Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Market Place down since last night?

• 12-10-2010 9:11pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone else not able to get on Live market place? I can log into Live, play online and see and contact my friends but the section for downloading demos and content is gone. It's been gone since last night and all I get is an error message saying that Live content is unavailable at this time.

I'm using the beta dashboard if that make any difference.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Anyone else not able to get on Live market place? I can log into Live, play online and see and contact my friends but the section for downloading demos and content is gone. It's been gone since last night and all I get is an error message saying that Live content is unavailable at this time.

I'm using the beta dashboard if that make any difference.

Fine for me here, but I'm having my own issues with it regards achievements not working on a few older games :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

Fine for me, downloaded Alan Wake DLC through website earlier today and downloading Force Unleashed 2 demo as I type this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

It seems is actually UPC. I've had DNS issues with them for the past 3 weeks. Live only works partially, my internet browsing speed is very, very slow yet speedtest.net says I'm getting my 14.7Mb/s speed but my line loss is massive.

Restarting my router does nothing. I wish they just left my connection alone instead of performing their free speed upgrades that just mess everything up. I had a nice, fast, stable 9.7Mb/s connection for the past 9 months until this upgrade lark started.

I'm trying to get the ME2 deal of the week downloads but Live keeps dropping out yet my internet connection is fine, well fine but very slow, almost dial up speed and I have to keep F5'ing to keep things going.

This says is all really!
    25923708.png

987980419.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭TheMooseInNam

It seems is actually UPC. I've had DNS issues with them for the past 3 weeks. Live only works partially, my internet browsing speed is very, very slow yet speedtest.net says I'm getting my 14.7Mb/s speed but my line loss is massive.

Restarting my router does nothing. I wish they just left my connection alone instead of performing their free speed upgrades that just mess everything up. I had a nice, fast, stable 9.7Mb/s connection for the past 9 months until this upgrade lark started.

I'm trying to get the ME2 deal of the week downloads but Live keeps dropping out yet my internet connection is fine, well fine but very slow, almost dial up speed and I have to keep F5'ing to keep things going.

This says is all really!
    25923708.png

987980419.png

Try changing the DNS settings in your router, PC and xbox to 8.8.8.8 & 8.8.4.4, they're googles public DNS servers. Free for anyone to use. Might help.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

On Upc myself, no issues here whatsoever :

989005571.png
    25973645.png

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Trevor451

This says is all really!
    25923708.png

987980419.png

Go onto http://192.168.1.1/ and change the "Flood protection" to off and it will work perfectly :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Trevor451 wrote: »
    Go onto http://192.168.1.1/ and change the "Flood protection" to off and it will work perfectly :)

Cheers working a treat now. Except for the jitter is massive, it's usually 1 and ping is on the high side. Still a far cry from what I had for the past few weeks.

I don't know why I had to change this setting only now after having a perfect connection with UPC since last December.

989598982.png

26006358.png

There we go now, I'm very happy with that.

26007020.png

Advertisement