Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Interested in 2010 Giant Defy - Can't find any left.

• 12-10-2010 8:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 30

Hi, I rang around a few places and nobody seems to have anyway. I wanted to get the Defy 2 with Tiagra groupset. The 2011 Defy 2 comes with Sora for the same price. Anybody any ideas on where I could source one of these? Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 440 ✭✭Single Malt

google?

Its likely sold out in popular sizes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 ast.enthus84

google?

Its likely sold out in popular sizes.

No luck with Google. I was just hoping someone might have seen one for sale. I think it would be large that I would be getting.

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭drogdub

Quay Cycles, in Drogheda, used to sell Giant bikes, not sure if they still do. Might be worth giving them a shout 041 9834526

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭Bikerbhoy

Might have one for you if you want to pm me your number i will check and call you tomorrow

I

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 malachy5

Defy 3 is on sale with 105 http://www.pedalon.co.uk/acatalog/giant_defy_advanced_3_.html

so long as you don't want a S or XL

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 30 ast.enthus84

Thanks for the call earlier bikerbhoy. The LBS I went to for sizing were mostly pushing specialized and they didn't have a range of Giant sizes to choose from.

I'm thinking now that it's more bigger than large rather than smaller I'd need to go for.

Here are my impressions after riding the specialized allez L & XL (Salesman was calling them them L & XL large anyway - Probably because he wanted to compare to Giant.) I still want a Giant as first preference though because I much prefer the styling.

I posted this in another forum so I'll just paste here what I wrote there.

"Hi,
    I've just tested two bikes there today - specialized allez L vs. XL. I had a large bike before and used to have back pain after riding for a while - most notably after long spins of up to 3hrs I'd be seriously uncomfortable in the back (upper back) and also my rear end would be very uncomfortable on the saddle.

Today I felt a little cramped while sitting on the large frame and the handlebars felt low (I recall this is the way I used to feel on my old bike aswell - that was a Giant L). I felt I was pushing the pedals down when I took it for a test ride. On the XL I felt I was pushing the pedals forward and it felt like I was putting more power to the wheels. I also did not feel cramped. I'm about 6' 2" and I think I probably have fairly long legs.

Is this feeling of pushing forward rather than down one that anyone here is familar with from trying out different sized frames? Any opinions appreciated - thanks. Sales techniques in the store I went to seems to be about pushing certain brands and not leg fittings etc."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 49 donalgeraghty

marreybikes balinrobe,Co. Mayo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 380 ✭✭ryan0380

Revolve bikes in gorey co Wexford stocks giant bikes and he has a few defy's I think, not sure bout one you are looking for

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Same happened late last year - Giants were golddust from August to November until next year's stock came in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭manwithaplan

I have a 56 cm Allez and am 5'11''. I have a lot of seatpost showing and reckon I would have fitted a 58 easily enough. Am I right that the large is 56 cm? If so, at 6'2" you definitely need a larger size.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 217 ✭✭inkedpt

Try wheelworxbikes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,508 ✭✭✭Lemag

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

Duff's in Santry (Omnipark) heavily into Giant - you might try your look there.

Advertisement