Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Win an iPhone4 thanks to 3

Options
  • 12-10-2010 4:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭

3banner.jpg

Hey all

3 would like to give you the chance to win an iPhone 4.

Here's the competition details:
    To celebrate the launch of 3’s fantastic new iPhone 4 deals, we are offering one lucky winner a free iPhone 4 on 3Pay.

iphone4.jpg

3, Ireland’s largest high-speed network, today launched two amazing new deals to save its new and old iPhone customers even more money...

Switch to 3 today and you can save up to €100 off your bill.

All you need to do is buy a brand new iPhone 4 on 3, on any of its revolutionary Smartphone Flex Plans and bring your existing number with you. It’s that simple.

Not only that but 3 is also offering all its iPhone 4 customers the chance to get their friends and family to sign up to 3 and save.

For each friend you sign up to 3 on an iPhone 4, you will receive one month free line rental applied to your account.

Not only that, but the new customer who signs up will also receive a month's free line rental.

* http://www.three.ie/terms/index.htm

To be in with a chance of winning, just post below: What is the funniest thing to have happened to you and your phone?

We’ll be drawing the winners on the 22nd of October. All the Terms and Conditions can be found at http://www.three.ie/terms/boards_iphone_competition_terms.htm

(Please note: this thread is NOT suitable for posting questions about 3 product or services.)

Best of luck!

Darragh

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Literally 15 minutes after buying my new phone (with money I had saved for months), it fell out of my pocket, on the road, and a car ran over it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Someone once covered my phone in vaseline and when i went to answer a call it slipped out of my hand and into the sink. Stupid nokia 3210.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭mrDerek

My boozed up cousin thought it would be a good idea to record and change my ring tone to babie masons "its good to be alive" for a funeral and ring it. and to add insult to injury they glued the clamshell together so the ringtone rang out lol :D dirty looks all round

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭satanta99

Somebody at home was running a bath and for some reason I had both the house phone and my mobile in my hand... I ran in to use the facilities before they hopped into the bath... when the house phone started ringing and I got such a shock I dropped both phones and they landed in the bath... needless to say I missed the call, however I didn't miss the toilet bowl :o!

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭pjhamill

I was cleaning my iPhone with toilet role and my mam didn't realise.She threw the iPhone into the toilet and flushed.We actually recovered the phone but it was covered in poo.ooh epic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

Fell out of my pocket, into a cup of tea. :( Still worked though. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭eliza64

I was sitting on the couch watching television when the landline phone rang, when I answered it there was no one there. I could hear something so I sat back down on the couch all the while saying 'Hello Hello'. What is that noise I can hear I thought. It sounded like the tv the same program I was watching. Then the penny dropped I had sat on my mobile and somehow hit redial button and rang myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭Vain

Was taking a wee and had my phone in my hoodie pocket when i reached over to flush the toilet it fell into the toilet while it was flushing, I then made my Mom get it for me. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Mike Tyson

Was at a circus up past Tallaght around 2 years ago; was sitting ringside, my phone went off during one of the clown sketches, both clowns came over as it was ringing and one of them answered it. Got a great oul laugh from the audience has to be said, not from me, was brickin it they were going to bring me out into the ring.

So yeah that must be up there :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,806 ✭✭✭✭KeithM89_old

Was taking a wizz, i tried to take my watch off to wash my hands but fell in the toilet. Leaned over to take it out and my phone fell out into the toilet too :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Well this was a recent occurance.

I was with my girlfriend who was registering for her new college course at the start of September in Sallynoggin. We were slightly unsure of where to go as this was only her second time there and the first she got a lift, so thankfully google maps was on hand to help us on our way.

Long and behold after 2 buses and a train later we were at the collge and all was going well, registration took less then ten minutes and I was tweeting at how great google maps and their sat nav was.

Next on the list was a stop into a shop to grab the uniform for herself. "Google will find us the way" I said clutching my phone a high!.

My phone, in all its wisdom and power, led me to the gate of what looked like a very run down house in a council estate. "It must be one of those offices from home type things" we both agreed, and proceeded up the driveway and knocked on the door.

As the door opened we were greeted by a very naked Romanian man wearing what can only be described as a tea-towel to cover his bollox.

"Is this buttercups uniforms?" My girlfriend said without skipping a beat, until she noticed the wreck that was there infront of her.

As the man started screaming what I can only imagine was profanities we quickly scurried out of the estate.

