Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Primary Schools Glasnevin- Worried Now!!

Options
  • 12-10-2010 11:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭

I'm very worried that I won't have a place in a school for my son next year.

The main issue (not an issue for us, but just regarding school choice) is that his Dad is Church of England, and as such we ruled out Catholic schools.

I knew that the few non-denominational schools in the area are hard to get into, there's 3 that I know of. The 2 Educate together schools and the national school, of which I am a past pupil and is our first choice.

I sent applications to all 3 schools when the wee lad was 5mths old, all sent at the same time.

Fastforward to a couple of weeks ago, I got letters from both Educate Together schools, 154 and 167 on the waiting lists! I heard nothing from the national school. I called them to find out why and they said they had never got the application!!!!!

They sent me out another form ,I sent it back immediately, and again heard nothing back. When I called today, they said they had sent a reply on Oct 4th, but I haven't received it yet, so they said they would post out another, but to be warned that he is very far down the waiting list.

What on earth do I do now? I've been let down twice by An Post now! I'm pulling my hair out.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Peppa

Hi there, save the hair :D:D!!!!

The same happened to me this year. However I rang the NS (LO's name was down since birth but lost) concerned and luckily they had dropouts and my LO got in (this was always our first choice school).

Glasnevin Educate Together told me my LO was 140 on list and highly unlikely to even get in next year. 3 weeks later we got an offer to send them this year!!!!

Needless to say we stuck with 1st choice.

I understand your panic I was the same and contacted every school I could find just in case. Anyhow we are still down for Glasnevin for next year (as hadn't received the confirmation on the one she is in now at that time) so that is one space less taken up.......

About your local school - go and collect their reply in person.

Advertisement