Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas Lights

Options
  • 12-10-2010 4:41pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 76 ✭✭

Anyone know who organizes turning on the Christmas in Dublin?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

The Grinch?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Lenny & Biffo on Budget Day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭FunkZ

Shane McGowan!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭flyton5

The Grafton Street Lights Committee normally do Grafton street...

http://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/mhidgbkfmhmh/

fairly old link....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭Sanjuro

Elves. They do all Santa's legwork.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Moving to Christmas forum

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Love2love

Dublin City Council organise the tree and lights on Henry St.

There is nothing on the website yet saying when it will happen though, it says its still up for tender.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 76 ✭✭Davemcfar

Thanks for all the 'decent' answers guys, much appreciated

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭dolphin city

the esb usually, although this year it may be airtricity :D:D:D:D

no seriously want to place your bets NOW that it will be the tweedledum and tweedledummer this year (jedward)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Actually my money would be on Mary from xfactor turning on the Christmas Lights in Dublin this year!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭elvis jones

lockie1983 wrote: »
    Actually my money would be on Mary from xfactor turning on the Christmas Lights in Dublin this year!

Who ?

Just in case anyone is wondering.... They are hoping to turn the lights on November 14th on O'Connell Street

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Love2love wrote: »
    Just in case anyone is wondering.... They are hoping to turn the lights on November 14th on O'Connell Street

Is it just me or does that seem really early this year? I suppose traders need something to kick start the shopping season earlier after the ****e year we've had this year!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭candy-gal1

Ooooooo!! really cant wait!! :D Is it definitley nov14th then?

It's actually been changed to the 21st. With Lights being switched on in Grafton St at 3.30, Henry Street @ 4.15 and O'Connell St @ 6pm.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,589 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

The Grafton St lights are switched on already, since yesterday. They look lovely!

Posy wrote: »
    The Grafton St lights are switched on already, since yesterday. They look lovely!

I believe this is a testing period, with the official turning on being the 21st. You'll find they'll prob have them switched off again in a day or so.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,589 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

lockie1983 wrote: »
    You'll find they'll prob have them switched off again in a day or so.
    Nooooooooooooo! :o

Advertisement