Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Italy vs Serbia mayhem

• 12-10-2010 8:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭

Big trouble going down right now, match was due to kick off half an hour ago but has been delayed so far. Teams only out on the field now.

Serbian hooligans apparently causing mayhem, breaking the glass/plexiglass barriers. Police supposedly entered the stadium in place of the stewards, threatening to use those water gun things. Also reports that a group of Serbian hooligans broke into their own team bus and set off smoke bombs. Haven't seen all this myself, just what I've read, but Serbia could be in big trouble after this.

Marcotti doing a running commentary of events on his twitter here http://twitter.com/marcotti

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Archimedes wrote: »

but Serbia could be in big trouble after this.

Few pesos fine at most, UEFA pussies at this should take the english stance on it. Serbs hate italians as they helped Croats during one of the many many wars they had.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Some of his updates
    Now teams lining up for anthems. Even as camera shows cops try to clear top of Serb stand to allow peaceful fans out.
    3 minutes ago via web

Home fans singing. "C'avete rotto il caaaaazzzo!!" (Won't translate that, but can't blame them.)
    4 minutes ago via web

To think there was supposed to be a minute's silence tonight for 4 ITA army guys who were ambushed and killed in Afghanistan. Won't happen
    5 minutes ago via web

Stankovic just told RAI reporter that they weren't applauding hooligans, they were "calming them down". Adds "Don't make me say any more"
    5 minutes ago via web

EVEN CRAZIER. Serbian players have just gone over to applaud their fans. Big smiles and thumbs up. I hope they're being sarcastic...
    6 minutes ago via web

UEFA DELEGATE SAYS: Italy v Serbia going ahead. I think it's an absolutely insane decision.
    7 minutes ago via web

At least wd be chance for peaceful Serb fans to leave. if morons want to stay and take on cops, that's another issue.
    9 minutes ago via web

Stewards have been kicked out of Serb sector. Cops opening single gate at back of Serb stand, will search fans one-by-one at exit
    10 minutes ago via web

RAI reporting that Serb hooligans burst on to Serb team bus and set off smoke bombs as team left for ground
    11 minutes ago via web

Players now on pitch and warming up as some guy with iron bar tries to break plexiglass
    13 minutes ago via web

These are the guys I'm talking about (thanks to @Nerdyy) http://bit.ly/9grgkH
    15 minutes ago via web

This is potentially v. dangerous. Hope to God somebody thought to open gates at back of stand if cops are going to rush.
    15 minutes ago via web

Great. Cops massed at pitch-side plexiglass doors. Couple guys set off flares and drop them on cops.
    16 minutes ago via web

While don't mind hoolies getting manhandled by cops, surely hundreds of peaceful "normal" fans among Serb bunch.
    18 minutes ago via web

Now cops entering Serb stand. Cops kick out stewards. Firemen ready to open hydrants on Serbs. Big banner "Kossovo is Serbia".
    19 minutes ago via web

OK, so 200 hundred cops on pitch, morons in stands chucking all sorts of stuff on field of play. Kids looking on looking puzzled.
    21 minutes ago via web

... not exactly "family environment". Now hydrants on pitch, can't believe it's taking cops this long to figure out what to do...
    22 minutes ago via web

Serbian GK Stojkovic (fmr Wigan) attacked before game. Weird thing is Italian FA bused in tens of thousands of children for match...

Sounds like a bloody awful atmosphere. There could be big trouble after the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭_Bella_

The Serbian goalkeeper was injured by his own fans!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 811 ✭✭✭mal1

What does 'C'avete rotto il caaaaazzzo!!' mean??

mal1 wrote: »
    What does 'C'avete rotto il caaaaazzzo!!' mean??

Marcotti: OK, since so many are preoccupied with this, "C'avete rotto il cazzo" is a very rude way of saying "We're sick and tired of you."

Basically something similar to "You're breaking my balls". Not joking!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

EDIT- Game off

Amazing what a few arseholes in the crowd can do

Referee has stopped the game because of flares. This could be abandoned.

ESPN
    Italy and Serbia have gone off the pitch again after some flares were thrown. This is getting ridiculous now.

Absolutely disgraceful from the Serbian fans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

_Bella_ wrote: »
    ROFL

What a bunch of thugs...

Its been abandoned after 6 minutes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Archimedes wrote: »
    Referee has stopped the game because of flares. This could be abandoned.

Where they letting it go ahead before the flares? If they called it just because of the flares that stupid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭aidan24326

Serbia will be in big trouble over this. Probably be forced to play their upcoming home matches behind closed doors, or even on neutral territory. SSN just reported that the game is officially abandoned.

Where they letting it go ahead before the flares? If they called it just because of the flares that stupid.

From the sounds of things, it shouldn't have even gone ahead in the first place. Group of Serbian fans did not want this game to go ahead and went out of their way to make sure it happened.

scottish ref?

craig thomson??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

I'm hoping not to veer this thread too far off topic but I don't imagine if a British team were involved the game would've gone ahead, there would've been fair tactics used followed by a delay, which is the least that should've happened from the sounds of it.

Can't find a stream for any coverage, pity.

With the match called off due to the Serbian fans behaviour, do Italy automatically get the 3 points?

amacachi wrote: »

You're not missing a whole lot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Frank Spencer

amacachi wrote: »

http://www.boxlive.tv/channels/corvo

With the match called off due to the Serbian fans behaviour, do Italy automatically get the 3 points?

Technically yes, UEFA has weird rules on this.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

Absolutely disgraceful from the Serbian fans.
    Don't confuse these animals with football fans. They travelled for one reason only.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

I wish the hooligans could be beaten by the police tbh.

