Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tattoo's

Options
  • 12-10-2010 3:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks

Any recommended place to get a tattoo in Kilkenny.

If not Kilkenny, anywhere else people would recommend in the south east.

Rgds

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭SweetEmpathy

Dark Raptor in John Street, Robert is an amazing artist.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

Yup Robert is the only lad worth looking at in carlow/kilkenny/laois area tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 675 ✭✭✭Dr.Sanchez

JMD's waterford... Possibly one of the best in Ireland!..?

00Blaine00 wrote: »
    JMD's waterford... Possibly one of the best in Ireland!..?
    For hap work I would agree.

For darker themed/bnw/freehand I'd take Robert.

Plus I think Joe's taking the piss a bit with his pricing

• Registered Users Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭PDCAT

Thanks Folk. Think i'll take a look at Dark Raptor in John Street.

Rgds

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭kkmick

I was wondering about dark raptor myself, glad to hear he's good! I had two done in celtic tatoo in carlow about two years ago which im very happy with but they seem to always have different artists there so you never know.
    I think jmd are the least helpful people to deal with, I had an appointment there but had to change it because i was sick and they still kept my deposit even tho i gave them plenty of notice, never going near them again!!
    What is Luca in newpark shopping centre like??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Thief

Yup Robert is the only lad worth looking at in carlow/kilkenny/laois area tbh

What does he charge per hour? Looking at getting a piece done myself?

Wouldn't touch lucas personally.

Ask up front how much the piece will cost and pay it off.

I was there for 3 hours or so with my knee piece(freehand) and was only 150e!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Went into Dark Raptor today to cancel an appointment that I had for in 3 weeks and was basically treated like dirt. I was told when i booked the appointment to give them at least a weeks notice to cancel. I asked for my deposit back and was greeted with a look of disgust. One of the worst customer services i have ever encountered.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭S28382

Wooooo Zombie thread....prepare to be locked. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭Rantan

I got my one and only tattoo from Robert a couple of years ago....was really impressed with him...great artwork and he gave me some great advice and worked hard to make sure I was happy with what he did, really chilled out guy....now....on the other hand...I had similar issues with "you know who" when I had to change an appointment at the last minute.....not at all a positive experience there..but if you can get over that obstacle its worth the trouble...I love my tattoo and think the minor issue with bad customer service was worth it in the end...almost felt like I'd earned it by that stage

Advertisement