Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galway Arts Festival posters thread

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,390 ✭✭✭inisboffin

Well cool then! He co-owns the Black Cat Gallery on Market St, so pop in and ask him?

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭micko123

I have spoken to him. No joys!

• Registered Users Posts: 40 liabhroidi

Advertiser was the only place that got the rights to print all 30 posters few years back, for the 30th birthday of the fest. what u want, a poster or the image?

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭Shanley

Have a framed copy of that going to waste....if the price is right feel free to PM me! [Apologies if this infracts with the whole boards/adverts]

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭micko123

Sent you a PM Shanley.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

I was helping a guy do some surveying in the VEC centre down beside the fire station the other day and there was a hallway at the back of the building with all these posters from every year stuck to the wall, they werent framed or anything and a lot of them were falling down, seemed to be an abandoned part of the building, they might just give it to you if you ask.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 stepandr

Hi Folks,

Im looking to purchase a Galways arts festvial poster for 1994. Does anyone know where I might buy one or even better have one they would like to sell?

Thanks,
    Steve.

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Pure Sound

Kennys would be the most likely to have something like that

• Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Squeeonline

There will probably be reprints of them at the festival this year.

I think my parents have an original 94 one framed at home, but it wouldn't be for sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭Rob A. Bank

I remember seeing some Arts Festival posters for sale ages ago in a shop for frameing pictures on the way into Edward's Square, but alas it is not there anymore. But it might be worth checking out some of the existing frameing shops.

Failing that, maybe contacting the artist Jimmy Lawlor directly, to see if he has any of his GAF 94 posters for sale.

The Advertiser Facebook Page has clickable images of all the past posters, which brought back some fond memories for me.

:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Have you tried the GA crowd themselves? Someone there must have all the old posters and can make copies.

https://galwayartsfestival.ticketsolve.com/products/
    Newer posters here in case someone wonders.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭?Cee?view

I remember seeing some Arts Festival posters for sale ages ago in a shop for frameing pictures on the way into Edward's Square, but alas it is not there anymore.

This is the place. They went to Prospect Hill first when Gerry Barret bought their Castle Street premises and then out to Liosbán.

Framing Studio Ltd

Liosbaun Ind Est Tuam Rd Co. Galway

• Registered Users Posts: 32 ger_r

I know I know it's very very rare and very very old, but on the off chance someone has one lying around, please get in touch.

I'd love to buy it, or if you'd prefer swap for something...I've a huge collection of rare/signed memorabilia. So if it's on your pub wall, for example, maybe I've something that would look just as great on your pub wall.

Been after this poster a long time, never had any luck. Thanks for looking.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭coleria

The Post office in newcastle has a few Galway Arts Festival posters, as does Neachtains pub on cross street. I'd say they wouldn't give it to you but you might be able to get it carefully copied, or take a really good photo (like camera on a tri pod exactly in the middle of the picture etc) and get it printed. They're very rare and sought after, prob cause they're really cool works of art, I always loved the one were they put all the landmark buildings together along the river, think theres candles on the roofs, not sure, anyways best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 ger_r

Thanks for that Coleria, yeah I've gazed up at it many times in Neachtains. Definitely rare as hen's teeth :)

I think I know the one you mean. The 1998 one?
    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150245397186941&set=a.10150215220076941.334979.323864916940&type=1&permPage=1

I agree about them being really cool works of art - especially the Ted Turton and Joe Boske ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭coleria

Ha, that dude was on ACID, class!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

When I click on that link on mobile everything turns into Polish for some reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 pepeeee70

When I click on that link on mobile everything turns into Polish for some reason.

art doesnt know what are different languages:D just enjoy pictures:P

the artist is Polish btw...

Advertisement