Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Win an iPhone4 thanks to 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭LightningBolt

Driving along and had the window down talking on the phone, dog ran out in front of me so had to slam on the breaks. Cue the phone flying out of my hand and smashing as the dog decided to pee against a tree on the opposite side of the road tail wagging.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭hidinginthebush

Once I was sitting down on the jacks with my phone in my hoodie pocket, when I stood up to flush, the phone fell out of my pouch and into the bowl. Unfortunately, I had already flushed, and in no way was going to stick my hand in after it. So I went out the back garden, opened up the drain cover where the toilet run-off flows through, and lo and behold, there was my (now stinking) phone.

So I took it inside the house and ran it under the tap - I was under no illusions that it was beyond saving. The next day I went into the phone shop to get a new one (bringing my now clean, but useless, old phone with me for the sake of the sim card). So I told the guy behind the counter that I wanted a new phone, sim-free, the old one got water damaged. Picked one out, then the nice man offered to switch the sim from my old phone into the new one for my. I couldn't resist, and the conversation that followed was priceless:

Him (fiddling with phone): "So what happened to the old phone anyway?"
    Me: "Ah just got a bit wet"
    H (taking sim out): "Yeah? How?"
    M: "Well I was on the jacks and (explained the full story to him)"
    H (now disgusted): "... could you not have told me that BEFORE I started handling the bloody thing!?!?"
    M: "I considered it man, but this is just too funny!"

Me and the other lads working there all broke our hearts laughing, ah to be a young pr!ck again!

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭gills2

my poor phone was attacked by a flock of marauding sheep late one evening. One of them decided to try and eat it but spat it out after a few minutes - never worked again:( It's predecessor went to 'sleep with the fishes' after a disasterous fishing trip - not very lucky with my phones when it comes to animals I think...

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭Tomtata

3 Guys tried to Mug me on my way home from town (Dublin) one evening - Was fairly pissed so didn’t pay much attention I proceeded to take out my phone (A Nokia N90 - It was like a brick) and smack one of them across the head.

Suffice to say it worked, they ran off, one of them with a very sore head.

Had a good laugh about it the next day :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭doohan

while sending out random bluetooth messages to others phones, a married couple got the messages and proceed to beat 7 bells out of one another after accusing each other of cheating...(as the text messages were very saucy!!)

My god did I laugh my ass off at that while they did it right there and then...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

So I was going out with my now ex-girlfriend(caroline) for about 3 years, i got a funny feeling that it might be her birthday in June or July. I decided to text my cousin(carmel), who remembers everything, to ask her when was my girlfriends birthday. Needless to say their names were right beside each other in the phonebook.
    This is where my perfect plan went all wrong. I selected the girlfriends number, hit send, then frantically searched for the cancel send button, pulled out the battery, but it didn't work. Nervously switched back on the phone....to receive the reply,'you're such an idiot'.:o
    She got a big present in July that year!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 ferdiaob

I got in late one night and was fit for nothing but bed. I groggily put my phone on the window.

The next day when I got up, my eyes where fused closed, we've all been there. I blindly got up and opened the window, and about 5 to 10 seconds later, I heard a small crashing sound.

I eventually rubbed my eyes back into use, and looked at the window. No phone. I looked out the window, and there, 4 floors down, in about 100 pieces, was my phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,878 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I sat on my phone during a work dinner :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

Someone put a picture of a cracked iPhone screen on it and when my friend handed my phone back to me, instantly dropped it in shock. I only had my iPhone a week at this stage... I actually cried... I was never as mad with anyone in my life!

• Registered Users Posts: 11 GGGareth

Every night I get home from a night out I always give my mum a text to let her know I'm home safe and all that. Instead one night after a bit of a filthy fling I was quite drunk and still feeling, well, passionite. I sent a photo bits to be mum instead of my new, 'friend'.

the next morning. "You've not just got your dads grey hair"(The hair on my head mind you).

The shame.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Bill-e

Another down the toilet one:

Taking a dump at Electric Picnic this year.

Rested my phone in my jocks while doing my bidness.

Anyway, long storey short... after pull up my pants I could feel my phone wedged between my crack. Pulled down the pants to ge to the phone and notice it's actually held between my cheeks :eek:
    Leaned round to retrieve it... and it falls out.

It was in arms reach. But I thought it best to just write that down as a lesson learned. Poor HTC Hero...

