Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

214th Merseyside Derby - 17/10. KO 1.30PM

• 12-10-2010 11:54pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭

_45050320_eve_liv_0506.gif

With Everton no strangers to going into this fixture at the wrong end of the table, Liverpool find themselves in this situation as well. Things are arguably worse for the red half who now look set to be without Dirk Kuyt and possibly Fernando Torres.

Everton have a horrid record in recent years against Liverpool. Which half of Merseyside will start their ascent up the table this Sunday and which side will continue to struggle?

Can't wait for this

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

They'll both lose.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Couldnt call this game a mile away, hoping for a positive turnout from liverpool but I hope all this off-field drama doesnt distract them.

0-0..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭tim_holsters

I'd like to see Moyes do well here. Thick and thin he's been with EFC. This Liverpool dramafest is becoming quite tiring. Can't remember LFC fans being too concerned when other clubs were going to the wall.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Can't remember LFC fans being too concerned when other clubs were going to the wall.

Do you hear any Liverpool fans asking for concern from other fans? Hardly relevant to a match thread, now is it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,622 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Big relegation 6 pointer, although I think if Liverpool can beat the teams around them they'll stay safe

• Advertisement

Of course it's relevant to the match thread. The situation being what it is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Don't care that much right now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,370 ✭✭✭✭8-10

I love this fixture. Hopefully we'll see everything but football put aside for 90mins. Best derby in the country by far. Good-natured banter before the game, pure competitiveness on the field, good sportsmanship in victory and defeat afterwards. 2 great sets of fans who enjoy it for the sporting competition and rivalry, not the usual nasties, snide comments and one-uppedness of other derbies.

This one comes at an interesting time, very hard to call, both teams desperate for the points.

8-10 wrote: »
    I love this fixture. Hopefully we'll see everything but football put aside for 90mins. Best derby in the country by far. Good-natured banter before the game, pure competitiveness on the field, good sportsmanship in victory and defeat afterwards. 2 great sets of fans who enjoy it for the sporting competition and rivalry, not the usual nasties, snide comments and one-uppedness of other derbies.

This one comes at an interesting time, very hard to call, both teams desperate for the points.

Corinthians so.

2nd fiddle to off the field stuff atm.

Two teams who are pretty useless this season.

Dour Roy will be looking for a draw.

Can't see many goals.

Scoreless draw and a few sendings off

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭Mister men

I'd like to see Moyes do well here. Thick and thin he's been with EFC. This Liverpool dramafest is becoming quite tiring. Can't remember LFC fans being too concerned when other clubs were going to the wall.
    Ignore button activated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭Mister men

I expect us to scrape the draw and Hodgson to come out and call it a "historic" result for the club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

A draw I think after both sides loose one player.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭Col200sx

I expect more sendings off than goals, but I'd settle for a 1-0 Everton win :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,861 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

To say two pretty useless teams is a bit harsh.

Everton will finish in the top half, just for some reason they start the season badly most years! Remember either they were the top team of the second of the season in the league or close to it last year, so cant be that uselsess.

Liverpool lack confidence, players not performing also, maybe some looking to get out.

Not sure who will win this, but i think it be by 2 or 3 goals though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭Fuhrer

mike65 wrote: »
    Don't care that much right now.

Aye, only support your team when they're doing well. Good man.

Fuhrer well done for being what you are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,016 ✭✭✭mirwillbeback

I strongly fancy Everton to win.

And I look forward to seeing who the Liverpool fans blame next.

Paddy Power go -

4/7 Hicks and Gillette
    7/4 Roy Hodgson
    5/1 Referee
    5/1 Prospective new owners
    8/1 Martin Broughton
    10/1 Rafa
    12/1 Royal Courts of Justice
    12/1 You tube
    16/1 RBS
    33/1 The players

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭Columbia

2-0 Everton. Tiny Tim and the Big Maro.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,587 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

All the off the field business this week has almost made me forget the rubbish we've been playing this season. I feel Sunday will be an untimely reminder...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

Everton hit by injuries again. Fellaini out for 6 weeks, Saha and Pienaar also out for Sunday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

nothing new there..

The apparent LFC teamsheet is out

REINA
    CARRA-SOTO-SKYTEL-KONCHESKY
    LUCAS POULSEN
    MEIRELES-GERRARD
    COLE
    TORRES

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

I was actually thinking of putting a few quid on us tomorrow as I think despite Roy the players won't sit deep and stand off Everton with it being a derby and the desire to impress the new owners. Looking at the team Roy has picked I just can't do it.

Opr

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,001 ✭✭✭recylingbin

LUCAS POULSEN
    Liverpool - Too good to go down?
    Not when you see those players blocking the oppositions route to goal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Revolution9

Hopefully the feel good factor regarding the departure of Hicks and Gillett can give the players a lift.

