Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Please Someone With Directions!

• 12-10-2010 9:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 403 ✭✭

Does anyone know how long in a car from Portlaoise to Waterford City?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 959 ✭✭✭kwalshe

Portlaoise to Carlow (N80) is about 45 mins, Carlow to Waterford, about another 45.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 403 ✭✭Mysterious&Shy

Perfect thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 509 ✭✭✭anndub

Ever heard of google maps? There is no need to go anywhere near Carlow, its the wrong direction. 1 hour 10. Abbeyleix, Ballyragget, Kilkenny, then onto the M9 through to Waterford

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭Dan Chipowski

http://www2.aaireland.ie/routes_beta/

Stick it in there and print it off.....by the sounds of it you'll need it. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 403 ✭✭Mysterious&Shy

Thanks for the smart answers.

I was sending this from my phone internet so could not access alot. I thought that I would ask here as people would know it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

anndub wrote: »
    Ever heard of google maps? There is no need to go anywhere near Carlow, its the wrong direction. 1 hour 10. Abbeyleix, Ballyragget, Kilkenny, then onto the M9 through to Waterford

Do this fairly regularly. Can get down in less then an hour and 10 though, id have said about 50sh mins.

Portloaise -> Abbeyleix -> Durrow -> Ballyragget -> Kilkenny -> Link Road to M9 to Waterford (about 20sh mins)

Going to Carlow is not the route to go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭lassykk

Sully wrote: »
    Do this fairly regularly. Can get down in less then an hour and 10 though, id have said about 50sh mins.

Portloaise -> Abbeyleix -> Durrow -> Ballyragget -> Kilkenny -> Link Road to M9 to Waterford (about 20sh mins)

Going to Carlow is not the route to go.

No doubt the Kilkenny route is quicker but 50 minutes is very ambitious taking into account the speed limits.

Its about 20/25 minutes to the far side of Kilkenny and another 30ish miles to Port Laoise from there on poorer quality roads which will realistically take about 40/45 minutes. I would say an hour to an hour and ten is a realistic estimate and 50 minutes if you are in a rush and hammering it

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

lassykk wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

Never taken me that long, nor the girlfriend, and shes traveled that route for longer then me! Maybe its just because we are used to it?!

Plus you no longer need to travel the full length of the ORR in Kilkenny or go through the town, the motorway now exits so you connect not far from the Durrow road. :)

Advertisement