90 minutes later, as google maps led us astray even further, it took me a google search to find a boards thread from two years ago with someone saying.

"Does anyone know the address for Buttercups uniforms? Google maps just took me to a screaming gypsies house!"

I'll try dig up that link, but I thought it was a hilarious days events.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 fit_gurl

Ok so i was out one night and went to a club night underneath Connolly Station. Didn't want to have my bag on me so put it into the cloak room. I had tight black trousers on me and no pockets so i put my phone behind the wasteband above my bum. Completely forgot about it and went for a wee some time later. Into the cubicle i went turned around, dropped the trousers completely forgetting about the phone and it dropped into the toilet. I quickly pulled my trousers up while shouting 'noooooo'. One of my mates was outside the cubicle and is like 'whats up' so i open the door to show her. We are both steaming drunk and the phone light is still on even thought its submersed in the toilet. We could see '1 text message' on the phone and my mate in her drunkenness is like 'Ollie you have to get the phone out of the toilet, we need to see who that text message is from'. It was hilarious in our drunken state....
    It's not the first time one of my phones went into water.. Lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 327 ✭✭St._Andalou

A tip is never save your boss's name in your phone if it's similar or identical to someone you know.

I was dating a guy called Aaron, my boss's name at the time was Adam, so they were stored right beside each other in the phonebook. It was a recipe for disaster. One Friday after a few drinks, I text my boyfriend:

Hey, I've just run a bath for us. Wanna come over? Pick up a bottle of wine on your way. x.

Of course, after a bit of fumbling with the phone, I selected the contact Adam (my boss) instead of Aaron (boyfriend). Luckily my boss had a sense of humour. He just text back: "Wine? Red or white!"

But God, I was so mortified on Monday going into work. Talk about a walk of shame!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

As I got home safely on a raucous night out I decided to text my mate that I was home ok.

So, one eye open and stumbling to and fro I opened up a text. Typed what I thought to be "made it home ok, thanks a mil".

Woke up the next morning to a few missed calls and texts. Checked my sent messages and all I sent him was.....

"hide".

Predictive text + beer = plain weirdness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Joebits

It was the 19th of March 2010. A friday night. Tiesto was playing the 02. The atmosphere in the 02 was electric! Amazing! The night had finally arrived!!:D

We managed to shove our way towards the front when Tiesto came on.
    I whipped out my Nokia 5mp camera and started recording a couple of his songs. My favourites so that I could look back at this great moment. It was a dream come true to see Tiesto Live and up close!

Before I knew it, as the crowd bobbed side to side, up and down to the beats, arms everywhere, my phone got knocked out of my hand. I was devastated. I dived towards the ground which was barely visible. I rooted through peoples legs and didn't want to give up but I soon came to realise that it was the end of my phone. I had to let go. There was not a chance in hell of actually finding it now.

I had to get over it to enjoy the concert which i had been anticipating for the past few months!

When we got outside after the concert had finished, we rang it, texted it but nothing...

Eventually, in the taxi, someone had replied! They had my phone!
    It was a miracle. This girl, my age(19 or so), had replied as to where she lived so I could pick up my phone the next day. So I drove out to her house. Gave her a call and she gave me my phone back. I slipped her €10 to show my appreciation of being a good citizen!

So if you ever loose your phone in the 02, there's always hope!!

It's nice to see there are genuine people out there who would return you a €200 phone. Pity I lost it about 2 months later in town. Can't remember much of that night to be honest..

• Registered Users Posts: 11,110 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

About 7 years ago I was working in a crappy poundshop called Wonderland, and I got a text from a number I didn't know. The text was addressed to Alice. While I was in wonderland.-_-

To this day my sister still has me in her phonebook as Alice...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Dublinstiofán

Left a few in a taxi's being totally locked.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Bonavox

My sister sellotaped my phone to underneath the table when I wasn't looking and rang it. I couldn't find it but five minutes later the sellotape broke and my phone fell. :D Still worked, thankfully.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

I bought a phone when i was 16 and got my first propper job. I came out of the carphone wherehouse in Dun Laoghaire, (when it was on the side) all chuffed with myself.

I had the phone in my pocket less then 2 minutes, when a Old Man colopsed in the street up from me.

I ran over to see if he was ok, he had hit his head and it was bleeding. So my First call on a mobile was to 999.

