Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fable III/3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,324 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Think I'll wait for the eventual Game of the Year or complete edition with all the patches and DLC.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

This becomes an absolute grind after you become king. Having to earn 8mil+ to save it as a good guy is stupid.

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭clicli

Did anyone order online with play.com for the extra downloadable content with Fable 3? The code they emailed doesn't have enough digits and the phone number on the site is disconnected!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

tbh the content isn worth it. Just changes dog breed and a sword.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

I admit I actually like the hard copy extras. The deck of cards are well made and the sigil coin is actually really cool. Not to mention the box is actually pretty nifty itself.

• Advertisement

Yeah coin is cool and so are the cards but is it really worth the extra 10e?

The dlc they go on about is crap.

between a fancy box, deck of cards, fancy coin...I'd say are worth around £5 if I was a fan and saw them for sale on their own. The extra content in the game, i'm more meh about that, the new house is ok I guess though it sucks I cant rent it out with the rest and I'm not too fussed about dressing up as a highlander.

But I dont feel ripped off.

I've paid for collector editions before and felt seriously ripped off, but I dont feel so with fable 3, now I felt ripped off with the AVP collectors edition...but that was the game itself not the extra content (which is awesome btw with its weyland yutani patch and facehugger) and I'm happy that the *special box* is not another god awful tin version of the same box ala almost every other collectors edition and while the ingame content isnt anything major at least its coupled with the real world items as incentive and has a quest with it at least so it adds a few more minutes of game time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

I'm selling my Limited Collectors Edition on Adverts.ie if anyone is interested.

i'm only really onto the king part of the king now as real life got in the way for a few days.

Some of the choices are pissing me off though. I had choices to
    rebuild old bowerstone or leave it empty and yet it was considered that rebuilding old bowerstone would only cost me. Ignoring the taxes the re-established territory would bring in. Equally so when Aurora was discussed. When my king said they would be equal citizens I had to jibe in personally *INCLUDING PAYING TAXES!* Its been such a childish black and white affair so far that it really irritates me and I want to shoot that toad of a clerk that follows me around going on about gold all the time. I think though I'll be ok cause before the rebellion I bought all the shops in albion (avoided the houses mostly) so I have a nestegg from my time in aurora that I am pouring into the tresuary as needed.

if you want to make the final bit easier for money, the days only advance if you complete the day to day list and return to that annoying treasurer gimp

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

I've got to the beginning of the
    king part, am 200,000 in the red and really can't be arsed getting all the way up to 6.5 mil. Even the meaty side quests seem to have disappeared, unless some of those ones for 5 xp levels start new chains...
    Seriously though, on what fucjking planet are taxes a one off payment! Surely that should have still given you a steady income!?
    For the past few days I resorted to loading the game in the morning while I got ready for work in order to get a bit of cash together, but I can't even be bothered doing that now... Might end up sending this back without even completing it! (rental)

So is this game worth the purchase?

tman wrote: »
    I've got to the beginning of the
    king part, am 200,000 in the red and really can't be arsed getting all the way up to 6.5 mil. Even the meaty side quests seem to have disappeared, unless some of those ones for 5 xp levels start new chains...
    Seriously though, on what fucjking planet are taxes a one off payment! Surely that should have still given you a steady income!?
    For the past few days I resorted to loading the game in the morning while I got ready for work in order to get a bit of cash together, but I can't even be bothered doing that now... Might end up sending this back without even completing it! (rental)

on the 5xp levels:
    some do seem to start chains. I've ended up creating a whole new area by doing the bridge one, and a deliver letter one in the dweller's camp set off a short series of quests in one of the dungeons.

ok the lats king descision i just did was just stupid:
    legalize alcohol costs me 10,000 gold while outright banning it makes me 10 grand...uhmm no. TAX THE BEER! stupid motherf*ckers, i dont care if someone is bribing me 10 grand to ban it, I'll make triple that putting a 5% vat on every bottle that goes through a tavern.

no issue with money now that I own pretty much every building in the game. pulling in around 2 million an hour making for a comfortable buffer when I go off exploring.

