Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

bathroom heated mirrors

Options
  • 12-10-2010 10:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭

Can someone explain how bathroom heated mirrors are normally wired.
    I haven’t seen how they are switched on, do such mirrors exist where separate switches ( pull cords?) operate the light on the mirror, and the heating element.
    How quickly do these mirrors heat up generally
    Will a spur from the ceiling light rose be ok

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭M cebee

what's the wattage?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

They have all different type switches, some a pull cord on it itself, infra red where you run your hand past, or ones with proximity when your in front of it.

Usually the heating pad is only a portion of the whole mirror and is on the same time as the lights. Most will clear mist in 2 or 3 minutes. This is roughly, as will depend on the amount, and the size of the room.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭d o'c

I’ve been having a quick look at what’s out there.

The infrared feature seems neat.

I’ll probably go for something around 100watts, lighting and element combined.

For now I just need to get the wiring in place.
    1.5 form the lighting circuit ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭M cebee

should be ok on lighting circuit then

Advertisement