want to do it now as everyone is going to trade that game in for COD, and if you hold off its only going to get a lower trade in value

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Rented this and couldn't be arsed playing past the first mission... Even for a rental I felt ripped off!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I like MP, apart from the bad spawning system and certain maps in relation to overuse of snipers. They should have a system in which every team must be compromised of 33% rifle, 33% SpecOP and 33% Sniper, ala Day of Defeat.

Single player is great too. Better than Modern Warfare as far as the storyline goes, and very similar in terms of cinematic gameplay, though perhaps slightly inferior to MW2 in that regard.

All in all, well worth the 38.99 I paid for it brand new in PC World.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,870 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

coadyd wrote: »
    was playing single player tonight some mission with atv's tried to climb back of to complete the mission now in stuck floating over the ATV with my team mate waving at me to hurry up.. how dare EA relese a bugged piece of **** game like this .

Happened to me i just had to press L1 and it freed him up from it.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

tman wrote: »
    Rented this and couldn't be arsed playing past the first mission... Even for a rental I felt ripped off!

/o/ You've made me feel a hell of a lot better for giving it a miss :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Enjoying the MP aspect, not touched the SP as of yet. Not a chance I'll be picking up another COD game so it'll suffice till another decent FPS is released.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Im enjoying the the MP as its the opposite of everything i hate in MW2, run around mindlessly in this will get you nowhere.
    No sign of childish perks,akimbo weapons etc to rely on.
    Yes the respawn points are silly in some game modes,yes the damage and or health points are silly but they say they are working on a patch for these issues, time will tell.
    The very single fact that it has dedicated servers makes it infinitely better than MW2 imo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Was playing this yesterday afternoon and had a wee bit of a glitch with it.
    It was the mission when your helicopter is shot down and your night vision goggles are slightly broken and fizz in and out. So anyway I get to the cabin when people start shooting at you and the place goes on fire. AFter an explosion and the screen goes a bit hazy I got stuck in a corner and could only duck left and right. Couldn't move my gun or move or anything. Turns out you have to go to the door you entered. I tried 5 times before I copped what I had to do.

Advertisement