Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Win an iPhone4 thanks to 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

nokia_3210.jpg

It was FUNNY because it was huge

• Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

Years ago I had a Philips Savvy. It was a grand little phone in it's time.
    I took the kids fishing one day, and had my phone in my handbag.
    The kids were failing at catching any fish so I took the net and put it into the river. As I did my handbag came sliding down my arm and ended up in the river too......along with my phone :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,705 ✭✭✭BrookieD

after a night on the beer and feeling very merry i sent a sms to my wife along the lines
    " i love you, your so sexy, see you later...."

Woke up next morning with no reply... strange, called wife to see why no reply, and she told me no text was sent to her, Checked the sent items and sent it to her female cousin by mistake. Cue massive ribbing ever since. every bloody time i see her she comes over all flirty. As said cousin is the biggest messer i fear i will never live this one down.

lesson learned, no drink and texting

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

A few weeks ago I dropped my brand new HTC Desire into the toilet, after doing my business.

I immediately dived to get it out and did so pretty fast, dried it out and it still works YAY.

I don't think I had ever been so keen to stick my hands into the toilet before that.

And no it doesn't smell... :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭giggsy664

Well......
    I once dropped my phone while i was on a carnival ride. You know one of them huge ones? yeah.
    Surprisingly, when I picked it up, it still worked. It was just missing a side panel.

Also, diff phone. When I was in Florida, I went on The Hulk ride in Univerrsal, my phone fell out of my pocket :o
    I was lucky it just slid about the bottom of the carriage for the ride :pac:

• Advertisement

Was going to a festival in Leitrim, and the night before I shaved my beard into a handlebar moustache for the laugh, took a photo on my phone and sent it to one of my mates.

Fast forward to the 1st night of the festival and i lose my phone. End up asking at the security tent if anyone handed in a Motorola L6, and your man says "yeah, whats your number so i can check if its actually your phone?". I only get as far as 086....when he looks at the screen and sees my handlebar photo has been set as the wallpaper, bursts out laughing and hands me the phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Pudding11

While watching the Eurovision a few years ago, I was laughing very hard at how ridiculous one of the acts looked (and sounded!). My hand hit off the side of the couch causing my phone to literally bounce off it, onto the couch cushion and from there it sailed into the air and landed in my glass of wine which was sitting on the floor beside the couch! It landed so perfectly in the glass that it didnt even hit the sides! It never really worked well after that of course!:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Couldn't find my brand new Sony Ericsson years ago after a night on the beer. Woke up the next morning and it was there on the kitchen table. Asked my dad where he found it and said it was in the hedge just before you pull in to the drive. In my infinite wisdom with beer in me I put the phone in the hedge for safe keeping. In the middle of winter.

Also bought a new Samsung phone I think. Had spent the previous night with an ex andwrote a text to her the next day outling the night before. Wasn't used to the new phone and sent it to all my contacts. Luckily I had only about 20 contacts saved so far. Still though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭emc2

I sent a text to the person I was talking about in the text. I was living in a house with 4 girls and one of them was driving us all mental. So mental that me and one of the other had started talking about moving out to a 2 bedroom place... After a blazing morning row with the painful house mate I sent "Ok, I am in, I can't live with that B!tch anymore" and sent it to the "Painful House mate" instead of the person I want to send it too.....

Needless to say we found a nice 2 bed apartment shortly after that!

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭p15574

Sent a steamy text to the wife. Only I accidentally sent it to the wrong person. Out of all the people in the contact list, who did I send it to? Yup, her mother.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭lostdesign

I was out for a few pints one night a few years back and was in the middle of writing a text message when I received one and my phone began to vibrate, nothing sinister in that you say! At the exact same moment someone banged into my chair from behind making me loose grip of my phone, it slide out of my hand and straight into my pint which I had unfortunatley held between my legs, the perfect location for my phone to drop in!

The phone was fully submerged but I got it out in a flash, it spent a few nights in the hotpress and worked for a good few months after that but it was never the same! It didn't stop me finishing my pint though....

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭rorymcgrory

Meant to send a text to the missus asking her was she into meat hook sodomy and I sent it to my dad by mistake.

He replied, never tried it but I'll try anything once...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

Dropped a €600 phone into a bucket of water a few years ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

My old iphone was taken off me, as a volunteer at a show in Amsterdam on a stag. It was then wrapped in cling film and inserted into a nice young lady. She then asked one of my mates to ring me, but none of them had credit. Was a bizarre experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭john kinsella

I was in the car on my way home from work one day and the phoen rang. I answered it (back in the day it was kind of ok to talk without a handsfree). I was having a smoke at the time too. I saw a name come up on the phone beginning with F and thinking it was my girlfiend i answered and without letting her speak i started telling her of the lovely night i had planned for her including a nice bath for us, dinner and some steamy afters. After a minute or so i looked at the phone while juggling my smoke and saw it was my sister on the other end of the phone and not the girlfriend. I got such a shock i dropped the phone it bounced twice off the window before falling out onto the road going around 40mph. I went back for it dodging traffic to pick it up to find it in several pieces after a few cars ran over it. To this day i have never spoken to my sister about the incident.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭Thor

Few years back i topped up my phone by €30, Had about 39 altogether.

Went to make a phone call about an hour later and released i had accidentally called someone when i put the phone in my pocket and they had been on the phone for an hour. It was a home phone number which meant the line would stay active even if they hung up. Meaning i had to hang up for it to end!!!!

Funny thing is that the person who i rang was the person i was about to ring.

After i hung up in panic to check what credit was left........... I only had 10 cent remaining!!
    :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭ciaglen

I was on the dart and I seen a guy that I have really liked for ages getting on. I was really nervous so I pretended to be on the phone talking away for most of the journey. Next thing my phone rings and me pretending to be on it so the whole train knew I was talking to nobody I was so embarrassed I never got on the dart at that time again :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Astrobotty

It was our big night out at the end of secondary school and I hit it off with my friends cousin.
    We were talking for quite a while then hit the dance floor and started kissing.
    By the end of the night we decided to exchange numbers but for some reason instead of giving her my number, I gave her my phone.
    I put it in her handbag and she didnt notice until she was on her way home.
    It turns out she was leaving to spend 3 weeks in San Francisco the next day!
    I spent three weeks without my phone and telling everyone of my stupidity.... i think it was worth it!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

I was on a long phone call that would just never end and I was bursting for a piss. It got to the point that I was walking around the room and couldn't take it anymore so I decided to just head towards the bathroom.
    No urinals in this bathroom, so it was for the toilet itself... I basically had decided I was going to hang up and blame loss of signal, so I went for it and hung up in mid sentence and started to relieve myself.

Unfortunately I decided to place my phone on the cistern of the toilet and even more unfortunately the person on the other end was quick to ring me back.

Needless to say the vibration from the ringing sent my phone directly into the toilet full of bodily fluid.

I then had to flush the toilet and retrieve my phone. I took out the SIM card and threw the phone away.

And washed my hands. Like a million times.

FML

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭Dr. Dodger

A few years ago I went travelling around Asia, Oz the usual.. Had brought my phone with me as I had just bought it SIM Free and could use it then when I got to Australia and got a sim card. 3 months I carried it around in my back pack all over Thailand, through Vietnam up to China, South Korea. Eventually flew into Sydney at 3am, got the phone out, saw signal for the first time in months with my Irish Sim roaming and decided to take the opportunity to send a text home to say we'd arrived safely in Australia.

Got to our hostel, eyes in the back of our heads after the long flight and we snook into our dorm and I reached into my pocket to set an alarm for the next morning but just an empty pocket. There I was about 4am searching everywhere for my phone, trying to ring it from my g/friend's phone and nothing. Sent it a few texts saying if found etc and collapsed on the bed exhausted but completely gutted that I'd lost my new phone the minute I get to where it would be used!

Got up the next day and decided that I can't go without a phone while here so we went out and I bought a new phone. So a quick look around Sydney and a few stops to clothes shops for the missus, we take a stroll down to Sydney harbour to take in the famous view. It was just when we stopped to gaze at the Opera House that we realised we hadn't got the bag with us with my new phone in it! COMPLETE PANIC now and we retrace our steps. We come to the conclusion that my girlfriend left the bag in a changing room in one of the shops so we run back as fast as we can hoping for a bit of luck.

We arrive in the 3rd shop and we ask the girl behind the counter who produces the bag complete with new phone, sim card and all. The lovely woman had even rang the phone company and told them she had my new phone here if they could contact us which they did by email (unknownst to us).

