Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fable III/3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

If I recall, the Fable 2 CE was about the same price, and that was because you didn't get like 90% of the stuff that was meant to be in the CE, no figure, and the art cards wound being made a pdf download instead and so on. It was all bit of a farce. I'd be wary of all the promised shinies making it into the box for 55e

Something went wrong with the figure iirc so it couldn't be sold.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭docdolittle

I'm pretty much avoiding all the media for Fable III :) Don't really want to listen to Molyneux come up with his mad hype for it and spoil bits for me. All I know so far is, you start a rebellion, become king and then rule for a while keeping all your promises from the rebellion, don't really want to know the rest until I actually play it :) I've the collectors edition pre-ordered already

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Have been Replaying Fable II lately I really love the start of it.I wished they dragged out Sparrow's Childhood more.Have a Quest or two.It ended too quicky. Can't wait for Fable III friday week.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

funkyflea wrote: »
    Yeah, I actually asked them a few weeks ago what the price would be and they said €49.99 for standard, €54.99 for collectors edition. Online it shows the same prices. Confirmed in store today collectors edition for €54.99..preordered.

Just hope they don't whack the price up to €80 at the last minute because those 'extras' aren't worth an extra €30.
    If you've paid the deposit they're obliged to honour the contract. Just print out the section on consumer law off of citizensinformation.ie and hand it to them if they make any noise.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Definitely picking this up. Fable 1 blew me away, and it's replay value was awesome

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,186 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Looking foward to this myself. Playing through Fable 2 at the moment, and am enjoying it again. Sounds like they have made a lot of improvements for the third chapter.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Can't wait for this, absolutely love the fable franchise. Might have to play through 2 again though before picking up 3.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I'm putting a call in for the Collectors Edition at lunch today if it's only €55.

I read somewhere that the multi-player is improved. That whole "2 players on the same game screen" thing in the last one is the reason I stopped playing Fable 2 because it simply made me too angry trying to move around and getting stuck on scenery because the person I was playing with was unable to move as they were desperately trying to kill some monsters who were attacking and who they could only see half of. Hey Lionhead, the 80's called and they want Gauntlet back...

I don't seem to have any time to get back to the second one and get it finished before this release though - I wonder will it spoil it completely? I think I'll finish it before starting 3 :D

The "morality"/decision making and story will need to be good cause combat wise, I've now got Deathspank to compare it to and whilst I will agree that they're very different games, the combat from Fable 2 and Deathspank are at least comparable in terms of mechanics (and I find Deathspank to be a lot more fun to play).

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Kharn wrote: »
    I'm putting a call in for the Collectors Edition at lunch today if it's only €55.

I read somewhere that the multi-player is improved. That whole "2 players on the same game screen" thing in the last one is the reason I stopped playing Fable 2 because it simply made me too angry trying to move around and getting stuck on scenery because the person I was playing with was unable to move as they were desperately trying to kill some monsters who were attacking and who they could only see half of. Hey Lionhead, the 80's called and they want Gauntlet back...

I don't seem to have any time to get back to the second one and get it finished before this release though - I wonder will it spoil it completely? I think I'll finish it before starting 3 :D

The "morality"/decision making and story will need to be good cause combat wise, I've now got Deathspank to compare it to and whilst I will agree that they're very different games, the combat from Fable 2 and Deathspank are at least comparable in terms of mechanics (and I find Deathspank to be a lot more fun to play).
    I think the combat has been played down a fair bit in this. There's a lot more to do in the game (running your country is a good example of that). And the various decisions are more of the "there doesn't seem to be a right answer" type.

But the combat isn't bad at all. Fairly untuitive, I thought.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Good good.

Well special edition booked and €20 down on it in Gamestop there about 20 mins ago, so looking forward to seeing the final product.

