Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Win an iPhone4 thanks to 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭jcsoulinger

I'm not sure if this is funny or embarrassing or both prob both, any way here's my story.

A few years ago now, Back when I was a shy, nerdy teenager. I managed to scrape enough money together to buy a top of the range mobile phone with a really good camera built in. This is what happens when ya don't have a social life. Needless to say i was delighted with my purchase, I taught i was the coolest mofo ever with this phone clipped to my belt, I strutted confidently around the house, as if I expected to get a call from Bono at any minute now.

I couldn't wait to show it off to all my friends.... well i say all my friends but it was just two other equally nerdy individuals Paul and Gerry, We were like peas in a tin. We spent most of the day taking pictures of things that we taught were funny but were actually quiet sad. For example at break time one of us would stand behind the principle or one of the many teachers and make an obscene gesture while the other one would take a quick snap and no one would be the wiser.

Last class of the day was PE, which was inflicted by Mr Grimes, He would have made Pol Pot look like a reasonable person. When the class was over and I was walking back to the changing room through a long corridor, I noticed the finest bjour in the class was walking in front of me, wearing a pair of those tracksuit with dope written across the rear of them. I said to myself if this isn't 5 mega pixel worthy i don't know what is!

I flipped out my phone like the stealthiest ninja ever, then felt rush of elation as the picture came into focus.... CLICK, Now to this day I don't know how it happened but all i know is It could only happen to me. For what felt like the longest two seconds ever, like watching crash test dummies in slow motion, the whole corridor became illuminated in white light, that's right the freakin flash was on. In those two seconds I had gone from the stealthiest ninja ever to the perviest ninja ever.

Everyone was looking at me now and Fiona was screaming at me “you sick perv Im telling Grimes” I don't think the particular shade of red my face turned existed before this unfortunate event. I managed to scramble into the dressing room and get changed, I was faster than superman in a phone booth. I had already planned my escape it was out the fire exit and next stop Mexico. Just as I was about to leave i hear a voice behind me.....

“Johnathon could I have a look at your phone please” it was Grimes,In my impatience to leave I had forgotten to delete the images. The phone passed from my shaking, clammy hand to his, He squinted as he awkwardly navigated his way through the phone and then both his eyes widened and a crocked smile stretched its way across his face, “who's the dope now” he said.

The other pictures of us stalking the principle and teachers were also found surprisingly they were not amused. I got Detention for four weeks and the unfortunate nickname Dope, which I have yet to be completely free of. I wish my story had a happy ending, I wish i could say “Its OK I ended up marrying Fiona” but sadly this is not the case. I still secretly take pictures of her though..... Only joking!.

It will definitely all have been worth it if I end up winning an Iphone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭mailrewop

was walking home one night and decided to take a shortcut through a field, it was pitch black so i decided to take out my phone and use it as a light but the battery was dead, when i went to put it back in my pocket it fell out of my hand and onto the ground. i reached down to have a feel around to try and find it but i found something else, a nice piece of cow **** left in the field. so after i made a hand imprint in the cow dung, i found my phone and headed home to wash my hands a good few times.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭PomBear

After returning home from the takeaway, the OH informs me she's dropped my new phone into the sink. Devastated but it was an accident, and I believed her. I quickly moved to put the phone in the hot press, which seems to be the recommended thing to do.

Only to find out she had the great idea to go one up on the hot press and try dry it in the microwave! as my head sinks into my hands, she tries console me with ''but that's what I do with my socks!''

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

Got up before my Alarm and went to the Library, Sitting in the Library with headphones in and noticed everyone was staring at me, Then I saw my phone was flashing saying "alarm 10:00am" It had been going for a minute.

Very very embarrasing!

• Registered Users Posts: 23 hoang360

NOW THAT I HAVE YOUR ATTENTION

ME AND MY FRIENDS WERE MESSIN AROUND AND THROWIN NUTS AT EACH OTHER.THE NUTS WERE IN OUR POCKET . EVRYTIME WE THROW WE REACH IN OUR POCKET . I JUST HAPPENED TO HAVE A BRAND NEW IPHONE 3G IN MY POCKET.I WAS RUSHIN SO I ACCIDENTLY THROW MY IPHONE AT HIM IT WAS MORE AND LIKELY TO FALL ONTO THE PATH AND BREAK:o JUST WHEN I THREW IT I FOUND OUT IT WAS MY NEW PHONE:mad: SO I LITTLERLY PISS MY SELF AND JUMPED AFTER THE PHONE. THE PHONE WAS GONNA HIT THE GRASS AND BE FINE:D BUT I JUMPED AND HEADBUT IT ON TO THE PATH:eek: JUST AT THAT MOMMENT MY FRIEND WAS ON THE PATH AND RAN OVER TRYIN TO CATCH MY PHONE:rolleyes: SOMEHOW HE FAILED:mad:AND IT HIT HIM RIGHT IN THE PRIVATE PLACE:rolleyes::DTHE PHONE JUMPED BACK ONTO THE GRASS AND SURVIVED WITH ONLY A FEW SCRATCH AND BRUISES:D... BUT ME AND MY FRIEND WAS NOT AS LUCKY AS THE PHONE:confused: I WENT HOME WITH A SCRATCHED FACE AND A LUMP ON MY HEAD NEARLY SHAPED LIKE AN IPHONE:(AND AFTER MY FRIEND GOT OFF THE GROUND HE WENT HOME WITH A BRUISED PRIVATE PART :p:D:p AND A FEW SCRATCHES ... HE DID NOT STOP CURSING AT ME ON THE JOURNEY HOME..... BUT I THANKED HIM ( NOT FOR CURSING AT ME BUT FOR RISKING THE CHANCE OF HAVING KIDS TO SAVE MY PHONE:D THANKS BRO!!!!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 thatone

It was a sunny day back in 2009. I had just been assigned the task of setting up my friends iphone before she came home. (A cruel trick for I was without iphone, and it created within me a craving for such an awesome piece of technology)

So I went into the library to access the internet, going to my usual 'quiet floor'. Up I went, set it up, banged in a set of headphones to the phone and began rifling through the ringtones. For a solid 6 minutes I flicked through the tones, back and forth, and was just about reaching my decision when I felt a tap on my shoulder. Turning round in exasperation I faced a smug looking girl that I had loudly and obviously shushed the previous week. I pulled out my earphones and faced her with an enquiring look. 'Yes, can I help you?'

'Yeah, you do know that those ringtones are on speaker as well right?'

I can safely say my face was never quite so beautiful a shade of crimson. Especially on looking around and seeing the entire floor laughing loudly at me.

I haven't been back since.

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭bc84

I went into the toilets in work at HQ one day, a job which i had only started around 4 weeks prior. because all the bosses worked there the toilets were really plush, everything flush (no pun intended) all built in where there was a marble panel hiding the cistern from view if you understand.

This one day, despite only needing a number one i went into the toilet cubicle, and had my fairly new 3gs in my hand. the actual toilet was built into the cubicle, all joined in and properly sealed. As i had never been in this one in particular before i checked above the toilet with my hand to make sure there was a shelf where i could put my phone whilst i relieved myself. The actual top of the cubicle was about 2 foot above my head. it all felt fine so i set my iphone on the shelf above me before i had my pee. as soon as i did it i heard this clunk as the phone fell down the back of the toilet. the feeling of ''oh ****'' was unreal.

after climbing up on the toilet seat to see what had happened i found that the ''shelf'' i had felt earlier was nothing more than the thickness of the back panel of the cubicle and there was actually no shelf at all. on looking down i could see my iphone lying at the base of the toilet cistern about 7 feet down.

I wasted two days at work attempting to rescue my beloved iphone, one of which included applying glue to an extended brush pole and rapidly trying to negotiate the toilet cistern obsticle to get the glue to stick to my phone.

needless to say this never worked and was without doubt pure desperation. In the end i had to speak to the property manager, explain the whole embarassing situation to her and she subsequently had to get a joiner in to take the whole toilet cubicle apart to have my phone retrieved.

I'm still trying to shake off the jokes and sniggers from being the new boy who had the bosses toilets dismantled to retrieve his phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Laserhead

Drunken fire juggling, 'nuff said.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 711 ✭✭✭dammitjanet

Around the time that pink mobiles started to become really popular I was in college and one of the girls in my class got an amazing pink 3G flip phone- I fell in love with it, but being a poor student, couldn't hope to afford it.

So out came the masking tape, a can of pink spray paint and my old nokia.

5 minutes later I had a stunning new pink phone too!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭winston82

I got my first phone about 10 years ago. I was the first in my class to have one. I brought it in for show and tell. I put the phone on the table and had previously prepared, with my mother. a little speech to explain simple things about the phone. I picked the phone up in my right hand and turned it on. It electrocuted me slightly, then proceeded to burn in my hand with a tiny flame. The screen burned right off and the buttons were destroyed. The battery was melting into my hand, then in a second it stopped. All of this happened before I said a word. I told the class it was a magic trick. They all stood up and applauded. They were amazed. I remember my teacher looking at me in distraught. My teacher didn't know whether to applaud or be horrified. My hand really hurt as I was only 10 years old, but I earned the respect of my peers that day. Needless to say my mother brought the phone back to the Vodafone shop she bought it from the next day.

I still have a slight mark on my hand where the plastic melted from the phone melted into my hand. But I'd say I looked so cool that day. It hurt a lot but I'd say it was worth it smile.gif

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6 whelanmark70

Tis a true story.... Having fallen on hard times recently I was attending regular sessions with a Psychiatrist as my Therapist. Anyhow, as I was chatting away, as you do, suddenly there was a loud booming sound throughout the room.. Oh my God, it was my ringtone theme music from the famous shower stabbing scene in the old film Psycho.. yes you know how it goes, the one that goes :eek:...:eek:....:eek:....:eek:instantly recognisable.

You can imagine how mortified when I found myself fumbling in my pockets for what seemed like an age to find my phone.

Now that, at least in hindsight, was the funniest thing that happened to me and my mobile phone :):):)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,138 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Bought a new phone, brought it home- it wouldn't work.
    Brought it back to the store and was giving out stink- demanded to talk to the manager etc. I said I wanted a new phone, not to get this one replaced. After my five minute rant the manager examined the phone for about 30 seconds andexplained to me (and everyone in the store who was listening) that the battery wasn't in it......
    I wanted the ground to open up and swallow me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,967 ✭✭✭mrmac

Last Christmas, the Mrs. & I hatched an evil plan to get our 3 year old to go to bed! It took a bit of doing but eventually we where set.

I put a ring tone on the Mrs. phone, which called out "Molly, where are you Molly? Santa wants to talk to you." I then included a picture of Santa when it rang, all allocated to my mobile number.

So, out I went to the car, and rang it.
    Panic broke out in the sitting room when my wee girl heard it! She threw a total berserker, and would only touch the phone after the Mrs. had answered it!! :eek:

Eventually she listened, while I, in my best, deep, Santa voice, said how she had been a great girl all year, how much her Mum & Dad loved her, and how she was going to get the present she had written on her letter to me (Santa). This worked great, and soon she was chatting away, and even saying that because she was so good, could she have two presents!!

We talked for about 10 minutes, and finished up with me telling her how important it was to "go to bed early, and get plenty of beauty sleep", as my wee girl hates going to bed. She agreed that she would, and then reminded me about the second present! :rolleyes:

It nearly backfired on us, but thankfully it worked out great, and we've had a laugh about it all year! We'll definitely be doing the "Santa Phone Call" again.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,341 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

I walked into a bar while on my phone. It hurt.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Aine5

Last summer I was out on the town with the girls and had way too much to drink. I decided to make toast all round when we got home.woke up next mornin and searched for my phone - no where to be found. convinced myself I lost it the night before, went to all the bother of ringing up and getting phone locked and even bought new one and lost all my numbers. Went to make toast the following night and opened the butter - phone inside :) Was gutted lol

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Auscast

Driving to work this morning on N11, I looked over to my right and there was this woman in a Jaguar doing at least 120 with her face up next to her rear view mirror putting on her mascara.
    I looked away for a couple seconds and then the next thing I knew was she was careening all over my lane.
    It scared me so badly that I dropped my electric shaver into my coffee, which spilled all over my mobile phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭kingbob387

When I was about 13, my beloved Auntie bought me my first ever mobile phone. Yeah so we were still sitting inside the shop where we bought the phone after paying for it, as they were seeking for a new one themselves. I was messing about in the settings then I put a password into it. Litterally 2 seconds later my goldfish memory came into action and I forgot the password. Luckily the nice lady there fixed it for me, or else I would've been stuck with a brand new phone and not knowing the passoword for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭Liamario

While fighting in World War II, my phone deflected a bullet away from my chest and hit a German soldier who was about to stab me in the back square between the eyes.
    This story may have happened while play Call of Duty and may not have involved a phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭TonyFella

I was fishing on a friends boat in kilmore Quay down in Wexford, Nice sunny summers day my friend got a good rattle on his rod and he was into a nice fish after a good fight the fish came to the side of the boat a nice pollock, i reached over to get the fish in the boat and my phone came out of my pocket bounced off the fishes head and sank to the bottom of the sea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 _mcmahon1741_

We all had the same brand of nokia phone when we were small. one night at a friends house we all thought it would be funny to text abuse to one of the lad's mother and father when he was asleep off his phone. Turns out it was my phone the next morning - got some hidin' off the father no doubt!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Shellers

I was 15 yrs old , it was my first mobile phone a lovely Nokia 3210 (still have it and it works!!) I was visiting Ailwee Caves with my family, we were having a great time! The tour guide was telling us about the stalagmite and stallagtites, I was wearing a denim jacket the phone was in one of the top pockets I couldnt close the pocket cuz the 3210 was so big! I looked down at what the guide was showing us and BANG there goes the phone, it fell down the bottom of the cave! The guide had to climb down to get the phone it was so embarassing the whole tour just waiting when the guide got the phone! My Dad thought it would be funny to ring it when it was down there and low and behold it still worked it started ringing (Nokia Tune was my ringtone!) Everyone clapped when the guide returned with the phone that managed to survive with just a little crack in the corner of the screen! My mother still tells this story! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭dromdrom

Went on a few dates with a girl when I lived in Dublin, very pretty and intelligent. Thought it was starting to move along nicely, went out one night with the lads, all talk about this girl , had a a couple of pints but went home early (to much slagging) because was planning to meet said girl the next morning to spend the day together. Went home and put on the heater in my room as it was freezing. Woke up the next morning and found that I had left my phone on the heater which had somehow managed to melt. I was unable to retrieve said girls number from the phone and did not have it saved to the SIM. I then realised in abject horror that I had no idea where she lived (somewhere in Sutton as I told the lads!) , I knew where she worked but was too embarrassed to ring and tell her as it would sound like a tall excuse for standing her up. Met her in town a couple of months after and she wouldn't believe me and was lucky to get away unharmed!

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭estadio

ME; staring at hot girl outside the bus with my phone facing her. Unknown to me my camera shutter is down. She stares back i realize whats happened and go red.

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭Bizzi Lizzy

I was driving to work one day putting on my Mascara. I looked away for a couple seconds and then the next thing I knew was there were two cars careening all over my lane. I could see that they got such a fright that they dropped their electric shavers into their coffees, which spilled all over their mobile phones.
    Driving to work one morning on the M50, I looked over to my left and there was this woman in a Jaguar doing at least 70 mph with her face up next to her rear view mirror putting on her mascara. I looked away for a couple seconds and then the next thing I knew was she was careering allover my lane.
    It scared me so badly that I dropped my electric shaver into my coffee, and it spilled all over my mobile phone.';)

Auscast wrote: »
    Driving to work this morning on N11, I looked over to my right and there was this woman in a Jaguar doing at least 120 with her face up next to her rear view mirror putting on her mascara.
    I looked away for a couple seconds and then the next thing I knew was she was careening all over my lane.
    It scared me so badly that I dropped my electric shaver into my coffee, which spilled all over my mobile phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭bryaner

I was driving to work one day putting on my Mascara. I looked away for a couple seconds and then the next thing I knew was there were two cars careening all over my lane. I could see that they got such a fright that they dropped their electric shavers into their coffees, which spilled all over their mobile phones.

Lol a good Meath detective.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭Doop

One summers evening in the local beer garden I was stuck listening to a mate tell me some never ending story, with phone in hand my mind was drifting... I sort of tried balancing my phone across the top of my pint glass, when it slipped into my full pint...

I was baffled as to my next course of action so I picked up the pint and starting drinking as quickly as possible, in order to rescue said phone.......

....... the phone never worked again (RIP)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭ronaneire

A couple of years back my dog decided he wanted the phone. He picked it up and I ended up chasing him around the garden with the phone in his mouth. :eek:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,165 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1m1tless

On the way home from a night out both extremely pissed, me any my girlfriend stopped at a public toilet for some eh...;) ;). It was one of the ones you pay 20c and the door opens then closes for a certain ammount of time. while we were in there my new W995 Slipped out of my pocket and into the drainage part underneath. She had just given it to me that day as a present

I was very drunk and determined to get it back so i went in after it to fish it out :eek:

I was pretty upset myself and didnt want her to be upset either after spending so much money on the phone for me. But she was laughing her ass off at me and saying i was disgusting.

When i got home and 2 bottles of disinfectant later I started to sober up and realised what happened. We both saw the funny side of it.

She still laughes about it everytime we pass by :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Galway K9

Got brand new phone after loosing other one. without being inappropiate, was going toilet. pulled down my pants and phone fell right in out of my pocket. I lost it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 budcans47

A few years ago in the army , We were on the shooting range , when we were just about to get the order to fire my phone when off in my inside pocket,, and to make things worst, the tone was the Good the Bad and the ugly. the boys had a good laugh out it..

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement