Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GH&RB Meet Up!

Options
  • 12-10-2010 2:49pm
    Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭

Hey guys! So I've been involved in this forum for over a year and there's never been a chance or a suggestion for a meet-up. But now we have a chance! A slightly expensive one, but an opportunity none the less.

Eirtakon, one of Ireland's biggest Anime Conventions is going down this weekend in the Helix at DCU. On top of the anime side (which is why Hotaru and conorstuff will be attending) there's also some gamings to be had.

I'll be there for the Street Fighter tournament anyway, and it turns out there's going to be a Rock Band set up too. No competitive play, but still a chance for some of us to finally meet-up and Rock out!

Now, it is €18 for a day ticket, but there's a helluvalot more to do than just that. I'm going to be there all weekend, so I'd be up for having this on either the Saturday or the Sunday. I understand it's short notice and a bit on the expensive side, but I said I'd throw it out there anyway. :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

RB will be set up all weekend for play and on Sunday at 4.30pm it'll be moved to a larger room for more of a "concert" set up. So it'll be much busier on the Sunday evening but a better set-up... just something to consider :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

Won't be heading up, but would it be an idea to wait until RB3 comes out for the meet up... more players at once, etc.

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Suppose, but there'll be 3 regulars at this already, so I just said I'd throw it out there :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Twilightning

Dare I? :P

Do EEET!

Also, for the first time in the history of this forum, Calex has not replied to a thread. Is this the coming of the end? :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

I foolishly agreed to doing some painting over the weekend at my folks place so won't be around :mad:

Worse luck is Miss Calex is a big anime lover and is going, so I'll not only be missing out on Rockband but the cosplay as well :o

Painting can wait man! IT CAN WAIT!

I'll probably end up at this today or tomorrow so. Buy a weekend ticket for the lulz.

Edit: Yeah, I'm gonna buy a weekend pass. Look out for the guy with the long hair and wolf shirt! Just approach and ask if it's me. I'll probably be on the drums anyway :P Actually, just look at my sig and you get a good idea of what I look like, I'll be wearing the same shirt today XD

Hey man! I assume you got to see how awful the set up there is. I looked really bad beause of it >_< If you want to meet up at "the space" at 4 O'Clock, I'll be there for a bit :)

Seriously though. Woeful set-up. Very disappointing.

I didn't even make it to it, Rock Band and Anime notwithstanding. :/ Really had to get home this weekend, although if I'd seen this thread sooner I might have arranged to hang around.

• Advertisement

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    Hey man! I assume you got to see how awful the set up there is. I looked really bad beause of it >_< If you want to meet up at "the space" at 4 O'Clock, I'll be there for a bit :)

Seriously though. Woeful set-up. Very disappointing.

They didn't sync the instruments ? This is always my fear of playing in public, **** even if i go on my housemates xbox to play with them the same thing happens. If i was there i'd have x'd out of the song and went and done the job of syncing with no shame or embarrassment what so ever. Hell I'll tell miss calex to do the job in the morning when she's there save yee doing it :D Careful though, she bites :eek:

Edit: I'm being told now by herself she had a great day out there and watched the epic lag on RB for herself and left the Q in disgust lmao

Edit Edit: She wants to know did one of yee have on a red Tshirt because who ever was playing at the time had "I'm super pissed at this set up written all over their face" :D

The setup was fairly gick alright. When I finally got on the drums (RB1 drums with a broken bass pedal and flimsy plastic sticks) it was just awful. Half the hits weren't registering and whoever was the singer made a setlist of 6 ****e songs for us to play. Got off after that and sat there watching people attempting to play badly and a staff member playing Panic Attack on expert for drums just walloping the kit out of it, not even hitting half the notes, and it was giving me a bloody headache so I just had enough.

I wasn't the guy in the red shirt but I had that look on my face the entire time. It was bloody woeful alright! I played fairly late (Dunno what time it was but it was dark outside when I did) as I was in the games room playing Halo: Reach all afternoon, which was good craic. Wish I could have said the same for RB. :(

Will the setup be any different tomorrow? Instrument-wise.

No fail had to have been on so

calex71 wrote: »
    No fail had to have been on so

Yeah it was on, and it was needed since not one person who was there could play properly on their selected difficulty. Whoever got on the mic (2 or 3 people alternated) didn't even sing, they just hummed lowly into the microphone on easy until the arrow got to the right pitch. It was pretty painful to play.

The setup was fairly gick alright. When I finally got on the drums (RB1 drums with a broken bass pedal and flimsy plastic sticks) it was just awful. Half the hits weren't registering and whoever was the singer made a setlist of 6 ****e songs for us to play. Got off after that and sat there watching people attempting to play badly and a staff member playing Panic Attack on expert for drums just walloping the kit out of it, not even hitting half the notes, and it was giving me a bloody headache so I just had enough.

I wasn't the guy in the red shirt but I had that look on my face the entire time. It was bloody woeful alright! I played fairly late (Dunno what time it was but it was dark outside when I did) as I was in the games room playing Halo: Reach all afternoon, which was good craic. Wish I could have said the same for RB. :(

Will the setup be any different tomorrow? Instrument-wise.

Hey, I got one go on the drums too, and the utter DICKHEAD wouldn't let me pick a song and put under the bridge on. I was so pissed off I just left afterwards. they were an awful awful set. The instruments are prolly going to be the same tomorrow.

Twinlightning: I was in the Games Room Pretty much all day, I was helping running the SF Tourney with another guy. I was the guy in the AC/DC tourney running around screaming names while trying to find people, I came second. PM me and I'll give you my number, we can meet-up tomorrow and attempt RB together :)

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    Hey, I got one go on the drums too, and the utter DICKHEAD wouldn't let me pick a song and put under the bridge on. I was so pissed off I just left afterwards. they were an awful awful set. The instruments are prolly going to be the same tomorrow.

Twinlightning: I was in the Games Room Pretty much all day, I was helping running the SF Tourney with another guy. I was the guy in the AC/DC tourney running around screaming names while trying to find people, I came second. PM me and I'll give you my number, we can meet-up tomorrow and attempt RB together :)

I heard you shouting alright! And I saw the AC/DC shirt a few times so I'm pretty sure I saw you. I was always a Tekken fan unfortunately :P

Shoot me off a PM with your number and I'll give you a text when I get in. I'm gonna be heading in early since the place is closing up earlier tomorrow.

I'll be heading off to Eirtakon again once more in about half an hour but I think we should use this thread to organize a proper meetup with everybody in Dublin, say when RB3 is released? Everyone should come along (Maybe the Xbox gaming place on Liffey Street?), bring their plastic instruments and just rock out with everyone on the newly released game!

Yeah, the XGC on Liffey Street would let us bring in our own stuff I reckon. Cheap too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭cedomination

Do any of you actually go to DCU? I couldn't be arsed paying in to the convention just for rock band.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

Didn't matter if you went to DCU or not - you still had to pay in :p

I was there for the anime mostly but got a few gos on Rock Band today. The set up was better than yesterday - lag was minimal. Instruments were still utter shíte though >_<

Anyway, we've great ideas for a proper RB3 meet-up with our own instruments so that'll be much better :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Nockz

That bass pedal.... The ****? :p Completely killed any enjoyment I had on drums. I was there on both days. Me being the dude in the Testament shirt on Sunday (or a shirt that read "Rock is dead... and paper killed it" on the Saturday).

Came 2nd in the Halo: Reach tournament though :p but I was playing atrociously and my bro carried me the whole way haha.

Next time I have to bring up my hard drive or something. It's mostly metal DLC but at least it doesn't break the game :p

Nockz wrote: »
    That bass pedal.... The ****? :p Completely killed any enjoyment I had on drums. I was there on both days. Me being the dude in the Testament shirt on Sunday (or a shirt that read "Rock is dead... and paper killed it" on the Saturday).

Came 2nd in the Halo: Reach tournament though :p but I was playing atrociously and my bro carried me the whole way haha.

Next time I have to bring up my hard drive or something. It's mostly metal DLC but at least it doesn't break the game :p

I was the guy in the Iron Maiden shirt/long hair (you can actually see what I look like from my sig) who wouldn't get off the drums on expert. :D It was good to see you there man, most of the people that turned up to play RB had bloody horrible taste in music, especially that twat in the Slipknot gear would wouldn't stop picking Syndrome of a Down or the one with the stupid fringe who loved gick like Beck or Fallout Boy. *shudder*

Lots of metal DLC on my Xbox! I was hoping there'd be the Iron Maiden DLC on the PS3 there, wanted to play some Powerslave, but alas, it wasn't there. :(

Apparently there's gonna be a Rock Band event at ArcadeCon this year, anyone up for it? ;D

Where's that on ?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056280514

There's some info on it in Fighting Games. No idea about RB though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭cedomination

Anyone here going to q-con?

It's under the music section, it mentions Rock Band

http://the-arcade.ie/convention/music.html

I'll probably going for Fighting Games and Anime, I'd be happy to include RB in that list!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

might head along to arcade con for the battle royal and rock band thing,

Boards band anyone?, i can sing on expert now :P just get a few beers in me and im sorted :D

• Advertisement

allanb49 wrote: »
    might head along to arcade con for the battle royal and rock band thing,

Boards band anyone?, i can sing on expert now :P just get a few beers in me and im sorted :D

I'd be up for it! I can do all the RB2 instruments on Expert, but I'm fair rusty atm!

Advertisement