Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pierse Construction applies for examinership

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,978 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

poconnor16 wrote: »
    Oh complete crowd of gangsters!! Read on...

When the receivership was announced, we had a letter put through the door from Pierse to change the direct debit details as soon as possible to this 'new' account. Being suspicious I didn't and tried to contact them, no answer. Then the receiver contacted us with the correct new account details. Pierse were trying to do us out of a months rent - unreal.:eek:

Seeing as we have no way really of getting that deposit back, our plan was to not pay our last month, go into arrears, live there for the last month and they can then keep the deposit. Usually a landlord cannot evict you without a high court order in this instance, which would take longer than a month. However, Pierse included an extra part in our lease, written in bold, that if rent was late, they can enter the property after 7 days of it being late.....

i.e. they knew over a year ago they were going down the potty and still rented the house to us and took off with our money.

A horrible crowd of people, no pity for any of them. My pity is for the many people they have conned. How in the name of god does this country let this happen???:confused:

This is extraordinary, I wonder did you inform the receivers? as for the clause Pierse put in the contract, Its not worth the paper it's written on and as for them being permitted to enter your property, completely outrageous. It is clear Pierse had some interesting agenda's at play. The House clearly is no longer the property of Pierse and is in fact under the control of the receivers. I am curious, are you still occupying he property? if so, i would stay put and throw the rental agreement in the bin. As long as you continue to pay rent and are still in the lease period, its a brave landlord who would try and evict. Just to be very clear, Pierse had no legal right to enter your property without your written or agreed consent, Jesus I knew this company were the lowest of the low but this is a new low. Incidentally, i would also keep a hold of that correspondence re Pierse seeking to alter direct debit mandates, i am sure the receivers would be very interested in same. As it is the Directors are being investigated.

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭poconnor16

We are still there yes, our lease is until March 22. We were going to 'not pay' the last rent installment and stay there for the month. But that clause worried me.
    Pierse have breached the agreement so many times. They have entered the property on numerous occasions without our consent to carry out 'repairs'. I pulled them on this and they denied it? Yeah because the big muddy footprints going through my hall are from my 2 kittens. They were supposed to maintain the backgarden - they cut the grass once. I could go on.....
    We told the receiver about that letter we received from Pierse, but they didn't seem too interested, just told us to ignore it. I'm still reluctant to stay there for the last month and not pay rent/surrender our deposit. I dont like the idea of having to look over my shoulder. God knows who has keys to the place at this stage.
    I feel sorry for anyone who bought houses in the estate too. Its all been left in a very 'unfinished' state. The whole back of the estate is a construction site, just left there for kids to go in and hurt themselves etc..

We are still there yes, our lease is until March 22. We were going to 'not pay' the last rent installment and stay there for the month. But that clause worried me.
    Pierse have breached the agreement so many times. They have entered the property on numerous occasions without our consent to carry out 'repairs'. I pulled them on this and they denied it? Yeah because the big muddy footprints going through my hall are from my 2 kittens. They were supposed to maintain the backgarden - they cut the grass once. I could go on.....
    We told the receiver about that letter we received from Pierse, but they didn't seem too interested, just told us to ignore it. I'm still reluctant to stay there for the last month and not pay rent/surrender our deposit. I don't like the idea of having to look over my shoulder. God knows who has keys to the place at this stage.
    I feel sorry for anyone who bought houses in the estate too. Its all been left in a very 'unfinished' state. The whole back of the estate is a construction site, just left there for kids to go in and hurt themselves etc..

You have absolutely nothing to fear, hold the last months rent, indeed i would be encouraging you to with hold more than this. I wondered have any other residents on the estate faced similar problems. Pierse attempted a fraud by their actions regarding the rent, receivers are court appointed officials and it would seem to me pierses actions attempted to obstruct the court appointed receiver. You mentioned your talking to threshold whom i am sure will offer better advice but i have no doubt you were treated appalling by this horrid company who have quite simply destroyed the lives of many sub contractors.

Finally, i wondered had a new rent agreement/lease been drawn up? technically you are in limbo regarding tenacy.

Thank you to all for your advice.

At first we panicked and were going to cut our loss.....but 1100 euro is a lot of money to us (and most others) so why the hell should we pay for Pierse and their negligence?:mad:

I plan on with holding the last month of rent and staying put until the month is over. There was a clause put in the contract to say that the landlord can reclaim the property by entering if rent is late by 7 days - bull ****. They need an eviction order which would take months to get via PRTB and then the courts. Besides, I would be shocked if the receivers were organised enough to have a copy of our contract..

So I am being defiant and staying there. I am nervous, as I've never broke a speed limit not to mind say a contract.

They know we are due to move out end of March so I am not sure what to do regarding them wanting to allow people in to view for possible letting? Do I just say it is not convenient and fob them off?

I am still secretly worried that they will enter the house and steal my cats but I swear if they do I will hunt them down and.....:mad::mad::mad:

At first we panicked and were going to cut our loss.....but 1100 euro is a lot of money to us (and most others) so why the hell should we pay for Pierse and their negligence?:mad:

I plan on with holding the last month of rent and staying put until the month is over. There was a clause put in the contract to say that the landlord can reclaim the property by entering if rent is late by 7 days - bull ****. They need an eviction order which would take months to get via PRTB and then the courts. Besides, I would be shocked if the receivers were organised enough to have a copy of our contract..

So I am being defiant and staying there. I am nervous, as I've never broke a speed limit not to mind say a contract.

They know we are due to move out end of March so I am not sure what to do regarding them wanting to allow people in to view for possible letting? Do I just say it is not convenient and fob them off?

I am still secretly worried that they will enter the house and steal my cats but I swear if they do I will hunt them down and.....:mad::mad::mad:

You have nothing to fear, Pierse are now out of the Picture and unlike Pierse the receivers must act within the law which clearly states a landlord must not enter the tenants property without written consent. As for holding back last months rent prior to departure, again nothing to fear as i am sure the receiver is busy enough cleaning up the other mess Pierse as left behind.

By the way, A landlord can not arrange viewings until your tenancy has expired, you may permit the landlord to do viewings but again this is the tenants discretion!

• Advertisement

Thanks Dempo....in the middle of reading 'the law' about all of this and just came across what you have said - if they contact me asking to view to new tenants I am just going to say no, not until we have vacated. I also will use that opportunity to remind them that nobody is to enter the property without my consent, no harm taking the hard line with them.

I'm so glad now that I am standing my ground. I swear they would try anything if left to get away with it.

There must be a hell of a lot of other people in this situation as the development is quite large down there.

Thanks Dempo....in the middle of reading 'the law' about all of this and just came across what you have said - if they contact me asking to view to new tenants I am just going to say no, not until we have vacated. I also will use that opportunity to remind them that nobody is to enter the property without my consent, no harm taking the hard line with them.

I'm so glad now that I am standing my ground. I swear they would try anything if left to get away with it.

There must be a hell of a lot of other people in this situation as the development is quite large down there.

You only know the half of it, quite a trail of destrutction left behind by Pierse.

Dempo1 wrote: »
    You only know the half of it, quite a trail of destrutction left behind by Pierse.

Oh I've read all about it.....they're a disgrace. Even during our tenancy they were a nasty bunch to deal with. And their staff (in Cork) with them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 foxtrot1983

hows it going - i am in the same boat as yourself, im also in carrickmines manor and rented directly from pierce. Now i have called the receivers and they have said they do not have a copy of my 'contract'. I cannot find mine either!

i took on the apartment in august 2010, and have just sent a letter to the receiver saying i will vacate next month

i was told by the receiver that they cannot comment on pierce construction deposits, therefore i will not be getting my deposit back from them.

both threhold and citizens advise have said that i should not pay the final months rent and leave as i have stated on my email to them. threshold have said that if i did pay and tried to get a deposit back it could take years being on a creditor list and funds may run out before it even gets to me as i would be at the very end of the list.

they way i see it they owe me 1000 euro and if there was any contract to surface for me pierce have not held up their side of the bargain so i do not need to stay out any term.

im just leaving next month and thats that im not losing out on my deposit because of them.

glad to see someone else is trying to figure out this mess also!!

hows it going - i am in the same boat as yourself, im also in carrickmines manor and rented directly from pierce. Now i have called the receivers and they have said they do not have a copy of my 'contract'. I cannot find mine either!

i took on the apartment in august 2010, and have just sent a letter to the receiver saying i will vacate next month

i was told by the receiver that they cannot comment on pierce construction deposits, therefore i will not be getting my deposit back from them.

both threhold and citizens advise have said that i should not pay the final months rent and leave as i have stated on my email to them. threshold have said that if i did pay and tried to get a deposit back it could take years being on a creditor list and funds may run out before it even gets to me as i would be at the very end of the list.

they way i see it they owe me 1000 euro and if there was any contract to surface for me pierce have not held up their side of the bargain so i do not need to stay out any term.

im just leaving next month and thats that im not losing out on my deposit because of them.

glad to see someone else is trying to figure out this mess also!!

Withold the last month of rent and then get out of there. The receivers have a lot more to be worrying about I can imagine. The irony is, that you are not a creditor to Pierse, you are not owed money for any goods or services which you supplied to them.
    This company knew they were in trouble for a long time and it should be investigated as to
    a) why leases were signed for rental properties
    b) was the court appointed examiner aware of these rental agreements and terms
    and of course
    c) where did the rent payments/deposits really go....:confused:

And the best part is, the directors of this farce of a company are sleeping soudly in their million euro dublin mansions....(vomit)

• Advertisement

One such mansion just around the corner from carrickmines!:mad:

Advertisement