Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Wireless Broadband in Letterkenny (with no phoneline)

Options
  • 12-10-2010 8:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭

Hi,

I was just wondering what Wireless Broadband would u recommend in Letterkenny that is paid monthly not prepaid?

I am in a rented house so dont want one with landline.

Is 3G or O2 good? Or is there other providers?

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

ciaramc wrote: »
    Hi,

I was just wondering what Wireless Broadband would u recommend in Letterkenny that is paid monthly not prepaid?

I am in a rented house so dont want one with landline.

Is 3G or O2 good? Or is there other providers?

Thanks.

As far as i know the meteor Dongle thing is fairly good and reliable too....

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

depending on your line of sight with the post office or how far out of town you are wimax are here now, working alright for me

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭mk2

how much is wimax per month for a basic package?

i think you can get a 1 meg line for 20-30 a month, no cap either. i'm on the 7mb for 35 i think (must check price actually)

If you want I can give you lend of receiver or something and you could see what you get? are you in the town?

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭mk2

im in the glencar area up by the gael scoil

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

I'm in Glencar as well and I had some wimax guy at the door last week, didnt get it but I asked a few questions and he said there's a good signal around here.

Theres a few different packages, you can get phone & internet or just internet. The internet package he was selling me was €15 for 3mb speed which is better than what I have at the moment with 3 but I get double the speed so didnt bother getting it

Not sure on the phone + internet price sorry

mk2 wrote: »
    im in the glencar area up by the gael scoil

If you want i should be about this weekend if you wanna meet up and have a look at speeds you could get with this?

I know of some people in town that are just out of range.

How much would you download a week say? any movies (legal of course) or is it just email etc that you'd want it for?

I'm always wary of dongles if you go over the cap you're fecked

Advertisement