Went off with him in the hospital, and People were amazed how "you could call from anywhere??!?"

Was pretty chuffed with that :)

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭T17cH

while on holiday i decided to go on a camel trek about 5mins into the the trek another camel behind me decided to hock a big one at me while i was taking a picture with my phone and i dropped it and the camel behind me proceeded to step on and crush it :( funny now but i was cracking when it happened lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭jfrmbray

Got mugged in spain over the summer at knifepoint.They took out my phone,laughed and handed it back to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Mrs_Hen

Well I don't know where to start my first being an Ericsson this was quite small phone at the time and I wore combats, I wondered all around the house looking for it I could hear it ringing but could not find it, About 20 missed call later I find it in my pocket :)

I had one stolen from my ear while talking & walking down Bachelors Walk while on the way to an interview, Hence I did not get the job,

I have dropped a brand new Nokia E51 in the toilet it fell out of my loose pocket.

The kids ate about 3 or 4 while they where teething, They are a little older now so safe for me to have a good phone again.

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,160 ✭✭✭Kimono-Girl

we were on a summer holiday this year in turkey, our daughter wanted to go in the paddling pool, her dad said he would stay in the baby pool with her...while i went swimming.

after my swim i came out and i insisted as it was so nice, that he go for a swim, he refused, i insisted further and eventually after me persuading him to get out of the heat just for a quick dip, he caved in.He ran and jumped into the pool, two minutes later i saw him panic and quickly leave the pool.

it was then he informed me he had jumped in with his phone and wallet in his swim shorts pocket! along with our two week's worth of spending money soaking in his wallet, his phone was as dead as a dodo...i got the bright idea of taking it apart on the sunbed and leaving the battery dry out in the 40+ degree heat along with the money....i fried his phone! it hasn't worked since!

oh and to add insult to his injury, the entire incident was photographed by a photographer the hotel had in that day, for their new website...so to this day on the hotel's website you can see me sitting on a sunbed, his phone and several wads of cash drying out on the sunbed next to me, and that particular photo is on their main home page in their website photo slide show :o

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭Bonkers_xOx

One day during the Summer, I had my phone in one hand and a Loop-the-Loop in the other. I wanted to answer a call and also have some of my ice pop. Having the amazing brainpower that I do, I stuck the Loop-the-Loop in my ear and started licking my phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭skipz

2 years ago at work in Drogheda i left my phone sitting on the edge of trailer that was beside my van while i took my tools out. I got talking to someone, forgot the phone and left it there.
    Got to lunch time and could not find the phone anywhere.Tried ringing, no answer. I could not think where i left, i even thought some fecker stole it out of the van even though the doors were locked:D.
    Anyways kept ringing the phone then about about 6o'clock that night i got a answer!
    Me "Yeah hello, i lost my phone and you have it"
    Them "Yeah i found it here in the back of me trailer"
    Me "can i collect it off you, i left it sitting on the trailer out in Drogheda"
    Them "Aaaah...well if you fancy driving to Raphoe in Donegal"
    Me "Huh?"
    The lad was down in Drogheda meeting some fella to sell him a quad and stayed in the b&b beside the site i was working on.
    My poor phone was bloody up in Donegal!
    Fair play to the fella, he posted it back down to me:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭robbie_998

me and friends were messing pretending to be cowboys with guns ... i thought it would be bright to undo the clip button on my combats pocket like a gun holder and whip out my phone and shoot.

it fell and came apart on the floor cos of my butter fingers ! :pac:

still working though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Darragh wrote: »
    To be in with a chance of winning, just post below: What is the funniest thing to have happened to you and your phone?

"What is the funniest thing to have happened to you and your phone?"

Can i have my free iphone now? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭seany76

funny thing is could do with a new phone - first one went down the loo and the second one did a summersault into a cup of tea - if only i could have got it on utube :P

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭Chefburns

I found my grandmonthers little dog chewing on it about a year ago and when I managed to get it back it was all fine except for a small line running across the hash key. I ignored it but over the coming weeks it kept growing!! Soon enough the line had cracked the button in two and then it fell off. Since then every key has fallen off. The green phone, red phone and center button are all thats left!!!! And since i'm a poor student I'm still using it!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

I was out shopping and put my phone on the roof of the car (as you do) while putting the shopping in the boot. I forgot about the phone on the roof, got in the car and drove the 3 mile journey home only to find my phone still on the roof :eek: :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement