Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Win an iPhone4 thanks to 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭brianorourke

Short and sweet, my dog sat on the screen and farted on it. Not a huge nokia fan I guess

• Registered Users Posts: 5,356 ✭✭✭NeVeR

A few year back myself and a few mates were on a train heading to Manchester. My phone was on the table and there was a lovely girl sitting across from me.. I was trying to chat her up and doing ok,,, when I got a text on my phone...

Thats nothing new.. But at that time i had a really loud evil laugh as my text notification tone, .. Whole carriages tarting laughing at it...... Muuuhahahahahahahahaha

• Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭VampiricPadraig

It was when I texting a friend, I couldn't type anything because it kept coming up 7x7x7x7x7x7x7x7x7x7x on the screen, so I decided to send it to him, quite funny!!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

I have had plenty of things happen, but not really funny when they happen. Dropping it into the toilet, texting and taking a piss at the same not a good idea.

Texting my mates, and her mates by mistake when it was a text for her eyes only shall we say. Happening more than once is :o

Messing with one of the lads facebook account after he saved his password on my phone was kinda funny. He was stuck in work then, so couldn't change it, and people kept ringing him to ask what was going on :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,381 ✭✭✭Doom

I was walking in town one day and eating a banana, the phone rang, I took it out to answer it and at the same time I was passing a bin, I went to throw the banana skin into the bin, ended up putting the banana skin to my ear and throwing the phone in the bin, couldn't bring myself to search a bin in the middle of town and never could get it back :-(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

I have had lots of bizarre things happen to me but one thing that sticks out in the memory, I had just bought the phone, was impatient and took it out to see what it was like. I had bought a brand new Sony Ericsson phone (as I was a fan back then!) and was walking down the street trying to see the new features and what not, lost my balance, I went one way, the phone went the other.. I was on the pavement and phone on the road.. let's just say the phone did not survive, since that day, I hate the 46A... :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,193 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I was working in Chartbusters a few years ago, and was going out with a girl who worked there. She thought it would be funny to take my phone and put it down her top (which it was). She then had to go out and serve a costumer, so i decided to ring my phone. As she was asking for the costumers membership card, my phone started ringing/vibrating, to the theme of Don't Stop Me Now by Queen.

Queue lots of laughter, and a very embarressed girlfriend.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Adzer81

a few years ago after a few drinks me and a mate decided to play a game to see who could bounce their phone off the ground the hardest, I had two phones at that stage as I only got a new one the other day so of course I throw the old €50 phone off the ground and my mate throw his expensive nokia one thank god he didnt break it, I was still picking rocks and dirt out of mine the next day :L

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭creativedrinker

A few years ago I had a n-gage, a brick of a fone, one night out I got a 3 in 1 and when I walked out I forgot about a fork so I took off the back cover and used it as a spoon as it was so big.. Worked perfectly!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Ring Ring Ring Ring Ring Ring Cat Phone

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭louise-x

When I was in school, I had my phone in my shirt pocket. Went to the bathroom, and leaned over to flush. Of course, it fell in :(
    So I went home, got out the hairdryer and tried to dry it off a bit to see if it would work. The hairdryer was obviously too hot though and started melting and warping the plastic cover of the phone! Complete disaster!!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,406 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

I was reading text, slipped, dropped the phone, watched it bounce and slow as it came to the stairs, it briefly held on the edge before tumbling down, landed intact at the bottom of the stairs where my dog came in, picked up the phone in it's mouth and ran outside with it. Went outside and he was slobering away with it, tried to take it off him but got an angry growl to back off instead then he took off with it and so I chased him for all of 5 minutes and had to wrestle the phone back off him. Still worked though, and had some nice battle wounds to boot.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Well it's another story involving piss isn't it...

Was at a going away party at a club and was very drunk. Needed to relieve myself and in the course dropped my new phone in the trough. Said soon to be ex-colleague (also very drunk) also at trough decides to machinegun it for the laugh, as does 3 other random pissheads as it runs down the length of the trough.

The phone is still clearly working. Phone also contains incriminating texts that I couldn't allow to be seen, plus I need the numbers on the sim. So I was faced with a dilemma - do I grab it or leave it? Decided that the best course was to rush out and grab my pint and pour the remaining contents over it in the hopes of sanitizing the situation. This killed the phone, but helped me justify my actions of shoeing it out and recovering the sim. Once again, I was very drunk. I also didn't find it very funny, but everyone else thought it was hilarious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭WIZE

left my phone on a table in my friends house. went to the bathroom only to come back to find my phone in a glass of orange juice and her 2 year old hiding behind the couch laughing. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭shofukan

Saw my mate Seán drop his 3310 * "The Indestructible Brick" off the end of the walkway thingy down at Shankill beach by accident..
    It bounced like 8 times..
    He goes white and runs down, picks it up.. 'Still working!!!' :D
    I also have a 3310.. We bump phones, 'cause we're that cool.

