Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shooting coach

Options
  • 12-10-2010 10:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Can anybody recommend anyone around the midlands to bring my 13yr old to for some shooting lessons:confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Tackleberrywho

Bluebob wrote: »
    Can anybody recommend anyone around the midlands to bring my 13yr old to for some shooting lessons:confused:

When he is 14 yes, not until then. When he turns 14 you can get him a trainer cert on your rifle.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭ArseLtd

When he is 14 yes, not until then. When he turns 14 you can get him a trainer cert on your rifle.

Who said he has a rifle? :confused:
    I thought if you go to a registered shooting ground a 13 year old can shoot under qualified supervision?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Tackleberrywho

ArseLtd wrote: »
    Who said he has a rifle? :confused:
    I thought if you go to a registered shooting ground a 13 year old can shoot under qualified supervision?

Not sure on the age AFAIKnew it was 14 min on an authorized range.
    In the Field it is definitely 14, although if they do not shoot and just go as a ghillie they will learn a lot. When they turn 14 then a parent or guardian may get them a trainer cert for their firearm.

under the law AFAIK there is no differentiation between .22 or 12g on a learner permit (open to correction here)

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

ArseLtd wrote: »
    Section 2(4)(d) makes no distinction on age; individual authorisations may, and individual clubs may have their own rules on top of that; and there was advice given to the ICPSA a few years back that underage shooting was illegal (though frankly, I can't see any basis for that in statute).

In other words, it's not a simple question and the odds are good that the answer would work out to be no :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭ormondprop

Vincent Kyne is meant to be very good and can be found at barrys clay shooting ground in newtown nenagh if thats any good to you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭ArseLtd

Sparks wrote: »
    Section 2(4)(d) makes no distinction on age; individual authorisations may, and individual clubs may have their own rules on top of that; and there was advice given to the ICPSA a few years back that underage shooting was illegal (though frankly, I can't see any basis for that in statute).

In other words, it's not a simple question and the odds are good that the answer would work out to be no :(

Its worth a try though. I'd say call a range and see what they say.

Advertisement