The relief was unreal and we walked back to the hostel to rest after such an eventful morning and just before we reached our hostel, my girlfriend gets a call from the bus driver from the night before to say he found my phone and is dropping it into the hostel for me!!

So there we were in Sydney a day where I'd turned on my phone for the 1st time in 3 months, immediately lost the 1st one, bought a 2nd one, lost the 2nd one, found the 2nd one and found the 1st one! Opera house looked amazing the next day though! Took a picture with both my phones.. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭darcy07

years ago whilst in school had an old phone and it fell into the toilet and was soaken wet so i fished my hand in a public toilet dried it out with tissues still wouldnt work got home later that day. i was going to put it in the hot press to dry out mate told me to put it in the microwave ''he said same thing happened him'' so with that placed my phone in the microwave i was young and naive he said put it in for 2 mins after about 5 seconds a huge explosion happened in the kitchen i had made a bomb. looking back now its hilarious

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭donal666

My dad's not very tech savvy but it was funny when he complained that he couldn't change the tv stations but pressing the number buttons on his mobile - maybe I could give him the iPhone if I win!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

My phone once randomly played the theme song to Bosco at full volume during a job interview.

I cried.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭yesno1234

Went for a drive and left my phone on the roof needless say i never seen it again.

Years ago I had a really old Siemens phone. I can't even remember what make it was. The aerial fell out one day so the only way I could get reception was by placing a nail in that socket. So to make a phonecall I would have the phone to my ear, with a finger placed on the nail twiggling it around to get the best reception. Needless to say, weird looks anytime I answered the phone/made a call.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 776 ✭✭✭sellerbarry

Driving to work one morning on the M50, I looked over to my left and there was this woman in a Jaguar doing at least 70 mph with her face up next to her rear view mirror putting on her mascara. I looked away for a couple seconds and then the next thing I knew was she was careering all over my lane.
    It scared me so badly that I dropped my electric shaver into my coffee, and it spilled all over my mobile phone.';)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,925 ✭✭✭th3 s1aught3r

One bright morning I was having a shave in the bathroom. My four year old son was in the bath splashing around and enjoying himself. I looked over and to my horror I saw him with my phone, chatting away, then dropping the phone into the soapy water and laughing.
    "What are you dddoooing with that" I struggled the words out
    "I am washing it for you daddy" came the happy reply :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,661 ✭✭✭General Zod

I used to have an old bulky 088 nokia in the late 90's. it was quite big. I had it in the pocket of a pair of tightish jeans with some change.

I was sitting on the bus, when the phone started to ring, it was on silent and vibrate, which started rattling against the change in my pocket. I got some funny looks from the person next to me to see me trying to jam my hand into my pocket to grab a big vibrating bulge.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,775 ✭✭✭Fittle

It was 2002 and I was heavily pregnant - I couldn't sleep and couldn't eat as I had dreadful heartburn for nine months. I'd taken to drinking Gaviscon by 'the neck', and usually had a bottle beside me at every meal time.

It was 3am however, and I couldn't sleep and was sitting on my couch watching Ireland play in some world cup match in Saipan. So I poured the Gaviscon into a pint glass beside me and was sipping away.

And lo and behold my phone fell into the glass of gaviscon...I remember bringing it back to the shop the next day, all pink and sticky and asking them if there was anything they could do...I'd say the salesman is still laughing at me:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭Le King

I got my first phone about 10 years ago. I was the first in my class to have one. I brought it in for show and tell. I put the phone on the table and had previously prepared, with my mother. a little speech to explain simple things about the phone. I picked the phone up in my right hand and turned it on. It electrocuted me slightly, then proceeded to burn in my hand with a tiny flame. The screen burned right off and the buttons were destroyed. The battery was melting into my hand, then in a second it stopped. All of this happened before I said a word. I told the class it was a magic trick. They all stood up and applauded. They were amazed. I remember my teacher looking at me in distraught. My teacher didn't know whether to applaud or be horrified. My hand really hurt as I was only 10 years old, but I earned the respect of my peers that day. Needless to say my mother brought the phone back to the Vodafone shop she bought it from the next day.

I still have a slight mark on my hand where the plastic melted from the phone melted into my hand. But I'd say I looked so cool that day. It hurt a lot but I'd say it was worth it :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement