Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fable III/3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Ok got this, only installed it and d/l the Collectors DLC. There is a second code that all Fable3 copies comes with for some extras (Highland outfit, Red Setter dog skin), but odd thing was I d/l the free weapon pack up on XBL (Bloodstone Hammer and some gun) at the same time and said the code I entered was already d/l, and then told me the code had been used after when all the d/l had finished.

So just watch out, and d/l the code for the Highland gear before any others or it will bug on ya.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Gunmonkey wrote: »
    Ok got this, only installed it and d/l the Collectors DLC. There is a second code that all Fable3 copies comes with for some extras (Highland outfit, Red Setter dog skin), but odd thing was I d/l the free weapon pack up on XBL (Bloodstone Hammer and some gun) at the same time and said the code I entered was already d/l, and then told me the code had been used after when all the d/l had finished.

So just watch out, and d/l the code for the Highland gear before any others or it will bug on ya.

Small card or big card 1st :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Big one, not played the game yet so dunnno if the file I downloaded is just named wrong but still :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 phant0m

Cuclean wrote: »
    Xtra Vision in Crumlin, I got the C.E. for 59.99

Yeah Xtra-vision are selling the CE for €59.99, just picked up a copy there myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Brilliant game, really makes me play the xbox now... Only games I have now is this and Halo Reach and both are awesome... Didnt play too long maybe 2 hours but it is so far awesome..

Anyone know how long this game lasts?..

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,442 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I've heard 15 hours if you do everything, 6-8 if you power through.

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Ian Beale

It seems pretty short if becoming king is the halfway point, I got it in 3-4 hours without to much trouble,although the remaining half could be...interesting

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Xyo

does anyone else think this game looks bad? im running this on a 32" widescreen at 1080p and it looks awful maybe there's something im missing here

• Registered Users Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭Branoic

I've heard about 20 hours, and the king bit is 2/3 of the way through.

Anyone picked the female hero and think she looks remarkably like Kiera Knightley??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Xyo wrote: »
    does anyone else think this game looks bad? im running this on a 32" widescreen at 1080p and it looks awful maybe there's something im missing here

Yep, pretty shocking looking by today's standards with a crap framerate to boot... Would feel weird having a Fable game any other way!

Not too impressed by the house repair feature... I can see that getting annoying for someone like me who'll end up buying every property in the game:o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

Xyo wrote: »

I thought the opening sequence (not the intro but the initial castle scene) had a serious frame rate/graphics issue but it cleaned up nicely afterwards except for an occasional slowdown (that an install rectified easily)

My only real gripe at the moment is I keep f*cking up the save system and ending up needing to redo the last quest before I quit. (though I wouldnt mind redoing the reaver one tomorrow)

Aside from that, I loved the fluid gameplay of fable 2 and fable 3 delivers the same in a more steampunk oriented world that appeals to me. So I like it. It really has its tonuge much firmer in cheek over the prior games which is great. Sadly there seems to be little linkage with fable 2 beyond two specific characters. I was hoping it would do a mass effect 2 and a fable 2 save will effect certain elements of the gameworld to reflect your actions.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Enjoying the game. Just 'cheated' a little and left my Xbox on all night to wake up to 5million gold :)

Downside: All your rented houses fall into disrepeair and everyone hates you so now I need to win everyone over again! Got a message too saying 'Your family wants to speak to you'. If that's an incentive NOT to see them, I don't know what is!

chrislad wrote: »
    Enjoying the game. Just 'cheated' a little and left my Xbox on all night to wake up to 5million gold :)

I'm disappointed that your money doesn't accrue while you're not playing the game ala Fable 2, thought that was a fantastic touch! (might fire it up now to see just how much I've got waiting for me!)
    And yeah, the disrepair feature is already doing my head in, they really needed to put a "repair all" button in there somewhere...

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    My friends review is up on Game.ie and he isn't all that impressed. He's usually pretty much spot on.

http://www.game.ie/X360/fableiii/Review.aspx

Tell your friend he needs a site redesign, thats absolutely shocking.

For long reading and droves of text, that narrow is appaling, could not get past the second paragraph : /

Pity cause the writing looks decent, but that site needs a changing big style.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,540 ✭✭✭✭Varik

chrislad wrote: »

Downside: All your rented houses fall into disrepeair and everyone hates you so now I need to win everyone over again! Got a message too saying 'Your family wants to speak to you'. If that's an incentive NOT to see them, I don't know what is!

Is it possible to make a character get married and have that character left on all night to get rent then give the money to the an other player, so you won't have any bad reaction on the main player and the other character can just be a money maker.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Played it for a fair bit yesterday. It's really good. But it's far too easy. I do like the combat system though. Maybe it's just the way I play, but I find that I have to use all three skills to fight, rather than relying on just the one. Plus, the "fatalities" animations are pretty cool. I was fighting a load of wolves with a pistol and one jumped at me from behind. I caught him by the neck and shot him in the head. It was weird, because I didn't realise there were any of those in the game.

The map system is terrible, though. It took me a while to realise that they aren't even accurate maps of the areas, so trying to navigate by them is pointless. Add to this the fact that the waypoint system has a tendency to point you in the wrong direction.

And having no quest log is a pain in the hole, since you always know what you're doing. I know that they were trying to do away with menus to make it a better experience, but even in real life you can write stuff down and look in your pockets to see what you're holding.

All in all, trying to streamline the game was a disaster. It just leaves a shell of a game that keeps making you feel like you're missing something.

But besides all that, I still really like it. The humour in it is pretty good, some of the quests are well put together (the D&D skit was great), and although it doesn't seem like there's a whole lot of variety in the game, I'm not finding it a choir at all. I played maybe 9 hours yesterday in total, but only got to Bowerstone now, so there's plenty to do if you just want to explore.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭Branoic

Yeah, liking the game but hating the whole "lack of menus" thing. The Sanctuary is a terrible idea - all it is is a glorified menu system, but one in which it takes longer to actually find something. And as noted above, the totally inaccurate map is a nightmare. What's the point in it?

Finished it just going back to redo a few things... One thing I am having a problem with is
    finding Elise so I can finally get married :L... and getting the shops opened

Brilliant game... Only bad issue was loading times for me.. I definately would have given it 8.5, also the shortness of the game was bad but then again I did kind of rush it..

Varik wrote: »
    Is it possible to make a character get married and have that character left on all night to get rent then give the money to the an other player, so you won't have any bad reaction on the main player and the other character can just be a money maker.

Not too sure if that's possible, but if you want to get lots of money that way just buy the businesses instead of houses, as you don't have to repair them at all.
    Sold all of my houses yesterday and bought pretty much every stall and cheaper business available, so should hopefully start raking it in soon.
    You're better off avoiding buying properties until you're a good way into the game too imo - by the time you've unlocked level 5 pie making, you can just skip starting off with the smaller properties.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭V9

Anyone gettin bugs in the game? I'm on my second play through and I can't exit the sanctuary unless I go through the map. It's very annoying.

• Advertisement

V9 wrote: »
    Anyone gettin bugs in the game? I'm on my second play through and I can't exit the sanctuary unless I go through the map. It's very annoying.

It seems to me the only people alive are gards ffs... Cant communicate with anyone I can only do the quests and on a relationship quest I couldnt hold hands.. God it's p*ssing me off.. So boring now after finishing it I feel.. Trading in soon to get AC BH..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Only bugs I got so far were scenery disappearing.The holding Hands mechanic is so annoying & fidgity.I'm enjoying it but I expected better.The sidequests have been good.I enjoyed the Gnome,Chicken & Play ones more than the Quests i've done.I hope the game is longer than it feels. I want it to be about 20 hours including the Sidequests.

Just finished Fable III took me about 12 hours but I didn't do all the Side Quests.I'm dissapointed with the final third of the game.Some of it felt like a chore.I enjoyed the first half but the part with Reaver was clearly a Cruicble rehash & it never recovered from that point on.I expected better & some of the ifluences didn't suit the Fable universe.I don't want to Spoil it for anyone who's still playing but i'd like to hear other peoples opinions on it if they've completed it.

GTR63 wrote: »
    Just finished Fable III took me about 12 hours but I didn't do all the Side Quests.I'm dissapointed with the final third of the game.Some of it felt like a chore.I enjoyed the first half but the part with Reaver was clearly a Cruicble rehash & it never recovered from that point on.I expected better & some of the ifluences didn't suit the Fable universe.I don't want to Spoil it for anyone who's still playing but i'd like to hear other peoples opinions on it if they've completed it.

I finished the main storyline the day after release, going to put my comments in spoiler tags,
    *****Do NOT read if you have not finished the main storyline**********
    I was the same, up to that point I thought it was fantastic, after that I found how the story developed to be very boring. The big scary darkness oooooooooo yea didn't excite me much and it was way way to short I completed the main story in 6 hours. Hated that the expression wheel was gone and the the slow downs are unforgivable, and as for the having to repair each house one by one :mad:.
    I loved the update graphics, the kill animations were fantastic and how the weapons changed looked very nice. Overall though I thought Fable 2 was better then 3 and was glad I only paid €35 for it. A very bitter taste as I was really looking forward to Fable 3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

Tbh I've stopped getting excited about games, if you get excited they'll always be crap. My best buy of the year was just a random purchase

• Registered Users Posts: 27,324 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

So what's the verdict guys? Think of picking it up this weekend, is it worth paying full price for?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

Rent it if you can mate, Or if you are buying it, just get standard edition.

So what's the verdict guys? Think of picking it up this weekend, is it worth paying full price for?

Should have put this part outside of my spoiler tags, personally I'm glad I only paid €35 for it, very short (took me 6 hours to finish main story, wasn't hard at all, it was very very easy and parts I found boring) and some of the frame rate issues are unforgivable. Fable 2 was much better overall in my opinion, I honestly couldn't recommend Fable 3 especially if it will cost €45+

Ian Beale wrote: »
    I finished the main storyline the day after release, going to put my comments in spoiler tags,
    *****Do NOT read if you have not finished the main storyline**********
    I was the same, up to that point I thought it was fantastic, after that I found how the story developed to be very boring. The big scary darkness oooooooooo yea didn't excite me much and it was way way to short I completed the main story in 6 hours. Hated that the expression wheel was gone and the the slow downs are unforgivable, and as for the having to repair each house one by one :mad:.
    I loved the update graphics, the kill animations were fantastic and how the weapons changed looked very nice. Overall though I thought Fable 2 was better then 3 and was glad I only paid €35 for it. A very bitter taste as I was really looking forward to Fable 3

Totally agree with all you said.I really missed the Expression wheel.Dancing & then kissing a man as a King was ridiculous. The worst part was the RB button isn't used at all unless i'm mistaken.Still can't get over the final third.I think this game was rushed for release in 2010 I reckon.Like a lot of games this year in particular sequels it needed more polish & ran out of ideas coming up to its conclusion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

RB is used to give money to beggers.
    I'm over 6 hours in and only just finished the Swift Brigade quest, loving it so far, well worth the cash and I've the Collectors Edition.

Advertisement