Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork Golden Pages now €60

Options
  • 12-10-2010 2:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭

I've a self employed status *technically* but I had started a business years ago and had an ad in the Golden Pages, which I withdrew because some other got free ads and more importantly they reversed my name and as both my names could be a Christian or Sir-name, anyone who called always asked for the wrong name.

As an aside only people selling more adverts and website called anyway.

So they are on to me and ask if I'd like to take a small box @50% which turns out to be nearly €400 plus VAT.

Today I decline the offer, "are you alright with the single line on the page so then?" Erm, OK says I "That's be €60 so then" Oh no it won't says I, take me out "We are cleaning up the Golden Pages because so many business have gone out of business ... we are not doing the FREE ads anymore"

I'm glad I refused now, it was all a ploy to get me to pay for the free insertion.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭LeNNoX

You did the right thing.
    €800 to €400 and then a desperate punt for €60, they're obviously down in numbers.

I don't even take the plastic off the book anymore when it comes to the door - waste of paper.
    Its the last place i'd look to find someone /something I was looking for. Does anybody here use it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

Op Golden pages is a waste of time. I have my own business too. Set up a simple website and maybe have a link to that on your sig. There is way more cheaper and effective ways to advertise.

Advertisement