Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Iveagh Gardens

• 12-10-2010 11:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭

I want to have a small family gathering in the gardens does anyone know if i need to seek permission from anyone or do we all just rock up on the day and go ahead with it????

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Jay D

Picnic? Go for it. Can't see why you'd need permission for a small family gathering.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,494 ✭✭✭✭Victor

edellc wrote: »
    rock up
    This may be an issue. Talk to the park warden beforehand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭edellc

its a baby naming ceremony do you think we need permission??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 155 ✭✭Muas Tenek

Best to check with warden. His house is just inside the Clonmel Street entrance. Or ring him phone number sent by PM

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I'd suggest that any group gathering with a definite intention should notify the park warden - just to make sure that there are no issues with public liability etc.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,037 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

dudara wrote: »
    I'd suggest that any group gathering with a definite intention should notify the park warden - just to make sure that there are no issues with public liability etc.

Personally, that's why I wouldn't say anything, just go ahead and do it. If you ask, they'll surely come up with some excuse to refuse you permission, based on some nebulous insurance or health & safety grounds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 155 ✭✭Muas Tenek

edellc wrote: »
    its a baby naming ceremony do you think we need permission??
    It sounds like the OP is planning a memorable occasion it would be better not for the occasion to be remembered as a time of conflict. The Iveagh gardens is an enclosed park and as such it is not fully a public park.
    As far as insurance ks concerned the park will have in place blanket public liability as they host a very large food fair every year and are also the launch place for several Guinness and Heineken events including the Heineken Rugby cup so they are used to holding large and small events.
    It shouldn't be a problem but there are alternatives in the Botanic gardens and the flower gardens in the Phoenix park.
    Have a great day OP.

Muas

Advertisement