Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Win an iPhone4 thanks to 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,756 ✭✭✭Raoul

Not very funny.

But I went to bed one night and had a glass of water lying beside my bed and I was texting away but started to get sleepy. So I just dropped my phone out of the side of the bed and went to lovely dreamy nighty snoozey snooze land.

Only to wake up and go for a drink of water to find that I had a lovely wet phone lying in my glass of water. :mad:

Good end though is popped it in the hot press and woo good as new and very clean. Nokia 3210 - what a phone!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭yeahme

A bit of a long un,
    My old boss (Paddy name changed) would not be the most technically minded people in the world,
    using a remote control for de telly is a challenge never mind the mobile phone...

Anyway finished work at about six one day and we decided to go for a few scoops, as you do like, we got to the bar and there was about six or seven of us there having the craic, and after a couple of quick pints Paddy's phone rings, its his missus, telling him to come home for his dinner, yeah yeah no bother, I'm coming he says, at that stage another round was called,

Now as we all know, when in a round and you squelch you'll be talked about for the next week about how much of a tight ar$€ you are, so he had to wait until the next round before he could go, 1/2 hour later, ring ring ring, phone goes off,
    this time shes DEMANDING him to come home, Paddy's a wee bit tipsy at this stage and he keeps saying yeah, yeah yeah I'm coming I'm coming, and leaves his phone down on the counter, then he starts telling us how he's not allowed out for any fun on his own, and she's like a ball and chain around the neck etc. and if any of us young lads had any sense, we shouldn't get married at all. Only then Barry(one of the boys there) looks down and sees the phone is still lighting and he picks it up, ah boss ya didn't turn off the phone, "I HEARD EVERYTHING" was the scream from the other end.

10 mins later we're still laughing, and paddy is still looking a bit mithered, the music is changing in the old jukebox and all is quiet, except for our laughing when the door bursts open, all of us go quiet as herself walks up to paddy and slams a plate in front of him, TAKE YOUR TIME she roars, and walks out.
    Paddy sitting there still a bit mithered and tipsy just looks up to johnny the barman and says, " I suppose you wouldn't have a knife and fork there handy, she mushta forgot to pack them".

Note:
    Names have been changed to protect the innocent of this story.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,358 ✭✭✭bladespin

Came home after a work Xmas party a little the worse for wear, thought I'd be ever such a good boy and put a wash on before I went to bed, woke up the next morning only to find my phone in my trouser pocket, in the washing machine :( sparkling clean but not working.

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭tennessee time

used to work selling phones. We had a lady come in one day and purchase a phone,,,, she dropped her old one in a toilet , shes a janitor). so we sold her one, next day shes back. i ask her whats up she looks me straight in the eye and says, i dropped my phone in the toilet again.

im thinking ok, no warranty but ill see what i can do right. she says, oh it worked for a bit and well i was trying to let it dry ( which according to her boyfriend works) but i got bored of waiting. So i put it in the microwave, but dont worry, I took the battery off,.

So im trying to leep a straight face, and I tell her, I dont think that was a very good thing to do. She says , again TOTAL serious face,
    " But it dries out my socks?"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 JimRichardson

I was coming home from a night out in a taxi. When the taxi pulled up outside my house I got out with my phone in my hand and dropped it. The taxi just had to pulled up right beside a gutter and my phone promptly fell through the grate and into the "you know what" flowing down it.

I quickly ran into my house and grabbed a plastic bag, put it over my hand and reached down into the gutter to try and retrieve my phone. Needless to say I never found the phone and to add insult to injury.... there was a hole in the bag!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭davehey79

i went to the very forst Oxygen ( think was Witness at the time ) went to a party at the beach after the nights music was over drank copious amounts of vodka and other spirits. Conked out and woke the next morning on a golf course face down, in a hoop and all i could here was my alarm goin off and found my phone in the hole of the 18th green !!!! i swear to this day i have no knowledge of how i got there or with who or why but at least me fone woke me !!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Overature

Sitting on the jaxx one day and my phone slipped out of my pocket and into the bowl. didn't notice until after i flushed. damn and it was a nice phone too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Carl Sagan

I was at a party in my friends house about a year ago and at some point I had lost my phone. I called it a few times but there was definitely no chance of hearing it so I left it for the night, assuming I'd find it in the morning (if someone hadn't taken it). The next morning I'm ringing it and we can faintly hear it somewhere. After searching for hours, we narrowed it down to being in or around the fridge somewhere but by this time we couldn't hear it anymore. I looked under the fridge and all around it but it was no where to be found, so I gave up looking for it thinking I was just hearing things.

A couple of days later my friend walks into the sitting room holding a tub of butter in his hand with a corner of my phone sticking out of it. Turns out someone must have melted the butter stuck it in and put it back in the fridge.