What should happen is that every hooligan arrested, picture taken and banned from every stadium in Europe.

IvySlayer wrote: »
    I wish the hooligans could be beaten by the police tbh.

What should happen is that every hooligan arrested, picture taken and banned from every stadium in Europe.

In Italy they will knock the **** out of them, wont touch their own fans at club games but foreign away fans are fair game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭The Highwayman

AgileMyth wrote: »
    Don't confuse these animals with football fans. They travelled for one reason only.

yeah but would you say it to their face? :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,394 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Watching them air the videos on Italian news, they were breaking down the glass barrier with tennis clubs and a bunch of other s*it while another guy got up on the barrier and started ripping the protective net with a knife. Presumably so they could throw flares out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Thrown into penalty area while numerous players were in there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Frank Spencer

Sister Act 2 is on now in place of the match if anyone is interested.

oh joy

• Advertisement

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Technically yes, UEFA has weird rules on this.

3-0 to Italy I believe, though I'm very much open to correction.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

What the f is up with Serbian males?

Genetic cleansing in kosovo, skinheads rioting at the last 2 gay pride marches in Belgrade.

Now this.

Are they f insane?

Also, how the f did the Italians let them get away with it, there can't be too many Serbs there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭DonJose

I found the following on Youtube. I hope the police close off the stadium and get the scumbag in the black skull and bones tshirt. That scumbags was slicing up the goal and then burned an Albanian flag!!!

jayteecork wrote: »

Genetic cleansing in kosovo, skinheads rioting at the last 2 gay pride marches in Belgrade.

A lot Nazis fled there after the war, guess its there kids :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭The Highwayman

jayteecork wrote: »

Now this.

Are they f insane?

Also, how the f did the Italians let them get away with it, there can't be too many Serbs there.

the balkan war was not that long ago, most of them were kids and saw what happened

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Such nice folk them Serbs. Disgrace of a nation.

And I do apologise to the Serb - Deijasever, who posts here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,527 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

What a bunch of clowns.
    Ruining things for their players and the non scumbag fans.

Glazers Out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

^ Their players went over and applauded them!!! Of course they said they were trying to calm them down. Pictures on SSN show they were clearly clapping.

I hate football hooliganism in all its forms.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭KeithAFC

Hope they get docked points, so N.I can move up the table..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,068 ✭✭✭Bodhisopha

I hope the Italian police brought the motherfúcking ruckus!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭Mister men

gimmick wrote: »
    Such nice folk them Serbs. Disgrace of a nation.

And I do apologise to the Serb - Deijasever, who posts here.
    Disgrace of a nation?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

Looked like the marquee game of the night too. Serbia do have some really good players. The whole thing was definitely organised and those responsible obviously banned for life. I dont know what the agenda was or if the Serbian players clapping was an act of sarcasm or applaud.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

Looks like its going to warfare in Italy tonight. Last time I remember things getting out of hand over there was when England went over about ten years ago or so and the Italians kicked the piss out of them.

Looks like its going to warfare in Italy tonight. Last time I remember things getting out of hand over there was when England went over about ten years ago or so and the Italians kicked the piss out of them.

And since then inter fans have managed to throw a scooter 3 tiers down in a stadium. Italian police only care about knocking the **** out of foreign away fans. In some way the serbs could be justified for their protest :pac:

They will never ever attack their own fans. Serbian fans in that stadium are ****ed.

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭S.R.F.C.

Mayhem! Pft, would ya stop, and of all countries for it to happen in! Game should've gone ahead!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭baalthor

dreamers75 wrote: »
    A lot Nazis fled there after the war, guess its there kids :o

During WWII, it was mostly Germans, Italians, Croats and Bosnians versus Serbs. After the war, Yugoslavia became a non aligned communist state run by Tito. It wasn't a great place to be a Nazi !

Indeed, the Catholic Church asked Irish fans to boycott the visiting Yugoslav football team because of the imprisonment of Croatian archbishop Stepinac. (He had been imprisoned after being found guilty by the Tito government of Nazi collaboration).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

Ah the good old days are back.

You cant beat a bit of an auld riot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,511 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

DonJose wrote: »
    I found the following on Youtube. I hope the police close off the stadium and get the scumbag in the black skull and bones tshirt. That scumbags was slicing up the goal and then burned an Albanian flag!!!
    That wasn't the goal, it was the netting to keep the ball from going in the crowd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭Pinturicchio

Last time I remember things getting out of hand over there was when England went over about ten years ago or so and the Italians kicked the piss out of them.

:eek: In 2007, a police officer shot dead a Lazio supporter during a fight at a service station.

There was also this - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2007_Catania_football_violence

Gotta love the stupid comments of endorsement of people who have never been in this type of situation.

Surely its only a riot on tv, ever been the position facing this type of ****? Must be great to watch this on tv.....great entertainment....

As for SRFC its types of your ilk that put me in this situation numerous ****ing times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,808 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Not making any excuses etc, but those areas are just after very recent major wars. There is still a lot of bad blood, bad feeling and tensions simmering under the surface....the last few weeks have been pretty turbulent for serbia.
    I find it strange reading some of the posts here whereby some people seem to tarnish the whole population of serbia with the same brush and make it appear this kinda thing doesnt happen in a civilised country. It wasnt THAT many years ago that a match was called off in our own country for similiar reasons and that particular conflict was a hell of a lot further back in history.
    All that being said doesnt excuse the actions of a few who only had one agenda.

• Advertisement
Advertisement