Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aldi Traveller Camera Warranty

Options
  • 12-10-2010 6:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭

I purchased a Traveller branded camera from Aldi about 1.5 years ago, which came with a 3 year warranty.

It's started acting up lately, basically, it turns itself off as soon as you switch it on, and it's not a battery issue, it's also giving memory card read errors also.

At this stage, it looks like it's faulty, so I rooted around for a receipt for it, and luckily found it stored in an old wallet - however the receipt is virtually non readable at this stage - the ink has faded and you can barely make out the print. :rolleyes:

Anyways, I brought it back to my local Aldi store to see what the procedure is for faulty items under warranty, to be told that I had to return it to Traveller. When I asked for the returns address I was told that it would be printed on the camera box, and that I should return the camera and all packaging to Traveller.. Of course, I've mislaid/thrown away the box! D'oh!

Will they accept my camera for repairs / replacement without the box?

Anyone know what Aldi / Traveller are like for issues like this? Anyone have experience? Will I be left long without a camera before some sort of resolution?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭ch750536

Your contract is with ALDI and they are to do with it whatever is required in order to get it repaired. Try again, go back to the store, speak to the manager, state your case. Did you pay by card? They will be able to trace the receipt if they can read an index number on it too.

Basically if they accept you bought it from them you give the camera to them and they send it off. For them to say it's something you must do is incorrect.

You can, however, decide to deal with traveller directly, this may affect your rights if there were any other issues though.

As for the packaging, this is a non issue. As long as you return it in a box & well packed then they have to accept it (either party) as the packaging is not part of the product you bought (unless you set out to buy a box with a camera in it...)

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Ruby_Woo wrote: »
    At this stage, it looks like it's faulty, so I rooted around for a receipt for it, and luckily found it stored in an old wallet - however the receipt is virtually non readable at this stage - the ink has faded and you can barely make out the print. :rolleyes:

Anyways, I brought it back to my local Aldi store to see what the procedure is for faulty items under warranty, to be told that I had to return it to Traveller.
    I'm reading this as: you brought it to Aldi, the manager couldn't read the receipt, so couldn't see if it was bought there or not, and thus instructed you to deal with the manufacture. I'd say if you had proof of purchase (and not an illegible receipt), they'd be more accommodating?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Some of us didn't get rid of our boxes :rolleyes:

Not sure where is number is based but it was the one listed for Rep. Ireland

00 800 - 78 77 23 69

or the site on the card is www.traveler-service.com/uk

or

Repair service:
    Sertronics Ltd
    Traveler Service
    45 Regal Drive
    Walsall Enterprise Park
    Walsall
    WS2 9HQ

Had a laptop 1 week out of the 3 year warranty there last october I got from aldi, I phoned the support number and they sent a DHL man to collect it and had it back with new ram a week later. Not the same company as your camera though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭Ruby_Woo

Thanks for the info guys, appreciate it!

To clarify - it was actually a manager I got speaking to, however I was under the impression he just wanted to be rid of me as quickly as possible as there was a queue behind me, so I took his word on it and didn't press the issue.

The receipt I have - well the ink is very faded, it is hard to make out, however you can read all the details - model of camera, price, date bought etc... and it's obvious it was from Aldi as the back of the receipt is perfect and has Aldi's logo and print all over it - the manager however didn't even look at the receipt in this instance - just told me to send it back to Traveller and that was it!

Soo.. any thoughts on whether I should try heading back into the store with it again, or just deal with Traveller directly?

Advertisement