Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BR form, Help Needed Please!

• 12-10-2010 4:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

Hi,

Just trying to complete the BR form (which is more like a novel!) anyhoo had a few questions..

1) In relation to references section they ask for two one from your current employer and another from someone else, are these to be written?

2) I dont know all the contact details for all my aunts & uncles as my family has lost contact with them, I have a put this note on the application will this be ok?

3) How long does it usually take for background check to be done?

4) What is the next step after background check is done?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭DavidH82

Scorpio22 wrote: »
    Hi,

Just trying to complete the BR form (which is more like a novel!) anyhoo had a few questions..

1) In relation to references section they ask for two one from your current employer and another from someone else, are these to be written?

2) I dont know all the contact details for all my aunts & uncles as my family has lost contact with them, I have a put this note on the application will this be ok?

3) How long does it usually take for background check to be done?

4) What is the next step after background check is done?

Thanks

Hi,

I gave in written references with my BR form. I think that's preferred. I seem to remember a section on the form asking if you had attached written references attached (the Garda who takes your form at the station has to fill this out).

As regards relatives I had the same problem with one uncle. I put down the last known address I had for him. At least that way they have something to work with.

The background checks take anything from 2 months to over two years. I have been waiting nearly a year and a half so far. Relatives living abroad slows the process down as foreign police forces have to be contacted. You are as well off to submit your form and forget about it for a few months. There is no way to know how long it will take and you will only drive your cracked thinking about it.

The next step is usually an interview with your local superintendent. This is much more informal than your first interview. <mod snip> It's nothing to worry about. There may also be an interview with the sergeant, but this seems to vary from place to place.

When your background checks are done you will be called for the medical. This is usually fairly close to when you start training.

Hope this helps, if I have omitted anything I'm sure one of the guys who has been through the whole process will correct it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

I have copied your posts over into the thread specifically with info on the BR form for background checks. You can find it here.

Therefore I am locking this thread as a duplicate is not necessary.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement