Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

214th Merseyside Derby - 17/10. KO 1.30PM

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

amacachi wrote: »
    Whoever number 4 for Liverpool is is a joke. I've seen more
    The saviour Meireles.:P

He's been treated like shíte from what I've seen though, tbf to him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Cole has had a distinctly uninspiring start to his Liverpool career. Chelsea got the best of us over the summer on that one. :(

This is by the by but Yossi cost them 6 million and has hardly played a game and is quite injured.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭ilovelamp2000

Mr Alan wrote: »
    They weren't going anywhere, particularly Torres who has spoken about how Rafa was harshly treated. You peddling those kinda lies is the only way you can attempt to justify the idiotic decision we've made.

Everyone knows it's true.

Even Tom Hicks mentioned it earlier this week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

flahavaj wrote: »
    At least they were getting semi decent results in those stretches. Results, team selections, tactics and performance have been pure scutter under Roy, plus he has a penchant for talking utter sh*te sfter games as well. Basically he's been next to useless at every facet of his job so far.

7 points out of 30 in the league is not 'semi decent', thats a run rafa went on. It doesnt matter who it is, roy or rafa, its still sh1te, covering it up or ignoring it is delusion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

amacachi wrote: »
    I've seen more effort from the lads in PE who didn't want to do PE.

I roared laughing at this. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

**** off if you genuinely believe we went through this long of a stretch as inept. We certainly never achieved anywhere near such a poverty of results during a consecutive period.

Again, I don't think you really believe what you just typed.

We weren't as consistantly bad as we are this season but we we terrible all the same, really terrible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

"going down...."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

see roy "10 mins left" lol as everton go into "going down going down"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭ilovelamp2000

hhmmmmmm .... Lucas comes off and we improve immediately.

Who could have guessed that ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭ollie1

The Everton fans chanting going down, going down, going down :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 681 ✭✭✭FernandoTorres

I think we're missing Mascherano badly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

If Liverpool score - 4 mins of added time

If not - 2 mins

daithijjj wrote: »
    7 points out of 30 in the league is not 'semi decent', thats a run rafa went on. It doesnt matter who it is, roy or rafa, its still sh1te, covering it up or ignoring it is delusion.

When? I remember them going on an awful run at the end of the season one year, but in fairness he was resting players because he was busy yanno winning the European Cup.

I never remember ye being this bad under a manager since maybe Souness. They are beyond pathetic - Everton have sat back since Arteta's goal and Liverpool have offered nothing, nothing at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

But Rafa's relationship with the owners was untenable. In an ideal world he would've stayed, but he was treated like dirt by H&G, he couldn't concentrate on his job fully.

Yet despite not concentrating on his job fully he was still a thousand times better at it than Roy?! That's really saying something!

**** off if you genuinely believe we went through this long of a stretch as inept. We certainly never achieved anywhere near such a poverty of results during a consecutive period.

Again, I don't think you really believe what you just typed.

No need for the '**** off*. We did, fact.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,415 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

mike65 wrote: »
    This is by the by but Yossi cost them 6 million and has hardly played a game and is quite injured.

How much is Cole's contract going to cost us though? I think it was quite likely a wash in terms of the finances between the two clubs.

But yeah, I am engaging in some hyperbole with my above statement.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

Great result Everton, lets push on from this now after a horrible start. Just 5 pts off a CL spot now which isnt bad considering it was one of our worst starts in decades.

ntlbell wrote: »
    see roy "10 mins left" lol as everton go into "going down going down"

u spk the Engerlish :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

ntlbell wrote: »
    Why would i not want to accept it? lol

i don't give a f*ck really. We're not in a relugation battle :pac:

LOL

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

Kirby wrote: »
    "going down...."

And it wasn't directed at us.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Rosco1982 wrote: »

Well Jesus of he said it then it must be true! Lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

Rosco1982 wrote: »

speechless

Gerrard has tried hard today. Far and away our best performer over the 90 minutes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,570 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Jaysis.....saw Hodgson standing their with his hand at his mouth and he looked like a broken man.

I wouldn't be shocked if he resigned during his post match interview or tomorrow.

When? I remember them going on an awful run at the end of the season one year, but in fairness he was resting players because he was busy yanno winning the European Cup.

I never remember ye being this bad under a manager since maybe Souness. They are beyond pathetic - Everton have sat back since Arteta's goal and Liverpool have offered nothing, nothing at all.

December through february 07/08 and 08/09. I allready said either side of those runs we did well, but the topic was bad runs so.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,313 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Is Cahill playing rugby now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Dont remember Beckford having that diving ****e to his game at Leeds. Whats he doing?

4 mins. Not gonna happen. Everton looking good for their lead.

Should've taken it on Beckford.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

So who are Liverpool fans going to blame now, Rafa, Roy, Hicks & Gilett?

Maybe the fact is that most of the players arent good enough... I said it before if this is the level that is good enough for most of this team then so be it. I heard some people laugh at me before when I said this..... well are you laughing any more??/??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Shudda been 3-0

Guardian
    84 min: Hodgson throws on Jovanovic for Maxi – the last roll of the dice, aiming for Mayfair but likely to find Community Chest and one of those irritating £10 fines.

daithijjj wrote: »
    December through february 07/08 and 08/09. I allready said either side of those runs we did well, but the topic was bad runs so.....

This present run hasn't ended yet though.......in fact its getting worse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

murpho999 wrote: »
    Jaysis.....saw Hodgson standing their with his hand at his mouth and he looked like a broken man.

I wouldn't be shocked if he resigned during his post match interview or tomorrow.
    That would be the best result all round. He won't though, no dollah for doing that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

But Rafa's relationship with the owners was untenable. In an ideal world he would've stayed, but he was treated like dirt by H&G, he couldn't concentrate on his job fully.

The owners were untenable as we've found out.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,531 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Soby wrote: »
    Dont remember Beckford having that diving ****e to his game at Leeds. Whats he doing?

You never saw enough matches. Moany, selfish player, only forgiven for scoring goals.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,852 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Konchesky, Konchesky, Konchesky the bush Kangaroo!

murpho999 wrote: »

And walk away from £3million a year? Hardly

Carra can deliver a decent corner. Well there ya go SG, stop that dicking around and get in the box.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭MR NINE

That_Guy wrote: »
    Hodgson looking deflated right now. If he's still in the job by Monday I'll be very very surprised.

I'd be very surprised if he wasn't still Liverpool manager tomorrow. As much as I hate saying it, I think Hodgson could be around for a while yet. He's English and the media like him, these kind of things make a difference. If you listen to the commentators, they're talking about how Hodgson is gonna have to wait til January before he can start making the squad his own. If Hodgson was a foreign manager unknown to the English game the media would've been all over him already saying he should be fired. We haven't heard any of that yet in the media and I think this is gonna have a big influence on how long Hodgson stays in the job. It'll be another month or so before Hodgson is gone unfortunately.

(I hope I'm wrong)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Distan is class

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Torres out for the season?:pac:

Shoulda got a 3rd there.

Fully deserved Everton.

All over. Never in it and Everton deserved all they got.

2-0 flattered us.

Well done Everton, played like a team should in a Derby.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Lol Carragher puts in a better corner than Gerrard.

jank wrote: »

Maybe the fact is that most of the players arent good enough... I said it before if this is the level that is good enough for most of this team then so be it. I heard some people laugh at me before when I said this..... well are you laughing any more??/??

So, you're telling me that all this team is genuinely capable of is relegation?

And that you had the foresight to 'call that' when the team was in the hunt for a Champions League place halfway through last season?

Wow, what perception! You must have an insane winning record from sports betting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

jank wrote: »

lunatic.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭Hoki

whats with Hodgson smiling like simple jack as he shook moyes hand, please resign.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

In fairness Liverpool look worse now than they ever did under Rafa. Big problems there but well done Everton. First derby victory in a while and boy did we need it. Well played. Brilliant.

This present run hasn't ended yet though.......in fact its getting worse.

No, it hasnt, i cant predict or debate the future though, can you?. Lets draw a line under it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement