Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Petrol Mower?

Options
  • 12-10-2010 6:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭

Hi,

my electric lawnmower has just after dieing and looking to get a replacement (it was about 10yrs old so no point in getting repaired). Can anyone recommend a petrol one as the long electrical lead on the old one was very cumbersome and made mowing a lot more of an effort than it needed to be really.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭bbam

CastleGarden with a Briggs & Stratton engine, have had a 19'inch for years and never missed a beat.... At least go for one with a B&S engine as they are bullet proof..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

Our petrol mower is still limping along after more than 30 years service. It's a 'Harry' which I'm told were top quality and has a B&S engine. Dunno anything more about it than that myself. Hubby gives it CPR every spring and it still keeps on going! Every year we think that's it, time for a new one - if we do have to buy a new one it will be a petrol mower, not electric!

Advertisement