Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gibson Melody Maker

• 12-10-2010 3:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37

Hey,

I've a 2 pup melody make and i was wondering if it is possible to get a single coil p90 and stick it into the melody maker or are is there only the soap bar version?

Cheers,

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭damonjewel

Hi Mark, Check out vintagevibeguitars.com Contact Pete he's a real nice guy and he has all sorts of pickups including P90's in strat single coil size. He ships his pickups with 2 sets of magnets so you can change out the magnet if you want to change the tone. I think he is very cheap too considering what you get, I bought a Charle christian blade pickup from him in humbucker size. I think with shipping it was 110 US$, cheers Damo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭damonjewel

Also mention to him that its a middle pickup so that its reverse polarity reverse wound!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

MarkDPC wrote: »
    Hey,

I've a 2 pup melody make and i was wondering if it is possible to get a single coil p90 and stick it into the melody maker or are is there only the soap bar version?

Cheers,

The P90 is a single coil pickup. It's a wide flat single coil and is available in "dog-ear" and soapbar types. Both are similar in size, the main difference is in mounting.

I've seen a few Melody Makers that have been modified with P90's. It shouldn't be too hard to do it, but it certainly won't be a direct drop-in.

Strat size P90's are a cop-out! They won't match a real P90.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 625 ✭✭✭wild turkey

What about something like a seymour duncan quarter pounder or even a little 59 strat humbucker you could coil tap

• Registered Users Posts: 37 MarkDPC

To be honest, i dont really have much experience in the pick fireld so i have no idea what would sound best for my style of music. We play a heavy pop punk with fast ska.

Thanks Mark.

• Advertisement
Advertisement