Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Skins recovery tights

• 12-10-2010 6:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭

Anybody have a list of places that stock them in Dublin (city center). Runways do but none in my size, great outdoors is the same. Looking for medium recovery

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Countess Macky

Could try 53 Degrees North or IrishFit – both shops are online and in around Carrickmines, Dublin.
    Another option is sweatshop.co.uk

Hope that helps

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,109 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

I'm sure I saw the 2XU ones in Amphibian King before.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

robinph wrote: »
    I'm sure I saw the 2XU ones in Amphibian King before.

Agreed. I was in AK once and I'm 99.9% sure I seen them there.

If you weren't in a hurry, you could order them online. I got mine from pro-direct running in the UK. I'm actually going to place an order for a couple more I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

mloc123 wrote: »
    Anybody have a list of places that stock them in Dublin (city center). Runways do but none in my size, great outdoors is the same. Looking for medium recovery
    I know elvery's also do them on suffolk street but are very hit and miss with sizes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

kennyb3 wrote: »
    I know elvery's also do them on suffolk street but are very hit and miss with sizes

Yeah, only junior sizes left. Looks like online will be my best bet.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,762 ✭✭✭✭ecoli

I Think Runworx out in Liffeyvalley have them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,107 ✭✭✭Bambaata

Are you 100% sure on your size? Before i got mine i would have thought i was a medium as im medium if not large in most things but it turned out at 77kg and 185cm small suited me better as i was between sizes and the rule of thumb is to go down if between sizes. They fit perfectly. I got mine on CRC

Bambaata wrote: »
    Are you 100% sure on your size? Before i got mine i would have thought i was a medium as im medium if not large in most things but it turned out at 77kg and 185cm small suited me better as i was between sizes and the rule of thumb is to go down if between sizes. They fit perfectly. I got mine on CRC

Really? hmmm. I based it on there size chart. 178cm and currently about 75kg(:rolleyes:).

Sizing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,107 ✭✭✭Bambaata

Dont wana give you wrong advice but personally id be going for the small ones. I got these http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=30201

Bambaata wrote: »
    Dont wana give you wrong advice but personally id be going for the small ones. I got these http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=30201

They ae the ones I picked up yesterday alright, in a Medium box but the tights were actually a small. Will look in wheelworx this evening and decide. cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,545 ✭✭✭tunguska

mloc123 wrote: »

If you havent picked up a pair yet John Buckley sports have them.

http://www.johnbuckleysports.com/products/params/1/1143/204

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

I normally wear the Skins shorts underneath my tracksuit bottoms. Are there similar "tights" that you can get that you can wear as an outer layer?

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Actual Paramedic

The CSS do Zoot and they are deadly, far better than 2XU

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,545 ✭✭✭tunguska

I normally wear the Skins shorts underneath my tracksuit bottoms. Are there similar "tights" that you can get that you can wear as an outer layer?

Id ditch the trackie bottoms for a start, unless you wanna sweat yourself into oblivion. Get a set of running tights. The recovery tights are not for during running, only after. I know these are expensive but they are top notch:

http://www.irishfit.eu/cwxmentights.html

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭tughfc

where did you get them in the end mloc123?

I got some in the great outdoors in the end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,084 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

tunguska wrote: »
    Id ditch the trackie bottoms for a start, unless you wanna sweat yourself into oblivion. Get a set of running tights. The recovery tights are not for during running, only after. I know these are expensive but they are top notch:

http://www.irishfit.eu/cwxmentights.html

+1 CWX I got the pro shorts when I was coming back from injury earlier in the year, great piece of kit.

Advertisement