Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deresitricted Vespa 50 power has started dying at higher speeds

• 12-10-2010 7:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭

My bike is a derestricted-from-new vespa 50, only 3000 km on clock, only 12 months old. Up to now I was able go full throttle and get it to the limit of its abilities i.e. almost 40km/h , and keep it at that limit without a problem. Now however when it gets to around 35km/h the drive to the wheels dies and the bikes slows down. I can ease off on the throttle and get it back up to about to about 30km/h and it won't die . Like a previous bike, this issue will probably get worse to the point that the engine will just cut out when I am driving it.

Any help much appreciated. Thanks
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭Tomohawk

The rollers in the automatic clutch may be worn, get them changed. Clean your air filter while you're at it and pop in a new sparkplug and the bike should run like new.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭deckstunt

Thanks Tomohawk. Its time to bring it in to the professionals. At least I have something to bounce off them. Cheers.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 tpedoussaut

Don't forget to post here your full name, address, and bike registration so that Ireland's finest and your insurance are sure to nab you.

Don't forget to post here your full name, address, and bike registration so that Ireland's finest and your insurance are sure to nab you.

Eh?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭MikeC101

deckstunt wrote: »
    Eh?

He seems to have managed to confuse the difference between a derestricted Vespa 50 cc and an unrestricted Hayabusa (numbers are hard eh?), and is trying (and failing miserably) to imply you're riding something you shouldn't be on your license, and scaring grannies into the bargain, with your raw unrestricted 40kms per hour.

The high horse brigade are a lot funnier when they're so goddamn clueless that a few trigger words set them off....

• Advertisement

MikeC101 wrote: »
    The high horse brigade are a lot funnier when they're so goddamn dumb that a few trigger words set them off....
    So true

I'm just surprised that he thinks Merseyside Police read boards.ie ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

He seems to have managed to confuse the difference between a derestricted Vespa 50 cc and an unrestricted Hayabusa (numbers are hard eh?), and is trying (and failing miserably) to imply you're riding something you shouldn't be on your license, and scaring grannies into the bargain, with your raw unrestricted 40kms per hour.

The high horse brigade are a lot funnier when they're so goddamn clueless that a few trigger words set them off....

I reckon he could take the Hayabusa in a ten foot drag race.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 tpedoussaut

An unrestricted 50cc Vespa doesn't comply with regulations associated with category M. If you hold a A1 or A license, grand, you can ride it, but the insurer has insured a category M vehicle, so your insurance is void.

Reminder: M category is for max 45km/h and max 50cc (combustion) or max 4kW (electric).

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

An unrestricted 50cc Vespa doesn't comply with regulations associated with category M. If you hold a A1 or A license, grand, you can ride it, but the insurer has insured a category M vehicle, so your insurance is void.

Reminder: M category is for max 45km/h and max 50cc (combustion) or max 4kW (electric).

Oh dear...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭si_guru

I am surprised you only get 40kms.. do you mean mph?

My derestricted Zip50 will top 80.. even does 70 uphill with fat old fart me on it!

• Advertisement
Advertisement