If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice on Onkyo HTS3305 Black 5.1 Package

Options
  • 12-10-2010 3:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,180 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I'm about to push the button on buying this and need some advise as I'm a complete noob.

http://richersounds.ie/asp/product.asp?ObjectID=938&Mode=0&CategoryID=3&sub=26&productid=1035

Does the package come with cabling for the speakers? If so, how long are they, my room is roughly 4x5m.

I'm will have a 40" Samsung, PS3 and UPC digital box going into it. What extra cabling will I need for these?

Also, if I buy on line do I have to pick it up at the Philips store or is it shipped to my address. Sorry about the confusion.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭milltown

Hiya,
    I bought one of these a few months back, great starter system!
    Speaker cable is included. If memory serves there's 5m for each of the fronts and subwoofer and 15/18m for each of the rears. Sounds like a lot but have a look at how they will need to be routed, i.e. around door frames, windows, up walls, down walls etc. My room is small enough and I was a bit tight for length on the rear speakers.
    You'll need two HDMI cables, one from the PS3 to the receiver and one from the receiver to the TV. There may be a couple more options on the UPC side for you but my digibox is on another room so I've just got the coax cable from the wall to the TV and an optical cable from the TV to the receiver, so the TV channel sound comes through the home cinema speakers.
    Hope this helps!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,180 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

Thanks a mil for that. I've placed my order. 15m for the rears is perfect. Just need another HDMI and maybe two rear stands. Any ideas on stands?

<Snip>

• Registered Users Posts: 6,180 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

You da man!!!!:D

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, RicherSounds.ie Moderator Posts: 2,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Ritz

Mod Comment:

@Milltown,

Please see the Charter, particularly the parts about not mentioning other retailers and the part about leaving it to Richersounds to answer queries in this forum. This is primarily a commercial forum, not a dscussion forum in the usual sense of the word.The inclination to be helpful is understandable on one level, but the Home Entertainment Forums is the place to do it, not here.

Ritz.

• Advertisement

Fair enough. Point taken about the link but the guy hadn't had a response a day after posting.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, RicherSounds.ie Moderator Posts: 2,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Ritz

@milltown,

I thought your initial response was a helpful contribution (ie informative from your own experience, didn't contravene the rules re offering advice on what to buy or where to buy it), that's why it hasn't been snipped. The issue of how long it takes RS to answer a query here doesn't change the rules set out in the Charter. You can take it that all queries are aimed at Richersounds, it's their forum and it's up to them to answer the queries.

I appreciate the inclination to be helpful, but the Home Entertainment foums is the place to make those contributions.

Thanks,

Ritz.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hi Mike.

Apologies for the delay.

I have been running a little behind recently and have been working through enquiries as quickly as I can, in the order I'm getting them.

The package comes with speaker cable but as yet, Onkyo have been unable to tell me what cable comes in the package. I believe it is 40m but if you let me know how much cable you need, I will throw you in a better cable than the one in the box as a gesture for the delay in replying.

That way, you can be sure you will have enough and you'll get a better sound.

You will need an HDMI from the PS3 and depending on the UPC connections, you will need another cable. If you can let me know what the connections are, I can certainly supply the right cable for you.

We can ship the unit directly to you or it can be collected from the Philips Store.

Presently, we are out of stock of this unit but we will have stock coming back in again next Friday.

I hope this helps but if you need anything else, please let me know.

Cheers

Dave

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.