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭thisisadamh

My friend taught me how to climb a tree by taking my brand new phone and putting it at the top of the tree and then telling me I have to go fetch it.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 stevendcarroll

had an oldish phone but it was pretty indestructable, so i used to use it like a ball to throw back and forth between people, we were on the grass on eyre square one day and i kinda purposly (to show its indestructablity) threw it way too far and it kinda hopped a little then landed about 3 meters away from a hobo who picked it up and tried to run away with it, after a few mins of argueing he gave it back! lost it at oxegen this summer though and wasn't as fortunate!

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭sonic.trip

I was cycling home one night after a few pints in the pub when I had my Nokia N95 in my jumper pocket. I was about two minutes from my house when I heard something fall out of my pocket. As I was still cycling, I looked behind to see my phone on the ground a few metres behind me on the road. I stopped and went to cycle back to it as quick as I could as there was no cars on the road.

Then I noticed a line of three cars coming up the road, the first one missed my phone, the second one skimmed it slightly, and the third one, a taxi-drove straight over it. It bounced about a foot in the air and went all over the road.

I picked up about 6 different pieces of it, the leather case, cover, phone, battery etc.

I was so so pissed off. I put it all back together, the screen was smashed and the clips off my leather case too.

I replaced the screen myself, got a new cover, and the phone is still working perfectly to this very day :)

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭sausages79

When I bought my first phone as a student in 1998 and called my only other friend who had a mobile back then he said he would txt me later!!! I laughed at him saying this txting would never take off and not to be stupid and call me......oh how I was wrong!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 SuchALiar

Went on a night out, a very drunken night out, and lost my phone, presumably left in the taxi or in the pub.
    I then went home for the weekend, thinking my phone was lost forever, and bought a new one.
    I came back to college that Sunday and found my phone wrapped up in a wet towel at the bottom of my shower.

Still a mystery.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 dindatwin

Well,I was lucky enough to get into bed with a girl I liked for ages and just as we started kissing my phone went off because I got a text message. The girl got to the phone before me and read the text, 'did you 'bed' (he used another word that's not safe for the post) her yet??!!haha' She read it, turned to me, slapped me as hard as she could and told me to leave. Me walking out of her house brought a whole new meaning to the term, 'walk of shame'!
    On a side note, I told the 'friend' that text what happened and he couldn't stop laughing. I really have some great friends!:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭elmer

having the language option changed to hebrew was the worst. I also had someone change the phone so it answered straight to speaker phone. that was kinda loud ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭lmimmfn

emmm, i was in the toilet( cubicle ) at work going about my business and heard someone talking, thought nothing of it but it went on for a few minutes. could still hear it and thought it was strange and was wondering where it was coming from, took out my phone and even though it was on phone lock, "112" was dialed on it( which with 999 is the only number possible to dial when a phone is locked ) and there was someone on the other side going "Hello", "is everything alright?" for the past few mins :eek:

Half expecting the fire brigade to be busting the door down any second, i rather quickly got my act together and legged it. I was freaked until i got clear of the toilet area lol

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Siog-Alainn

I once dropped my poor phone in a bowl of melted icecream. Goes without saying drink was involved. And funnily enough, melted icecream is possibly the thing I hate most in the world, yet I didn't seem to care at the time!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 markedone

well, what had happened was that i was on holidays at a lake beside my uncles home, my friend just recently bought a bike then and for some reason he gave it to me for a spin, i dont remember why, i must have given him something in trade like a tenner, and for some reason i decided it'd be fun to drive it into the lake, i got to about my chest and swam off the bike, i started going back around so's i could sneak past my friend and drive off or something, and i was going through some weeds and my friend later told me that i just had shouted "AAAWWW ****" as a stick pocked into my pocked and i felt my blackberry press against me... i felt so disconnected back then, at least there was rice to my relief...

also, when i set a password on my blackberry it gives the options to unlock, cancel, or emergency which dials 112, and the phone itself can be unlocked normally at the press of a 1*2cm button at the top of the phone, so i proudly tell my friends my phone has never unlocked itself, it has called for mountain rescue while i was at my desk but never unlocked itself