Never found out who did but my phone's still half working.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭xxkarenxx

I dropped my new phone in mud then had a blonde moment and rinsed it under the tap to clean it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭rurz23

I was out one night with my friends and one of them took my phone, hit the last call number and told the person that i loved them. unfortunately for me it was my girlfriend's dad who was not very impressed at being rang at 2.30 on a saturday night to be told that i was in love with him. he came down and collected his daughter and told me as a half joke/threat (i'm not sure which) that i'd have to choose between him and his daughter, as they were not that sort of family!!

i had a security code on the phone from then on!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭couerdelion

I was in Italy sorting out a few things and on the Sunday afternoon wandered down to the beach cafe for a few sociable beers albeit by myself.

After imbibing for a few hours I needed the toilet so off I went, phone in hand as I had my shorts on (no pockets) and didn't want to leave it on the table. I put it along with my wallet on the back of the loo whilst I relieved myself. Mid flow it fell off the top of the toilet into the bowl and I couldn't stop myself from peeing on top of it.

I pulled the phone out and went home. The phone was not working but I had a drunken plan. Heat dries things out and there was an oven in the house. So I got home, took the sim out, and put the phone in the oven for 1 hour on a low setting.

Believe it or not this worked and the phone came back to life. I was so excited I put the sim back in and phoned my wife to tell her how clever I was. Mid call I went outside for some air only to slip over the door mat and launch the phone over the veranda wall onto a tile surfaced below where the screen smashed and the phone was well and truly stuffed.

I had to wait till the following day to use a pay phone to call my wife back who was worried I'd been followed home from the bar and been mugged.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭coloneldecker

Phone slipped out of my hand and I tried to break its fall with my foot but not having the most delicate touch I basically just volleyed it into the wall destroying it. Poor thing, it never stood a chance!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,964 ✭✭✭Sitec

Was in the shower and heard my mobile ring, decided i'l wait til im finished and ring them back.

My phone had no voice mail on it so it rand for about 30 seconds and then i heard "Splash".! It vibrated of the top of the toilet into the bowl.:o

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭brennarr

When I was on the toilet with my original iphone 2g browsing the internet to pass the time I put down the iphone down on my pants to "clean up". When I pulled up my trousers I heard a big PLOP only to my horror that my iphone got thrown from my pants to the toilet when I pulled up my trousers.:eek: It was a sad day!

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭Rich1691

My story happened last May on one of those scorching hot days leading up to the Leaving Cert...
    Myself and two friends were studying in the library and decided to go for lunch in the topaz over the road.
    After savaging down a hot chicken roll and a bottle of orange juice (strange combo...I know :p) we were crossing the straight road along by the river lee and my friend's phone fell out of his pocket.

We were running across because of heavy lunchtime traffic and by the time we got to the other side he realised his phone was out in the middle of the road!
    It had landed on the white line between two lanes heading towards the city direction and traffic was relatively busy...
    First car passes...misses the phone by a bit
    Second car spins the phone and somehow doesnt smash it to pieces!:confused:
    There wasn't much that could be done as traffic was moving pretty fast so we were just stranded on the footpath watching as cars passed by...

Third vehicle was one of those red minibuses and was of course changing lanes! drove right over the phone without touching it!:eek:

The friend managed to retrieve the phone after that, not a scratch on the thing! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭Appleguy

Down the loo with a poo!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 traceyarts

ha ha if u dont win that phone theres something wrong!! ha

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭Bizzi Lizzy

adamski8 wrote: »
    well this is a true story,,, I used to work selling phones. We had a lady come in one day and purchase a phone,,,, she dropped her old one in a toilet 9 shes a janitor). so we sold her one, next day shes back. i ask her whats up she looks me straight in the eye and says, i dropped my phone in the toilet again. im think ok, no warranty but ill see what i can do right. she says, oh it worked for a bit and well i was trying to let it dry ( which according to her boyfriend works) but i got bored of waiting. So i put it in the microwave, but dont worry, I took the battery off,. So im trying to leep a straight face, and I tell her, I dont think that was a very good thing to do. She says , again TOTAL serious face,
    used to work selling phones. We had a lady come in one day and purchase a phone,,,, she dropped her old one in a toilet , shes a janitor). so we sold her one, next day shes back. i ask her whats up she looks me straight in the eye and says, i dropped my phone in the toilet again.

im thinking ok, no warranty but ill see what i can do right. she says, oh it worked for a bit and well i was trying to let it dry ( which according to her boyfriend works) but i got bored of waiting. So i put it in the microwave, but dont worry, I took the battery off,.