The next week.. Another mate is showing me his fancy K610..
    And so, as we all do, I start bragging, 'yeah, that's nice.. But you'll never beat this yoke for reliability!' *throws the phone on top of his coffee table*
    'Seán dropped his like 20 metres down at the beach and there's not a scratch'
    *picks up phone which falls into several pieces and has a broken screen..*
    Mate proceeds to laugh at me.. Never live it down.. Replace it with a K610, have that phone to this day. Never gonna show off like that again..

*(In epic manly voice)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭madmoe

I installed the iFart app on my phone and used it one day on a fairly packed LUAS!! Needless to say I got a good few looks but things got really bad when people started to move down the tram away from me :) Ya'd swear I was smelly or something....

I used to always buy the cheapest phone available cos I was pretty much always broke! so I had a few bob and decided I would treat myself to an expensive phone, €199 for a lovely little pink nokia phone which I adored. 1 week later I was in work in my new job, went to the loo and had my handbag with me which I sat on top on the cistern, as I turned around, the bag toppled and it fell straight into the toilet, every single thing that was in the bag, including my lovely new phone, fell straight to the bottom of the bowl. So I was quickly returned to my crappy old 3210 :(

I still have the little pink one which I occasionally threaten to get fixed!

pink-nokia-6111_2_med.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,402 ✭✭✭randombar

Phone stopped working a few years ago so I brought it in to get fixed. They said it was water damaged which I didn't believe, I swore to them it was nowhere near water.

Anyways I went home bewildered, threw the phone up on the counter and watched the tv. Still hadn't a clue what happened the phone until I turned around and saw my two year old nephew walking out the door leaving my phone covered in the pool of drool.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭MemEmee

on my old Siemens phone if you left recipient for text blank it sent it for first person in phone.
    i was picking up Henna hair dye for my sister. Typed 'What shade of dye is your hair', but didnt' type a recipient.
    so it went to Ann. the elderly 'blonde' office administrator who's number i had to get access to work.
    she sent back 'WHO IS THIS???'. Mortified.
    i had to buy her chocolates and do a demo on my phone to try and explain.
    she gave me weird looks until she retired.

first entry in my phone now is alway AAA Home Phone (landline)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Once had a phone knocked out of my hand by a friend while queueing for a taxi ... right as the next taxi rolled up ... bump bump .. .straight under the wheels as the taxi moved up.
    I picked it up fearing the worst .. phone was grand. worked for another 18 months after.
    :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭mad m

When a work colleague who was retiring and I was replacing him, he gave me his work phone. I knew he had gotten a recent upgrade to a new nokia 51e. The phone he gave me was a crappy old nokia.

The crappy old nokia got robbed out of my work van the other day, went into customer service in our job contacted vodafone and cancelled the sim and phone. Vodafone had me on record as having the nokia 51 and blocked the sim and the phone

The work mate who retired was in the job the other day wondering why the phone wouldnt ring out or take any calls....:D

Haha serves him right.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

We were called "in pocket" as it were by one of our managers a few years back.

You know where you accidently bump the phone in your pocket and you send someone a nice long message of jangling keys?

Except the message we received was similar to the following.

jangle-jangle-jangle *pause* *zzzzzzzzziiiiippp* *pause* *cough* *watery running sounds* *whistling* "oh yeah" *cough* *pause* *zzzzziiipppp* jangle-jangle-jangle *sounds of hand soap dispenser* *sounds of running water* ... it finally cut off when we heard the hand dryer start.

Listening to the message back on speaker, we had pretty much passed out laughing when the whistling kicked off.

We never told him.

Bless.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,438 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

I had just gotten a new phone for my birthday a couple of days before and I was going to the toilet when my phone rang. I took it out of my pocket and saw it was my boss ringing me. The phone slips from my hand straight down the toilet
    RUINED!!
    So I had to buy a new phone the following day. I sent my friend a txt saying something along the lines of "my phone fell down the toilet and its all my fu**ing bosses fault for ringing me"............The only thing is I sent it to my boss...............*facepalm* :o

WORST BIRTHDAY EVER!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭TanG411

So many things have happened to me with phones over the years. But probably the best story is this, which happened about two years ago:

I was in town during the day on my 17th birthday. Not doing much, just hanging around with friends. Anyway, we went to a public park to relax. The park was packed with people as it was on a Saturday. I had my phone on the grass when this cute little labrador came over running to us. He had a collar and we could see the owner in the distance.

Then the fecker decides to bite my phone and run off with it. :eek:

I assumed it would run over to the owner, but oh no! It decides to run under a fence and into a small forest behind the park. There was no way anybody could fit through the hole in the fence, and the dog was about ten feet away just gnawing at my phone. Then it stops, comes back through the fence and into the park, but left the phone behind.

