Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

which network to go with?

Options
  • 12-10-2010 6:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭

i am currently a pay as you go customer with vodafone, i spend between 30-50 per month on credit, i have free calls and texts to vodafone customers but also call other networks quite often however I feel that I spend more credit on the internet than ringing people. I am just wondering do ye no of a suitable billpay tariff with any network that would suit me as i wish to buy either an iphone or samsung galaxy s.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

How much calls do you make? 100, 200, 300 minutes?

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭boxermad

Davy wrote: »
    How much calls do you make? 100, 200, 300 minutes?

to vodafone free calls it would be 500-1000, than to others it would be nomore than 200 idsay

boxermad wrote: »
    to vodafone free calls it would be 500-1000, than to others it would be nomore than 200 idsay

Well then the €60 plan would do you on vodafone. It has 300 mins and texts to any network, and free VF calls and texts. The data is 1gb which should be enough for emails and browsing.

Davy wrote: »
    Well then the €60 plan would do you on vodafone. It has 300 mins and texts to any network, and free VF calls and texts. The data is 1gb which should be enough for emails and browsing.

i was hoping to keep it under the 50 mark, if i do change the network il get herself to change also to the same network for the free calls

i was hoping to keep it under the 50 mark, if i do change the network il get herself to change also to the same network for the free calls

Ok well that would give you more options then if she will switch. What about the vodafone €40 plan, 150 mins and 150 any network texts. Also has the free VF calls and texts, but the data is only 500mb. I suggested the €60 because you mentioned getting the new phone, and that you use a fair bit of data

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,234 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

How many of those 500 - 1000 minutes are to 1 or 2 people?

Going on your upper limit of 1000 and the 200 minutes to other networks that's pretty heavy usage, are you sure your using that much on average?

How many of those 500 - 1000 minutes are to 1 or 2 people?

Going on your upper limit of 1000 and the 200 minutes to other networks that's pretty heavy usage, are you sure your using that much on average?

I took the 500-1000 as the girlfriend (one number) he said she would switch to get better deals elsewhere, once its free calls to the same network. Since see is already on vodafone, my thinking on it, was see their options first. Knocking them, the classic flex with H3GI would be my next suggestion, but she will have to switch ofcourse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

if you're using a lot of internet you can reduce costs instantly from 99c to 39c a day by using the vodafone360 service. call vodafone to activate it on your account. you'll get 100meg for 39c daily instead of 50meg for 99c now.

ya the 500+ mins are to the 1 number (herselfs). wat is the vodafone 360? anyone got info on that like prices etc

ya the 500+ mins are to the 1 number (herselfs). wat is the vodafone 360? anyone got info on that like prices etc

You can find all the detail here:> https://www.vodafone.ie/vlive/internetmobile#prepay

Any questions just ask. You dont get charged the €12 like it suggestions, you get charged €0.39 every day you use it, just the same as you have been charged the €0.99 when browsing. This is an offer, currently to end at the end of December, but it has been extended once, so may well be extended again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭Glenbhoy

Billpay smart from meteor gives you the following for €30 per month (18 month contract - €35 per month on a 12 month):
    200 mins, 200 texts, 1GB data and I think free meteor to meteor texts and calls.
    Their next plan up costs €50 per month on an 18 month contract and gives the following:
    400 mins, 400 texts, 2GB data and free meteor to meteor calls and texts.

(if you don't need a new phone meteor also have a cheaper monthly contract plan, which may be a good way of testing the network for your needs and is €30 for 200 mins, 200 texts and 1GB data).

Three are also fairly competitive:

Their €40 euro plan 18 month contract gives you:

350 flexi units - 1 minute is one unit or 2 texts are 1 unit. You also get 2GB of data and a free add on, which can be another 2GB of data.
    There are also 3000 mins free 3 to 3 calls, and you should remember that your flexi units are usable when roaming in or calling a number of countries including the UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,234 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

If you didn't need a phone, then 3 Classic Flex with only a 30 day contract @35pm would give you, 500 flexi units (400 minutes, 200 texts to anyone) and you could get the internet mini add on for free which would give you 500mb of interent. You also get 50 euro for moving to 3 along with free 3 to 3 calls.
    Not bad for a sim only plan, If you wanted a free phone you could get the same for 40pm on a 12mt contract with a guaranteed phone upgrade after 10mts.

Advertisement