Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin bus from Patrick street Cathedral to UCD (77x?)

Options
  • 12-10-2010 2:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭

Hey all , I recently moved to Dublin and am living on Patrick street, I normall walk to St Stephens green where I have my pick of the litter of buses in the morning but I recently came into the knowledge that the 77x from Tallaght to UCD, runs every weekday morning at like 7:30.

Is this true ? is it reliable ?
    Does anyone know around what time in "reality" it would reach Patrick street?

Any advice welcome :) however if someone here uses the bus I would love to hear from you

Thats if it exists xD I think my laziness is getting the better of me!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Tallaght to Patrick St would take around 30 mins or so, depends if it goes on the 77a or 77 route through Tallaght.

Can't say I've ever heard of the bus number.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭latenia

I think you're better off using your current method or else taking your pick from the buses that stop opposite St. Patrick's as far as College Green then linking up with the main UCD buses there. The journey time of those X buses are difficult to judge and they can be unreliable.

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭GO_Bear

latenia wrote: »
    I think you're better off using your current method or else taking your pick from the buses that stop opposite St. Patrick's as far as College Green then linking up with the main UCD buses there. The journey time of those X buses are difficult to judge and they can be unreliable.

Oki cheers mate , I might chance standing at the bus stop tomorrow morning at like 8 for a wee bit just to test the water , tho !

• Registered Users Posts: 78,423 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Get any bus into town, get any bus to UCD.

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭GO_Bear

Would I have to pay two Fares then ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78,423 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Get a weekly / monthly / annual ticket or some Travel 90 tickets (any number of buses, one the last bus you get on is within 90 minutes of the first one). Each ticket is something like €1.80, but you have to buy 10(?) at a time.

Advertisement