Of course, I tried to tear open the fence, but to no avail. Many strangers looking at me, and no help from my friends either when they just point and laugh. :o

Looking back at it now, it was very funny, and lucky as well as I was using an old Siemens C55, as my original phone was getting fixed. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

I was in a nightclub with my friend Sadhbh and we ended up getting proper hammered. Two of us went to the toilet and when I was doing the biz I zoned out (as you do) and then took out my phone for no real reason. Saw that there was a text on it from Sadbh asking, "Where are u?"

I was like wtf?! How long have I been in here?! Did I drift off?! *cue panic*
    So I text back saying "I'm in the toilet still"

A few seconds later I hear her voice outside, "What are you talking about?! I know you're in the toilet. I came in with you"

I shout back through the door "You asked where I was!"

My poor confused friend... "Um I sent that to you when I lost you about an hour ago!"

So thick! :o

Texts are shocking handy eh? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

Just remembered a time my phone got me in trouble! I had been very good friends with X, who then went off to the States to do an internship at a college TV station.

After a falling out I was sitting with a mutual friend and we were having a bitch about girl X and how she probably thought she was mad famous and was convinced she would be an award winning newscaster some day, whatever! etc etc All very funny.

Just then I got a call from X, I didn't even think we had each others numbers anymore. What a coincidence!

Her: "Did you ring me?!"

Me: "Eh no, why would I be ringing you?!"

Her: "Oh, well it must have called me by accident with your phone unlocked in your pocket or something. Thought I'd let you know so you don't get a huge bill"

Me: "Nah I doubt that - thanks for telling me anyways. See ya now"

Turns out she had heard the whole conversation!! Seriously like, what are the chances?! Absolutely sickened.

It gets better - she's now a very successful well known TV presenter!

Joke's on us huh?! Thanks a bunch faulty Motorola keypad! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭Iron Hide

I used to keep my phone in the breast pocket of my school shirt, and of course teachers did not take kindly to phones ringing in class. So of course when i heard the jingle of the old polyphonic nokia message tune, i tried to pass it off as someone elses and protest my innocence. The lie worked and i got off scot free

The teacher called me up to her desk about 10 minutes later about some homework, i had forgotten my glasses and so had to lean over the desk to see what she was pointing out, next thing i know the phone's slid out of my pocket and crashed onto the desk. The cover bounced off and whatever way the battery fell out it tore half the connector strips with it.
    Teachers reaction was priceless "it sounds like crap and is rubbish quality, bit like your French Oral last summer!"

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭david75

My phone is my music player, i was once waiting on a lift, just put my headphones in when my ex i'd recently broken up with and his new beau appeared beside me waiting on the same lift , so i immediately pretended to be having a conversation on the phone through the little mic about my amazing plans for the weekend with much laughing and whatnot with whoever it wasn't on the end of the line...I carry it on into the lift and my phone actually rang in the middle of my 'coversation'. Pure hard Mortification. They both looked at me laughing and gave me the sad headshake of pity I deserved. I can laugh at this now, no, really i can.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭Mr Bloat

This isn't my story, it's my father-in-laws but if I win I'll give him the phone, I swear...

The names have been changed to protect the innocent.

Anyway, he does a lot of business with a company in the UK and he invited one of the managers of this company (let's call him Dave) to come over here with his wife and spend a few days with my in-laws in their holiday home. It turns out that Dave was an odd ball Mr Bean type character who not only had loads of mishaps during his stay but was also and extraordinarily boring man. My in-laws had a crap weekend with them and vowed never to have them over again.

A week or so later, while he was on a day off and driving somewhere with his wife, my father-in-law took a call from Dave. He had an integrated car kit in the car so the call was on loudspeaker. My father-in-law took an order and had a brief conversation with Dave and when they had said their goodbyes, my in-laws began a 3-4 minute tirade where they both ranted about what a gombeen Dave was, how his wife seriously needed to lose a few pounds and once or twice questioned how Dave and his wife had the wherewithall to procreate. Towards the end of their ranting, Dave's voice came mournfully out over the car kit speaker and simply said "I'm still here, you didn't hang up properly...".
    Seemingly it's a wonder my father-in-law didn't crash the car, not only from the fright he got but also with the clamber to hit the disconnect call button on the phone...

The thing is, my father-in-law still does business with this company and still deals with yer man but no mention of this incident was ever made.

:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

I dropped mine into one of those gas heater things, you know with the 3 panels on the front. Anyway I started screaming "my phone is on fire!" and my mam came running to the rescue. Thankfully it wasn't on fire but the cover (which I really liked by the way) melted. And my mam thought I was screaming my bum is on fire :o

Also, same phone, I had the death march as my ringtone and someone decided to ring ne in a hospital. Not the best of ringtones to have at that particular moment!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement