Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dj Soc

Options
  • 12-10-2010 3:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

Anybody whose a member of it know whats going on? Me
    and a few lads joined during freshers week and we havent gotten one email telling us where we go to meet up. All i know is that its on wed,thur and fridays

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭munchie14

em i joined aswel but think i gave my wrong email address.
    can someone pm me when theres something on

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭jfrmbray

Same actually, it's the one soc that I want to get involved in too

• Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

a quick google shows that their email address is on a bebo page. send them an email :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭Four-Percent

I joined too, haven't heard anything from them either.

Who the **** is going to check a bebo page for updates these days :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

I know the vice-auditor, I'll direct him to this to see what the story is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/group.php?gid=267956699358

Dunno what they've been at recently but find out on their page, dunno many of the committee this year unless it's Conor and Justin as it says on the page?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

I was a member last year but put the lack of contact down to a incorrect email address. This year I printed it clearly on the form but like the rest here I've heard zilcho.

They haven't run anything yet, posters for the first even just went up this morning though :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭jimi_t2

They've already run a tutorial inside in the bar or blue room a few weeks back.

TBH, the DJ Soc throughout the last 4/5 years has just been a stable of DJs who do 21st's and Commercial venues in Dublin grouping together to act as the go-to for the Ents officer of the day. Maybe this year will be different but who knows.

Right, I linked the committee to this, and they asked me to pass on the following:
    • They've just secured sponsorship from an audio/lighting company.
    • Just purchased a set of decks etc.
    • Launched their first event.
    • Next tutorial will be in the next few weeks.
    • If emails aren't working, they'll concentrate on using the facebook page.

Facebook Page

The first tutorial was during orientation week afaik, so I assume they'll be running another fairly beginnery one.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9 yehthatguy

Phew glad im not the only one :D

Cheers, much appreciated

Advertisement