Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rush Tidy Towns

Options
  • 12-10-2010 3:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 34

The Rush Tidy Towns Committee has been revived and are holding a Clean-Up Day this Saturday (the 16th) at 9am, meeting at Martin's shop.

I appreciate not everyone can commit to getting involved full-time but maybe come out once every so often....it would make all the difference!

Notifying people re: events can often be a problem so if you're interested you can pm me or leave your number with the Manager at Rush Community Centre on 01-8439349 or email manager@rushcoco.ie. We will endeavour to notify you via text/email of events over the next few months.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Stickied for a week to highlight the thread.

HB

• Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭LeoB

I will put up a poster in G.A.A club tomorrow.

This is great news and I wish you the very best of luck. I think there will be plenty of support. Have mentioned it in club and I think a few people will get involved with 1 or 2 proposed iniatives.

I will send out a few emails also.

Oh and btw, I am working this Saturday but will make a future event.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Kickstart

Hi Leo

Thanks for the good wishes. We're only doing the odd Saturday at the moment as the evenings are dark and not much can be done in winter but that will change in the new year when we will be upping a gear.

Thanks for putting up notice in the GAA complex...any publicity is good. Hopefully the majority of people in the town will know of our existence come Spring time when we will need all the help we can get. Fingers crossed a few changes for the better will encourage others to come on board if even only occasionally. As I said we appreciate people have busy lives what with work, children etc but if everyone came out even just once what a difference we could make to Rush! Thanks again & we'll get you out some evening next year :D.

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭meolwan

Well done to everyone who were working hard last saturday. I saw you all out as I was on the way to work just a pity you are only doing your great work on saturdays at the moment. When I do get a saturday off I will be out to lend a hand.

Keep up the great work again lets make Rush an even better place to live..

Great work being done. Please post up here when you are out again. I work 2 out of 3 Saturdays but great reports around the town on Sunday and today about the work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34 Kickstart

Thanks Meolwan & LeoB...good to see people are noticing some difference! A few lads also repaired and repainted the wall on the junction of Sandy Rd and the Main St too. A bit more repainting on a few more buildings around town would really help too.

We're hoping to be out again in the next week or two to plant 1,500 bulbs in various locations so I'll post it here as soon as we receive them. Fingers crossed you'll be off then LeoB:).

No problem D.

Will you P.M me before you have your next work day and I will put up another poster in club and maybe get a few photos. Hopefully I will get to at least 1 of your days.

Advertisement