So im trying to leep a straight face, and I tell her, I dont think that was a very good thing to do. She says , again TOTAL serious face,

You two must have worked together, you even have the same spelling mistakes :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 Siejiang

One of my Chinese friends sent me a message in Chinese, my Nokia 6300 doesn't support Chinese characters unfortunately, so all I could read was a number of squares on the screen....
    It was Chinese New Year's time so I guess he's probably saying something like 'Happy new year', then I copy n paste those squares, add an exclamation mark at the end, sent him back.
    'Thanks!' he replied, a few minutes later, in English! Brilliant:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,160 ✭✭✭✭banshee_bones

Had my Nokia 6300 for about 18 months, one night, out drinking went into toliet and put handbag on sistern and my phone rang, took it out and as it was on vibrate it slipped right out of my hand and it to the bowl (fresh bowl thankgod!!)

dried it out that night and it lived! I really didnt think it would! so the next week I was out at a foam party and lost my phone in the foam!

the next day I got accepted to a masters up in Dublin and had no phone to ring and tell anyone the great news that I had to leave Galway ASAP! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭eamon234

I accidentally spilled curry powder on my phone - still works fine but every time I make or receive a call I still get the distinct whiff of Vindaloo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

Had phone in pocket was annoyed in work and let a shout and kind of thumped my leg, crack goes the phone, went and bought the same phone again. :s

• Registered Users Posts: 7,094 ✭✭✭pauldry

It got buried in my cats fur and when I rang it the cat jumped the phone flew and hit my wife in the face.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭OwlsZat

Back in the Nokia years when everyone had a 3210 or 3310 I went out with two friends for a days boating. I'm from Valentia Island, in sunny south west Kerry so boating was as good as it got! Off we went raced a couple of miles down from the harbour, where our genius captain decided to cut the engine so we can gently float and admire the scenery!

Within about a minute the desire for speed got hold of us again. So the ignition key was turned but this time engine remained silent! At this stage we realised that the tide wanted us back on dry land, so our captain and sole engineer got busy disconnecting the outboard connections. I was standing in the middle of the boat at this point bemused by the whole thing, and simply smitten texting on my brand new 3310. Our captain at this stage begins to slowly pull away at the starter cord. Then all of a sudden, wallop!

He gives the cord a mighty pull only to slip backwards, his elbow makes full contact straight into my elbow. My 3310 travels in what feels like slow motion about 10 feet into the air. It hits the water completely vertical and slips into the water without even a splash. At is torpedoes down through the shallows its back-light remains on showing its position as it comes to rest on the sea bed! Within the next two seconds captain fantastic has his top off and is launching himself baywatch style straight in after it! He comes back to the surface phone in hand with a big smile on his face holding his soggy trophy aloft.

The engine did start shortly afterwards, probably karma from his successful rescue mission. However the phone despite lots of hot press drying never functioned again! I guess water damage is water damage and normally means the end of the road! Still will never forget the day and the hilarious turn of events. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 floodser14

my mate dropped my iphone 3gs into his pint while taking a picture in a club in town haha funny at the time, not so funny when i woke up

• Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭gebbel

With my phone in my pocket and the keypad not locked, I accidentally and unknowingly dialled my Mum at 3am in the morning.....I was merry after a night out!

I had been talking to a buddy of mine about a girl I fancied, and some of the things I said about her (or even what I would like to do to her!) were all all overheard!

10 years later and my Mum is still shocked and has not let me forget about it!

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭Mits

Went to the pub with my friends. A couple of hours later my Dad came into the and told me I had phoned the house for the last hour. He gave me some slagging about the conversation he overheard.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

I was on a beautiful tropical beach in Kenya one summer and decided to go on a boat trip and snorkelling session. I had a bag with me and my lovely new pink Motorola razr in it (to keep it safe). My whole time on the boat the phone stayed safe and dry and I was well pleased with myself. I was lying there in my bikini thinking I was so hot and when we arrived back to shore I got up grand and stepped off the boat into the sea. Legs went completely jelloid, my knees buckled, leaving me to land on my ass in the water. The sailor lads were laughing at me, my poor phone in my bag got soaked. I took it out and this passing Kenyan fella goes (in the robot voice) "Hello Moto!" It was so bizarre. Had to leave the open phone on a rock in the Kenyan sun to try and fix it. It went totally rusty though :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Had the lend of a 3310 some time last year. Was out one night (drunk) and had no credit so went into a phonebox to make a call home for a drive. Took out the phone, got the number and put it on top of the payphone while making the call. After hanging up walked straight across the road to the chipper and home I went.
    Only when I got home did I realise I left it sitting up on the phone and was sure it would be taking. Next day around 12/1 pm went back down to the phonebox and there it was still up on top.

Phone was so old I dont think it was in anyones interest to take it lol

Also had a 5100 Builders phone that I used to lob it off a wall (not hard) and boast to my mates about it. One day I dropped it no more than 2 feet onto a wooden floor and it went into pieces. Screen broke along with the speaker. Was so sickened.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭Conar

Its been done so many times but I guess mine would be when I saw an old school friend out and about but didn't want to talk so pretended to be on the phone on the way by, only for it to start ringing as I passed him. :o

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement