Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wimax airside retail park 2010

Options
  • 12-10-2010 2:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭

wimax (imagine) mast is supposed to go live at the tulip inn/premier inn Airside Retail Park Swords end of october
    imagine say the contention will be 4.1
    has anybody got some more info on this,
    i've signed up but am worried cause of all the scare stories with distance.
    i live about 1 and a half miles "line of site" from that location, they said they will install an outside aerial on the house.
    anybody got experience in the distance from masts and service provided
    please no rants on bad service, just solid info on distance and technology
    the product ive gone for is 7mb
    thanks guys for any info

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Rennboy88

I have wimax and distance is not the problem congestion is it works well for a couple of weeks in a new area and then they just pile everyone on and I'm left with dial-up speeds I'd be careful about moving!!

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭dvdman1

Rennboy88 wrote: »
    I have wimax and distance is not the problem congestion is it works well for a couple of weeks in a new area and then they just pile everyone on and I'm left with dial-up speeds I'd be careful about moving!!

Rennboy88 do u have the outside antenna?

Hi
    I have internal box my mate 2 roads over external antenna, we signed up togther (for the €25 bonus) we both have terrible speed. The signal strength in both comes up as excellent thats not the problem I test it nearly every day on imagine's site and I never get over 512 MBPS when its supposed to be 3meg. My mate is a web designer and knows more than I do and he says its down to congestion it gets worse every week!! You have been warned my Friend.

As a aside I am now waiting for them to return me to the old land line system!!

i signed up on sat, gave details etc,
    u think i can cancel before these cowboys come out here and put up that junk?

of course theres the cooling off period when its installed but id rather not bother now
    plus if they install i dont think the installation fee is refundable hahahaha
    best to cancel now if i can, what u think mate?

Your choice I suppose I'm in Dublin 8 perhaps it's different on DNS but I think it's all about how many people are using each mast/booster station. But I can assure you mine is unusable good luck what ever you choose!

• Advertisement

Cancelled the order today not worth the risk
    why get that when I've a stable mostly DSL connection

Its NOT fixed wimax, its junk in a box...dont bother people
    even if it gets high download if ur lucky thats not everything ping is a big issue

Advertisement