Can see Everton winning this though :(
    2-1 home win :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

Does anyone know how to cancel a bid on eBAY?

I just put a bid in for a Mickey Mouse outfit and now i'm 4 minutes away from owning Liverpool FC. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

REINA
    LUCAS POULSEN
    MEIRELES-GERRARD
    COLE
    TORRES

That's a mid-table defence. Except for Reina, obviously.
    Meireles on the right? What is Hodgson playing at?

If Everton had Fellaini and Pienaar fit I'd say Everton win, but without them I'll say draw.

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭bUILDERtHEbOB

baz2009 wrote: »
    That's a mid-table defence. Except for Reina, obviously.
    Meireles on the right? What is Hodgson playing at?

If Everton had Fellaini and Pienaar fit I'd say Everton win, but without them I'll say draw.

Hodgson doesn't play with wingers, whatever that means.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

Either you're taking the piss or you haven't seen a derby match since 1989.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭hitman79

Would really fancy Everton if we'd everyone fit but once again injuries are piling up. Pienaar, Fellaini, Saha, Jagielka, Rodwell and Anichebe are 6 pretty big players for us. The Pool only really missing Kuyt from their strongest 11. I'd take a draw now :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

hitman79 wrote: »
    Would really fancy Everton if we'd everyone fit but once again injuries are piling up. Pienaar, Fellaini, Saha, Jagielka, Rodwell and Anichebe are 6 pretty big players for us. The Pool only really missing Kuyt from their strongest 11. I'd take a draw now :eek:

cahill is fit, everton will win, simples

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Liverpool 3-1 win. Torres hat trick before limping off with a fractured eyebrow hair.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭homolumo

BERBA wrote: »
    Does anyone know how to cancel a bid on eBAY?

I just put a bid in for a Mickey Mouse outfit and now i'm 4 minutes away from owning Liverpool FC. :D

:) At least now we are debt free. Most Utd fans do not realise they are on the same slippery slope that we were. Today's second half performance proved that yet again plus fans leaving Old Toilet on 85 mins....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

homolumo wrote: »
    :) At least now we are debt free. Most Utd fans do not realise they are on the same slippery slope that we were. Today's second half performance proved that yet again plus fans leaving Old Toilet on 85 mins....

He's a Spurs fan - have you an unbelieveably witty and original nickname for their ground as well for them as well I wonder?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

couldnt give a **** about utd mate , my team are heading for the san siro next wed night.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

flahavaj wrote: »
    He's a Spurs fan - have you an unbelieveably witty and original nickname for their ground as well for them as well I wonder?
    BERBA wrote: »
    couldnt give a **** about utd mate , my team are heading for the san siro next wed night.:D

Wanna apologise homolumo?:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭Col200sx

Sorry, I'm not sure which is funnier, this:
    Liverpool 3-1 win. Torres hat trick
    or this:
    before limping off with a fractured eyebrow hair.

:p

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭Prufrock

I love derby matches. Anything can happen.

Arteta anytime...

be that a free kick, peno or a bolton-esque special

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭Hoki

Dirk Kuyts graft in a game like this will be sorely missed plus he's always good for a goal against Everton, dont think either team will want to lose this one so il put my head on the block & say 1-1.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭The Floyd p

Please, please, please Everton defeat Liverpool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,370 ✭✭✭✭8-10

mosstin wrote: »
    Either you're taking the piss or you haven't seen a derby match since 1989.

Have been to 3 since then, never at Goodison though I confess. I have been to more Ajax v Feyenoord games though which is my main comparison.

The difference in the 2 derbies is astonishing.

Have been to 3 since then, never at Goodison though I confess. I have been to more Ajax v Feyenoord games though which is my main comparison.

The difference in the 2 derbies is astonishing.

friendly derbys are things for the museum i am affraid...

I have tasted both sides of the coin.

SSN showing John Henry arriving at Goodison!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,210 ✭✭✭argosy2006

both team defensive, both have no creative players, both create few chances
    3-3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭bluefinger

I think Liverpool have been playing possum to get shut of the old owners. (stretching it, i know :D)
    Now they're gone expect the team to open up and play to their real potential. would of loved a draw a couple of weeks ago but with the, off field stuff resolved and the holocaust that is Everton's injury list i'd be hopeful for a win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

I think we will see a 2-2 today everton pegged back twice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

5starpool wrote: »
    Do you hear any Liverpool fans asking for concern from other fans? Hardly relevant to a match thread, now is it?

not that you were going to get any.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Beat em twice last season despite our worst season in recent memory. Roy will most likely cream himself over a famous draw though

• Advertisement
Advertisement