Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Putting Torrent downloads on DVD

• 12-10-2010 8:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭

Hi there
    Ive got this friend (:-)) who downloaded a few bits for his kids using Bitcomet. He now wants to put them on a DVD but cant find them anywhere on my his hard-drive??

Any advice most welcome. I also saw a notice on here where a few folk said that uTorrent was better? Any thoughts welcome?

Thanks a million (on behalf of my friend :-)) - S

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Jesus. Could you just man up and say they were illegal?

I mean apologies if they're not, but with all this 'nudge nudge, wink wink' stuff. You're not really going to get any decent replies on here.

(Careful now, down with that sort of thing, etc).

Ok............suppose I'll bite.

You'll probably have to do a search for the files (insert smiley). Just put in *.<file-extention>

For example if I wanted to find ALL word files on my machine I'd just put in *.doc and hit enter. Once you know what the filetype is you can do a search that way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,254 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

Will BitComet not tell you where they are ?

Utorrent is indeed very good. Some trackers won't allow BitComet to connect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭tfitzgerald

Bitorrent is better make sure your ports are open you can do this on portforwording.com ,bitsoup and isohunt are good sites for downloads

• Closed Accounts Posts: 415 ✭✭SeanKev

Think you should get uTorrent mate.
    All downloads will save in: C:\Users\User\Downloads

Faster too.

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭scottyboy1973

Thanks All

And Chin_Grin - I was kidding!! that's what the smiley face was for:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Thanks All

And Chin_Grin - I was kidding!! that's what the smiley face was for:confused:

Just making sure.

<_<

>_>

^_^

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭scottyboy1973

So the wierd thing is that I can find the isohunt torrent links but I cant find the actuall files (that are hundreds of megs in size??)

I am reasonably computer literate but jaysus, they are buried somewhere?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,254 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

Try starting a new torrent. I'm not familiar with BitComet, but it should give you the chance to select which files in the torrent you download, and where to store them. Cancel the torrent and look for the files you want in the same place.

Or you could search for *.avi of say 600MB+

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Most torrent apps let you right click on any downloading/downloaded torrent and choose to open the containing folder - therein be the gold!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

Isn't bittorrent identical to uTorrent just a different name and slightly different logo? Both are from the same company.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Or check the settings in BitComet to see where the default save folder is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭lmimmfn

BitComet sux, not only do other clients limit uploading to it( because its 99% leechers ), but its just a rip off of another torrent client, i think its Azureus( i.e. Vuze )

Use either
    1. Vuze - but set it to the old fashioned gui
    2. uTorrent - its good but ive gotten use to Azureus so i just use that.

Ignoring idiots who comment "far right" because they don't even know what it means

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

have a look in C-program files(x86 if you have a 64bit os)-bitcommet,check and see if there is a folder called downloads in there

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭Yawns

Unless his friend his removing the torrent and the file instead of just the task :D:D:D

Wink Wink nudge nudge

Down with that sort of thing!

Advertisement