Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Atelier Rorona: The Alchemist of Arland

• 12-10-2010 8:15pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,718 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi
    Just wondering if anyone else is getting this next week?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭Mr Trade In

Hi
    Just wondering if anyone else is getting this next week?

Did you pick this up and if so where did you get it, Game quoted me €55 for it yesterday and Gamstop wont be stocking it. I am having a little problem finding it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 917 ✭✭✭carbonkid

€55 is asking alot for a game these days :S

• Closed Accounts Posts: 479 ✭✭Fo Real

carbonkid wrote: »
    €55 is asking alot for a game these days :S

Lol you still buy your games on the highstreet? Get it for £30.41 (= €35) on Amazon mate here. Cut out the middle man and run these game stores out of business. Over-prices and poor selection. Internet shopping ftw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭Mr Trade In

I don't have a credit card, it is €53 in HMV,I will wait until the January sales for this one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 884 ✭✭✭_Godot_

I don't have a credit card, it is €53 in HMV,I will wait until the January sales for this one.

Just pick up a 3V card or something like it. Very handy.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 479 ✭✭Fo Real

Do you have an AIB or Ulster Bank ATM card? If so, you can play with laser.
    Also, you may find these useful. Plenty of people use 3V cards for shopping online. Just top it up (like buying mobile phone credit) and away you go!

No offence mate, but if you're stupid enough to buy games on the highstreet then you deserve to get ripped off.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,718 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Did you pick this up and if so where did you get it, Game quoted me €55 for it yesterday and Gamstop wont be stocking it. I am having a little problem finding it.

I did'nt bother getting it in the end,the review on gamespot put me off but shopto.net was the cheapest place I could find.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 philemon

Got this off ebay the other day for about 40e altogether.
    Not sure what to think of it yet though... It's mostly character driven but there's hardly any story in it. Looks like a typical moeblob production (has a fair amount of innuendos though!).
    Gameplay wise it's still old alchemy system with Mana Khemia like time limits but much less exploration and battles.

Think I liked my Atelier Iris series better. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭martineatworld

Thanks for the review! Think I will wait it out too, can imagine zavvi will be selling it for 20e in the coming weeks, can't imagine it shifting many copies after those reviews...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,739 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Atelier has gone from a very interesting RPG to a Moe fest unfortunately. The main character just gets younger and younger with each iteration.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

as i gueesed, a professional MOE product:pac: i believe anyone who is into loli/cutesy anime girls will defo enjoy it tho.

that said, all jrpg here(regardless of the quality or how old they are) are always high priced in walk-in shop. except ff13, which is the first time ever i see a non-2nd hand game priced at 15e something.

Advertisement