Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ikea delivery to Cork (Need help)

Options
  • 12-10-2010 12:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭

I need to buy something in Ikea. It only costs €17 so driving up to get it seems pointless as i would go through around €60 in fuel.

Does anyone have any ideas how i would get it down for a cheap price? Its a small table so would be fairly small in packaging. Tried getting a quote on a few websites but that was a week ago and nobody got back to me. Probably because its so small its not worth the bother.

Any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭murphym7

There is a company that does this I think - because your order is small maybe they can add it in at the end of a larger one or something. I have never used them nor know anyone who has used them: http://idelivery.ie/WP/

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

murphym7 wrote: »
    There is a company that does this I think - because your order is small maybe they can add it in at the end of a larger one or something. I have never used them nor know anyone who has used them: http://idelivery.ie/WP/

They charge a minimum of €80... No F-ing way!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭evilivor

Hogzy wrote: »
    I need to buy something in Ikea. It only costs €17 so driving up to get it seems pointless as i would go through around €60 in fuel.

Does anyone have any ideas how i would get it down for a cheap price? Its a small table so would be fairly small in packaging. Tried getting a quote on a few websites but that was a week ago and nobody got back to me. Probably because its so small its not worth the bother.

Any suggestions?

I used http://www.themottlycrew.com/ earlier this year and happy to recommend - downside is they have a €35 minimum according to site. Might be worth while ringing and seeing what's the best price he can do you if you're not in an out of the way place and they're delivering nearby over the next few weeks.

Hi Ian. Of course. Ill send the email right away!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭LeNNoX

Wow - free delivery, it does't get better than that.

good man Ian

enjoy your table Hogzy

Ian,
    I might be ordering a load of stuff in the coming months. If I do, I'll give you a shout.

LeNNoX

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,863 ✭✭✭Papa_Lazarou

twinsdad wrote: »
    Hi

Ian from www.themottlycrew.ie where in Cork you living? If you are willing to meet me either near the tunnel or city centre I will bring this down for free. You will obviously need to pay for table cash when received. Email me at ian@themottlycrew.ie with details.

Fair play to ya! Nice to see there's still companies around willing to go an extra step for potential customers!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,533 ✭✭✭Colonialboy

anyone used the mottley crew recently for delivery. Or know of any others delivering Ikea to Cork

• Registered Users Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭evilivor

anyone used the mottley crew recently for delivery. Or know of any others delivering Ikea to Cork

I used Ian/mottley crew back in December - happy to recommend.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Any suggestions?

Hogzy, just curious if you requested a quote from my own website, www.VanTasks.ie? I definitely would have replied even if I couldn't offer a competitive price, which I couldn't on such a small delivery as I don't get much down to Cork as it is, but just double checking that if you did pop me a quote request, that A) I got it and B) you got my reply. No email comes through my inbox without being dealt with!

I've spoken to Ian before and he sounded like a good guy to deal with :)

I posted this thread 2 years ago.... :confused:

Thanks for the help though. But its not needed anymore.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,533 ✭✭✭Colonialboy

Ian at themottley crew sorted me out, grand price and delivery .

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭sensormatic

80 euros i rather bring it down on the train and make a day out of it up there

• Registered Users Posts: 6,165 ✭✭✭beer enigma

I posted this thread 2 years ago.... :confused:

Thanks for the help though. But its not needed anymore.

Zombie thread so closing off

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement