Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

problem with ivy

Options
  • 12-10-2010 2:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭

At the bottom of my garden I have loads of ivy growing and hanging into my garden,it grows between my back wall and the shed which backs on to my property.
    problem is the gap is too small to get down and cut it.
    Is there any kind of weed killer which works on this ivy???
    thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,437 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Strictly speaking it isn't your's to kill, really all you are entitled to do is cut it back where it hangs into your property.

However if you had some ivy that you were entitled to kill you would use a systemic weedkiller (such as Roundup). Water it on and forget it. You would probably need to do it again in the spring when growth starts as it is a bit late really this year. The poison goes back into the roots and kills the entire plant rather than just the top, so you do not cut the plant back until it has worked. Ivy might need a couple of goes to get rid of it.

Advertisement