Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom Zyxel P-660HW-T1 v3 unable to see Windows Media Extender , Browse DNLA devices

• 12-10-2010 11:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

For several months now i have been trying to setup my windows media extender on the Eircom Zyxel P-660HW-T1 v3 . It has been pretty much a failure every attempt . I have check quite a few posts already but have not found a solution yet . I have been able to see my computers and occasionally be able to connect to browse the file shares.

So far I attempted :-

- I have tested another router which worked without failure .Unfortunately not mine to keep .
    -I have tried removing all security features (3rd Party AV and Firewall and disabling windows firewall) as a test from my pc (wired) . Failed
    -I attempted to update the firmware from zyxel firware site . Denied - Failed
    -I restarted all related services on my Windows 7 and XP Pro Systems. Which did work occasionally ( Windows Media Player Network Sharing Service, UPNP , SSDP Discovery Service , Pretty much any thing related media sharing in the services ) , Had the applications (WMC , WMPLAYER , ZUNE , XBMC ) tested and still had no luck .
    - I switch the firewall off on the ZYXEL Router still with no luck .
    - I configure all the ports/fwd and firewall to be listening and ensured UPNP was working.
    !!I have not had any problems yet with connecting to windows live - unrelated!!
    - I ensured that there was as little network traffic as i could manage to control on the router at all times when testing .
    - Removed the Router from the Wan Connection and tested all the above

If there is any one out there , Hopefully an eircom tech that has a solution I would be gratefull for your assistance. As I have seen no response to a problem that is over year old . Any help welcome.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 854 ✭✭✭iknorr

im in the same boat as you and alot more people. the router eirocom supplies is crap. i have the same problems as you.

after months of back and forth with eircom , the last communication i had with them was that they gave me a phone number to ring and cancel my broadband service and get out of the contract without penalty as they dont have a solution for the problems that the touter is causing.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 mildew

Thanks IKnorr . At this stage working on the time spent browsing for solutions and testing the available options . I would easily have been able to pay for a new router that would not be as SH!T as the Zyxel Eircom Firmware Router that they must get at a knock off price . I just cant believe they obviously never tested the router "thoroughly" as per usual have the monopoly take advantage hope . Imagine and the rest wipe them out at this stage . Complete no go for customer satisfaction with eircom .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 854 ✭✭✭iknorr

yup, theyr awful. I asked them to take back the router, credit the value of the router to my account and i would have bought a router that actually works. i would have been happy with that but they just said nope. your only option is to cancel. Very strange.

Im kinda stuck because i cant really enter a new contract as im moving soon. So i just gotta stick with them for a few more months.

I find it weird that they have invested so much money in there upgrades and sorted out their customer care department , and now to be let down by the cheapest piece of hardware on the network.

They probably pick these routers up for 15 euro. I just feel really let down by eircom. i wont be entering another contract with them anytime soon.

Advertisement