Is it just me or is the only way to win as a goody is to be an outright communist...all property belongs to the king! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Pretty much! I have about 7 million in gold before I became King, having owned EVERYTHING in Albion. I didn't sweat too much over the decisions, though since I was being 'good', I hated disagreeing with Stephen Fry.

speaking of reaver
    I went back to his mansion which you can enter without any issues, quite a few deligthful treats to steal, including if you find the secret sex room a silver key and a load of condoms. Though I have yet to work out if I can do his challanges again or what is behind the room with a ? over the doorway

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭VALIS

I got this on Tuesday, finished it on Friday. I found it rather good, nothing revolutionary and a pretty simple game by design. It is immensely fun sometimes though; such a pity there isn't more longevity. I suppose I'll spoiler tag the rest just to be on the safe side.
    The King section is a little sparse and considering all the effort put into promoting it based on this it could have been more meaty and complex, as it was I made 'bad' decisions just to add a bit of spice to the playthrough even though I was generally a 'good' character--and making some decisions generally saved me the bother of waiting around for my personal finances to increase.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I was bitterly disappointed by this game.

To have finished it in a lot less time than I spend playing Fable 2 (and didn't even finish 2 because I got too angry with the appallingly poor multi-player implementation) and to have had such an, in my opinion, anti-climactic ending I've felt robbed.
    I let 4.5 million people die and yet I'm still a hero and the people love me. Not giving any indication as to how long that "year" takes to earn the 6.5m gold is total nonsense, I'd have just idled in between days earning the money (and I was well on my way to that as I owned pretty much everything) had I been given any indication. Or ideally, it would've calculated the correct amount to give me based on the number of days that passed in the game world.

My advice to anyone thinking about buying it is stick with Fable 2 but don't try to play it in co-op.

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭HATCHET IRL

Im lookin 4 someone to get the coop chevos wit and the legendary weapons. If ur interested send me a fr on xbox live. my gt is HATCHET IRL

The one thing that pissed me off over anything else was one of the first decisions
    you made as a leader - should you raise or lower the taxes.... Fair enough you take an initial hit, but where the **** is my regular income from taxes after that point????!?!??!? I didn't abolish taxation, just lowered it!
    The final part of the game really felt like a slog, so much so that I couldn't be bothered with any of the new quests that appeared after the end credits.

Hell, even the very first moral choice pissed me off come to think of it!
    I didn't create a female character in order to be forced unwillingly into a straight relationship!!! Good riddance to him!:p

Overall it was enjoyable enough until the last part, but that soured the experience far too much...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Was thinking of getting this,Is it worth getting?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

I think so. I have put 24 hours into it over the last week.

Worth it for the first part of the game, but it really does take a nose dive in quality...
    I'd say rent if possible, I'd certainly feel short changed if I paid full price for it!

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭VALIS

I'd say wait for a price drop myself. 30-35 euro I feel is about the mark it warrants. Or if you haven't played Fable II (I haven't actually--must get it), that can be bought for around 20-25 euro brand new these days.

It depends really on your taste and willingness to spend money which can be used to buy other games.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I'm having a great time with this. Playing the whole game local Co-Op with the missus.

I did notice a 'grinding' over the audio track, but I soon realised it was herself's teeth. Everytime we're running a straight line, I swing the camera to look around and she goes face first I to a wall. That must be so annoying. I'm becoming a better camera man as a result.

I wish it was harder to make money. It seems a bit easy so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

A New download pack should be available by the end of the month:
    LONDON - 15 November 2010 – On the heels of the triumphant 29th October launch of “Fable III,” fans who crave even more action and adventure will revel in the all new “Fable III” Understone Quest Pack. Available on 23rd November on Xbox LIVE Marketplace for 400 Microsoft Points, the new Game Add-on introduces three unique quests to continue expanding the world of Albion.

In celebration of the global launch of “Fable III,” Lionhead Studios also released the latest gameplay trailer, which captures the magic of revolution as you decide whether it’ll be happily ever after (or not) in the world of “Fable III.” Hailed as “a must-play for fans of adventure” and an “enormously rich experience,” “Fable III” is a must-have game this holiday season. View the trailer at xbox.com/fable3.

With the “Fable III” Understone Quest Pack, your hero will discover a mysterious town built beneath the streets of Bowerstone, crafted by eccentric inventor Montague Hummes. This full scale town is bustling with new houses and stalls to own, novel creatures to battle and a major mystery to solve. As added bonuses, you’re invited to explore the Mercenary Shooting Range and the Wheel of Misfortune, for chances to win in-game prizes. The “Fable III” Understone Quest Pack comes filled to the brim with the following:

“The Voice”: In the main quest, explore the mysterious underground land built by Montague Hummes in fear of the Spire in “Fable II” -

Discover the origin of the voice that controls the people of Understone
    Features a moral decision that will lead to two drastically different outcomes in Understone

“Shooting Range”: After defeating Saker during your quest to become King, the remaining Mercenaries have turned their camp into a tourist attraction. The main attraction being the replayable shooting range mode -

Beat the high scores to win three prizes that can be used while playing the mini-game: the Marksman 500 (gifted to players for downloading the pack), Money Shot (prize) and Black Dragon (prize)

“The Wheel of Misfortune”: After Reaver vacated his home, he set up a venture for budding heroes to replay the thrilling arena-based challenges within his new dwellings -

Beat the high scores to win three new weapons that can be used while playing in the mini-game: The Full Monty (gifted to player upon downloading pack), Dirty Harriet (prize) and Dead Ned’s Revolver (prize)

Also available for purchase on 23rd November are the Exclusive Hair Pack (160 Microsoft Points) with corn rows, afro and asymmetrical bob styles and the 5 Star Dog Potion (80 Microsoft Points) that gives your canine companion the full 5-star ability for digging, diving and tracking down hidden chests right from the start.

Fans in search of more creative and immediate ways to customise their heroes are in luck! Available exclusively on Xbox LIVE Marketplace, you’ll be able to tailor your righteous or wicked ruler with the Reaver Industries Hero Outfit (160 Microsoft Points) and a colorful Dye Pack (80 Microsoft Points) that includes black, cream, hot pink and turquoise that will make your hero the talk of Albion.

It's only 400 points, but I still can't see myself forking out for one quest and a two mini-games.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Was thinking of getting this,Is it worth getting?

Its definitely a rent at best.

I bought it, and quickly realised I should have just rented it.

Its such a bore of a game, its offers nothing new really compared to previous Fable games, and just when you think it can't get any more boring it does when you reach the final 3rd of the game.

Its taken me nearly 2 weeks to complete, playing a bit here and there, as its such a snorefest, normally I'd finish a game in no time, but this game really is a trial to play.

You probably guessed, but I wouldn't recommend this game.

I can't even be bothered to get the achievements outta it before trading it in.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,324 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Managed to pick it up yesterday in GAME for €28 pre-owned. Looked like it was a pricing error, but they still sold it to me at that price plus the bonus items code included hadn't been used which is always nice. Still actually playing through Fable II at the moment and really enjoying it, so it may be a couple of weeks still before I get stuck into III.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

I got this just before Christmas and was really looking forward to playing it, but I'm close to packing it in now and trading it. Very disappointing. I loved the second one, but everything about this seems like a step backward.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Does any one have all the weapons for "We Need Guns, Lots Of Guns" achievement and willing to lend them to me ? Surely we should have a complete set between a few of us ?

Nightmares of "doll catcher" from fable 2 come flooding back thinking of this one :(

Advertisement