Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Retailers of Electrical Appliances

Options
  • 12-10-2010 8:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭

I moved house and in the past few months bought a new fridge, washing machine, dryer, and double oven from DID, Currys and Powercity.

I am satisfied with all of them, including the delivery service provided. Both DID and Powercity have good websites and a number to call re enquiries. I knew the washing machine model (a new one) I wanted. Although it wasn't listed on the DID website, when I called I was told they could add it onto their website and I could buy online the next day saving me a trip to the store.

Powercity has an efficient call back service. I had problem with the installation of the new oven as I needed extra support in the designated cabinet. Powercity had a contractor call me back the same day and he arrived at my house that evening to measure up etc. He was extremely professional and explained what was needed, and returned the following day with the material to install. I am extremely pleased with his work.

Curry online directs you to the UK website. I bought a large fridge that is not stocked by the other retailers. Delivery could not be confirmed at the time of purchase, and instead of asking me to call the store landline (which often rings out) , the young salesman gave me his mobile no. and said he'd personally follow up on the delivery date. When I called it was his day off but he called me back and said he'd arrange delivery - and he did! Now, that is good service.
    Failed to load the poll.

Advertisement