Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fable III/3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

http://kotaku.com/5672979/how-to-marry-another-gamer-online-via-fable-iii

i'm looking for a rich would be husband/wife (either's fine, not fussy) to hook up with at the end of this week in albion

• Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Lots of reviews are out. Looks like an 8/10 average.

http://www.metacritic.com/game/xbox-360/fable-iii

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,478 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Hmm, seems like the king phase is extremely underwhelming, while the rest of the game is very similar to Fable II.

Still will give it a play, but doesn't sound like a massive improvement over the last game. Considering I thought Fable II was a major step up from Fable I, that's disappointing :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,870 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Our review is being published right now, in patches this game drove me nuts with the problems, but over all when you take in to account the scale, how good it looks and how well its written. it ended up getting a boost to 90%

Bit darker and easier to get into than 2 but not a whole lot better.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,442 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

My friends review is up on Game.ie and he isn't all that impressed. He's usually pretty much spot on.

http://www.game.ie/X360/fableiii/Review.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 7,870 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    My friends review is up on Game.ie and he isn't all that impressed. He's usually pretty much spot on.

http://www.game.ie/X360/fableiii/Review.aspx

Good review but a bit harsh seems to mark it down for being well Fable really

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,442 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Yeah he's a good writer but doesn't let games away with stuff as much as most other popular reviewers do and can seem a bit harsher because of it. He won't let a game away with much when other sites are handing out 10/10's to some fairly mediocre titles. He's more into film reviews and does them on phantom FM and click magazine so he reviews games more like he reviews films. He tore into AvsP and from what I played it wasone of the worst FPS games released ina long while despite some ok reviews.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

Still set for release tomorrow? Post up price paid everyone!

funkyflea wrote: »
    Still set for release tomorrow? Post up price paid everyone!

Midnight Release at Game Limerick for anyone that can't wait until tomorrow :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

If you put a deposit on the game at 54.99 and they raise the prices to 64.99 do they have to sell it to you for 54?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

Also wondering the same thingg

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

If you put a deposit on the game at 54.99 and they raise the prices to 64.99 do they have to sell it to you for 54?
    Not positive, but I think they can charge whatever they like afterwards. Unless you're receipt says what the final price is. I guess I'll find out at lunch time.

Gamestop SE = €49.99, CE = €64.99
    Game SE = €49.99, CE = €64.99
    HMV SE = €44.99, CE = €69.99

CE was £49.70 on Amazon this morning. Now gone up to £60.49

moz wrote: »
    Game SE = €49.99, CE = €74.99

Don't suppose you know if the CE edition in Gamestop and the like is the proper CE edition in the fancy box, or just a standard box with the vouchers for the DLC?

humanji wrote: »
    Don't suppose you know if the CE edition in Gamestop and the like is the proper CE edition in the fancy box, or just a standard box with the vouchers for the DLC?

Don't know mate, I just gave them a call. Will let you know in a couple of hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Skykes

Gamestop really ****ed us over on this one lads, really smart business if you think about it.

I went in this morning at 9 to gamestop in saint stephans green.

The manager didnt even say sorry or anything, really really disapointed.

Anybody know if that is legal?

Skykes wrote: »
    Gamestop really ****ed us over on this one lads, really smart business if you think about it.

I went in this morning at 9 to gamestop in saint stephans green.

The manager didnt even say sorry or anything, really really disapointed.

Anybody know if that is legal?

I think if you look at the small print it says prices subject to change or something like that.
    Still, it's €10 cheaper than Game :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭farreca

well I ordered it off the gamestop website and was charged 60€ incl delivery

surely they can't go and look for more money, they'lll prob cancel the order and tell me to re-order

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

moz wrote: »
    Game SE = €49.99, CE = €74.99

€75 in GAME I ordered this thinking at MOST it'd be €60.They can Fu*k right off at that Price.Its a deck of cards,a Coin & a case. That'd be €30 more than I paid for Red Dead,Alan Wake,FIFA or Any new release this year.Better get on to my brother who's picking this up for me.

• Advertisement

Ok, was just in Game, Limerick and the CE is 64.99 and NOT 74.99. The muppet gave me the wrong price over the phone this morning.
    The CE in Gamestop is the full CE edition.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭ghostchant

Game on Dawson St do have it for 74.99, with the 10e deposit making it 64.99.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Tippex

Smyths are also selling it for 74.99

Got my CE in Gamestop. It's the full book version and was €65.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

Game in Cork have the CE edition marked as 75 but selling it for 65. I imagine they're price-matching with Gamestop.

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Ian Beale

Standard edition in tesco is 35

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,186 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Ian Beale wrote: »
    Standard edition in tesco is 35

Cool, might actually pick this up later in that case.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭farreca

ok gamestop actually delivered the collectors edition. had it preordered, only paid 60

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Cuclean

Xtra Vision in Crumlin, I got the C.E. for 59.99

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Got it now it's going to gather dust for a few weeks while I finish fallout NV.
    Why did they have to release these so close together.

Advertisement