• Registered Users Posts: 17 ironpool24

Last Christmas I was out St. Stephen's Night in the local nightclub after having probably one (or three) too many drinks. I was queuing for the bathroom for ages as is always the way on big nights out when I met an old schoolfriend I hadn't seen in ages. Her phone was dead and she couldn't get in touch with her best friend and asked to borrow my phone to call her. I agreed no problem of course and gave her my phone as I made a dash for the loo! I came back out, washed my hands and she gave the phone back to me. I stupidly left the phone down on the sink and went to dry my hands and then proceeded out into the nightclub again without my phone! The night finished messily in a lock-in in a nearby pub and finished in a house-party in a house in town. Only the next morning, did I realise I was without phone and had to get the guy I had scored that night to text my mother to say I was okay and I would be home later (was last winter with all the ice - so transport was difficult)!! Needless to say, when I got home that afternoon, had to invent an elaborate story and how I lost my phone and how I didn't come home!! And of course, had to splash out on a new phone soon afterwards, its impossible to live without them!! Good story tho!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭Kingkong

One very drunken night me and my phone got separated unknown to me at the time. I was 16 and drunk whenI got by the Gardai with drink which I quickly dropped and ran.

Conversation next morning:
    Dad: Where is your phone I couldn't get through to you last night.
    Me: I left it in a friends
    Dad: Really because Rathfarnham Gardai station rang me at 2.00 am this morning saying they have your phone.
    Me: Oh Bo***x!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

I was in college the other day listening to the radio on my crappy old nokia phone. It was in my cardigan pocket, and as I stood up, my phone fell out of my pocket and into the toilet, as it was hitting the sides of the bowl, it felt as if in slow motion, I grabbed the wire from my earphones, and saved my phone from a watery death. It was quite a ninja moment I have to admit.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭NoQuarter

131167.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Markom5a

was walking cool and collected down the library steps in college when my phone went off as i reached into my pocket to answer it i saw a girl i knew (and quite liked) anyway being a member of the male sex i am unable to multi task so trying to answer the phone,while waving and decending stairs resulted in me lying in an embarrassed heap at the end of the first flight of stairs and my phone falling 2 storeys and narrowly missed killing someone!

the good news was my phone survived the bad news my dignity didnt............

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 837 ✭✭✭denballs

well this story involves the original iphone, alot of vodka and a very large knife............i know .....bad combination!

we were all at my friends house for a party and talking about an upcoming trip to italy.......one of my friends asked me if he could use the my iphone to call the italian hotel to check if they had internet access.......i said ok but dont be long the charges to italy are dreadful {i was,nt with 3 at the time} ......... he tod me shut up moaning ........so i said if your long ill shove your head in the freezer {he was getting ice at the time}.........i left the kitchen and totally forgot about it till he asked me...weres your phone.......i asked him ..oh yeah were is it ....he didnt tell me so i started seaching the kitchen .........he started doing that thing that people do when your ooking for somthing that they have hidden..saying your freezing....your warm now....etc.........then when i opened the fridge he said your warm its freezing {pointing to the freezer...... i pulled out a block off ice inside a large plastic bag which had a small waterproof sandwhich bag inside it containing my phone....in a panic i grabbed a very long knife {about 7 inches} deciding to try cut the ice away some how i raised the knife above my head and stabbed the center of the ice block.......unfortunately the ice was only hard on the surface and had not frozen through....the knife whent through the ice and into my screen and sent freezing water all over my trousers.......everyone else then came out {hearing my friends very loud laughter} they all thought hed smashed my phone , id pissed my pants and was going to kill him with the knife.

.................................THE END......................................

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭marko93

Funniest Moment
    Hmm im gonna go with, sometimes my phone changes the message yar viewing and when you click reply you dont notice...
    i was texting my girlfriend
    And i was writing a text about the weekend im going to spend with her and all those lovely(slightly erotic details)
    i get a reply from my manager..
    "Thanks, i look forward to our weekend toghther ;) But on a serious note we have training tomorrow for cup match on Sunday"

I never lived it down ;_;

• Registered Users Posts: 3,253 ✭✭✭shano_88

I got a new phone and it fell and broke. I cried, other people laughed, I cried some more. Its hard to talk about it really.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33 Xander

I think the worst thing "mobile related" that happened to me is my wee brother changing the ringtone on my mobile to "uncle f*cka" from the south park movie and it going off during Sunday Mass (the fact that it was on Sunday does seem to make it worse, and I think my brother might have been the one who rang me :().
    Oh, the stares - it took the whole of the first verse for me to realise it was *my* mobile and most of the chorus to turn it off.
    Mass literally stopped (seriously, no kidding), stern stares from the priest and various older folk, and Mum didn't talk to me for a week. <shame>

Can laugh about it now though! lol! I remember a week after someone asking if I'd heard about the eejit at mass the week before - I just smiled and nodded lol!

I turn off the mobile everytime I go now.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement