Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GH&RB Meet Up!

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    I'd be up for it! I can do all the RB2 instruments on Expert, but I'm fair rusty atm!

What we need is a montage!

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

*prepares to run up and down stairs*

So we on for doing this con thing?

As for Rock Band, rules are as follows – minimum two players per band. You’re allowed pick any song and will get points based on the overall percent of notes hit, what difficulty the song was and what difficulty you played it on. There will also be bonus points for showmanship and the like!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Twilightning

allanb49 wrote: »
    As for Rock Band, rules are as follows – minimum two players per band. You’re allowed pick any song and will get points based on the overall percent of notes hit, what difficulty the song was and what difficulty you played it on. There will also be bonus points for showmanship and the like!

Where did you read that? I'm well up for it! Dibs on the drums!

Sent an email and got the info :P

Vox - Triseke
    Drums - Twilightning
    Bass - ???
    Guitar - ???
    Keys - ???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

I'm a maybe at this point, not sure if I'm around that weekend yet.

If they have extra points for showmanship I think I'll have to show up in a gorilla costume.

Aw man, I wanted drums :/

Well I'll play Guitar I suppose, but man I'm so crap these days. We need Banjo for Pro Keys. :D

• Advertisement

Worth every penny :D

Alright so if we were to do this and we're only allowed pick one song, what would it be? Would it have to have keys support? I love these songs on all instruments.

(Drum solo too)

I can safely do plush,

Rush, Police, big no.

Def Lep i can do but fffoolin is too hard (damn you joe elliot)

Foo's Queen, Green Day

I can do all songs on all RB2 era instruments on expert (virtually), so I'm easy either way.

Anyone actually showing up at this today!?

I was there! Decent set up except for they only had RB1 there. So I played that for a bit. Bringing 3 tomorrow, so feel free to drop in guys!

Totally forgot this was on this weekend, I'm away anyway :(

Original Xbox? I could bring my hard drive with all the hacked Beatles stuff and tonnes of other songs to all play on RB3

• Advertisement

im broke and ghungover, how was the whole setup overall

allanb49 wrote: »
    im broke and ghungover, how was the whole setup overall

The setup was grand. Even though they only had original RB1 drums they weren't bad at all, except for the obligatory less responsive red pad, but we weren't playing for scores. I didn't go on friday but on saturday we managed to move all the stuff over to the huge 50" TV and great speakers and had a blast. I brought in my hard drive with a load of songs but a lot of them wouldn't work because we didn't have access to Xbox Live. Stupid verification! Sunday wasn't as good since we didn't have RB3 so we were stuck with RB1 and the default songs, and it ended at 5pm instead of the usual time of 8.

Overall I had a blast, I wish I went on friday though! They said there wasn't enough interest generated in RB to hold the contest they advertised but we had a lot of people play with us and a fair amount of regulars who stuck around and played for most of the weekend. It sucks that because the con is over that all the RB fun had to end too! I'd be more than happy to make it a regular thing if enough people in Dublin were interested. It's fun playing online but nothing beats having everyone there having fun at once! Unfortunately my friends don't really give a **** about rhythm games anymore. :(

Advertisement