• Advertisement

I'm actually kind of worried by what Steel Spine said above about not getting the proper CE edition. That's happened to me before, but I can't remember if it was with Gamestop or if it was something I got online. But I remember being pissed off because I didn't get the feelies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭the-lad

anyone know what happened to the rumoured Kingmaker app?
    http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/65840

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

the-lad wrote: »
    anyone know what happened to the rumoured Kingmaker app?
    http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/65840

It's been out for a week or so on android, came out on iphone the other day but only available on the uk appstore. I downloaded it with a uk account but the app doesn't work here sadly.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,324 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Always been a big fan of the series, think I'm going to run through II again in the next few weeks before diving in.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,870 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Ive my review copy since Monday, ill be settling down to play it tonight. I wont post any story spoilers here or in the review other than if its good or not. As its the kind of game where reviews could spoil the story for you.

Ive my review copy since Monday, ill be settling down to play it tonight. I wont post any story spoilers here or in the review other than if its good or not. As its the kind of game where reviews could spoil the story for you.
    But...but...you've had it 3 days and not played it? Does not compute!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

humanji wrote: »

This!!!!!!!! :eek::eek::eek::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,870 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

humanji wrote: »

I know i know its my shame but i had 4 projects to be in wens morning so it had to wait.

I know i know its my shame but i had 4 projects to be in wens morning so it had to wait.
    Shouldn't you just have abandoned the projects? I'm fairly sure people would be cool with that if they knew why.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

was gonna pre ordered it today at hmv on the way home but its a rarity to see Ireland not being the rip off as here in the UK the special edition is 59.99 sterling which kinda put me off until I check for alternatives.

Online might be an option as I will be filming in norfolk on the launch day so wont be able to get it to play til the following monday

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

I'd prefer a Black & White III :(

Was anyone else really rooting for that chicken?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

I can't go into it because of a embargo but I have a promo copy. Suffice to say it's bloody good.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Pre-ordered my CE from gamestop today, the price is gonna be €65 apparantly so if you availed of the €55 price previously watch they dont charge ya €10 extra next friday.

Now, 7 days to complete Fallout: New Vegas to make room for this.....its possible, right??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

Gunmonkey wrote: »
    Pre-ordered my CE from gamestop today, the price is gonna be €65 apparantly so if you availed of the €55 price previously watch they dont charge ya €10 extra next friday.

Now, 7 days to complete Fallout: New Vegas to make room for this.....its possible, right??

Can they bump the price up like that? If you preordered it for 55. I've a feeling they will.

funkyflea wrote: »
    Can they bump the price up like that? If you preordered it for 55. I've a feeling they will.

Well checking the recipt it says you have paid such an amount. if its not enough for the full cost, then they will probably charge ya more. It is Gamestop after all.....that or ask you if you want a pre-owned copy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

i ordered special edition for 55e but me mate says he ordered the 90e one, i didn no there was one?

Gamestop has it for around €60, I think Amazon and Play charged around €90. Least I've not heard of a 3rd spec edition, and Google throws up the €60 only. Maybe he got the Fable 3 pad bundled in too.

If he payed €90, laugh at him....much.

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭Saaron

Heya, was just wondering if anyone knows whether this game will be better than number 2.

I know it's not out yet, but maybe people know more than I do. I liked the last game, it was enjoyable but it was much too short. I had only got into the game when I ended up completing it (In about 4 days) :( The online options weren't great either.

I'm trying to contemplate whether I should get this or not..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Saaron wrote: »
    Heya, was just wondering if anyone knows whether this game will be better than number 2.

I know it's not out yet, but maybe people know more than I do. I liked the last game, it was enjoyable but it was much too short. I had only got into the game when I ended up completing it (In about 4 days) :( The online options weren't great either.

I'm trying to contemplate whether I should get this or not..

When these lads finish it i'm sure they'll give us their opinions. I'd imagine best bet to watch the GameTrailers (and IGN) video reviews and head over to Metacritic if you're not convinced. I'd find it hard to believe that the game wouldn't be as good since they've got two under the belt. It might be quite similar but really, you'll enjoy the game and it'll be worth playing. How about downloading the demo first? Or renting it for a day and deciding then? You could always just re-sell it after a few days and get most of your money back.

Advertisement