Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

214th Merseyside Derby - 17/10. KO 1.30PM

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

Did i see hodgson smile....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,411 ✭✭✭shotamoose

Roy gives a big dumb smile when he shakes Moyes's hand. ****ing hell.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭The Floyd p

Go on Everton!!! Delighted to see scum beaten

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

Every single Everton player can be proud of themselves tonight. Fantastic team performance and brilliant to get one over the neighbours at Goodison once again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭herbieflowers

K-9 wrote: »
    The owners were untenable as we've found out.

Indeed. I just think people crying about Rafa's departure, which is understandable as he is and was a great manager for ye, is a little misguided and ignorant of his own position and moreover his relationship with the LFC hierarchy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,415 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

MR NINE wrote: »
    I'd be very surprised if he wasn't still Liverpool manager tomorrow. As much as I hate saying it, I think Hodgson could be around for a while yet. He's English and the media like him, these kind of things make a difference. If you listen to the commentators, they're talking about how Hodgson is gonna have to wait til January before he can start making the squad his own. If Hodgson was a foreign manager unknown to the English game the media would've been all over him already saying he should be fired. We haven't heard any of that yet in the media and I think this is gonna have a big influence on how long Hodgson stays in the job. It'll be another month or so before Hodgson is gone unfortunately.

(I hope I'm wrong)

The new owners won't give a **** about any of that. Hiring Theo Epstein was considered a 'wtf' move by the conventional sports media in the States. They did it anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

MR NINE wrote: »
    I'd be very surprised if he wasn't still Liverpool manager tomorrow. As much as I hate saying it, I think Hodgson could be around for a while yet. He's English and the media like him, these kind of things make a difference. If you listen to the commentators, they're talking about how Hodgson is gonna have to wait til January before he can start making the squad his own. If Hodgson was a foreign manager unknown to the English game the media would've been all over him already saying he should be fired. We haven't heard any of that yet in the media and I think this is gonna have a big influence on how long Hodgson stays in the job. It'll be another month or so before Hodgson is gone unfortunately.

(I hope I'm wrong)

If the owners are gonna go by what the media say then their integrity should be called into question. It's clearly not working. The league table does not lie. They need to make a big decision.

Never mind what the media say. It's not up to them as to who should stay and who should go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

daithijjj wrote: »
    No, it hasnt, i cant predict or debate the future though, can you?. Lets draw a line under it.

Obviously not. I'd be shocked if ye suddenly take off on a winning run from here though. it would be a stunning turnaround from a manager that looks a broken man on the touchline.

But yeah there's little else to say on it only wait and see.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,411 ✭✭✭shotamoose

In other news, well done Everton, fully deserved.

Fcuking hate these type of comments. Yeah, it's a derby but "scum" is taking it a bit far imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

jank wrote: »
    So who are Liverpool fans going to blame now, Rafa, Roy, Hicks & Gilett?
    Everyone but the players, obviously.

Oh yeah, congrats to Everton. Fully deserved victory, could have been more tbh. Took what they were given.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,570 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

That smile from Hodgson at the end was sickening....how could he do that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Everton deserved 3 points. The players and Roy just not performing. Gerrard the only one who looked like he actually wanted to play for Liverpool.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

We have Blackburn next at home. A win is essential. If we don't win that game then Roy should be sacked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

What the **** is he ****ing smiling at?!?!?!?!?!?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

murpho999 wrote: »

I know! Being magnanimous in defeat? WTF like? Why didn't he scowl and sulk and throw a hissy fit!?1 Rafa would have......

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    So, you're telling me that all this team is genuinely capable of is relegation?

Maybe you have a difficulty in reading. Re-read my post especially when I use the word MOST.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Mr Alan wrote: »
    What the **** is he ****ing smiling at?!?!?!?!?!?!
    Sammy Lee's head?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭yom 1

Only one team in the match today and they comfortably won. Congrats Everton.

Roy, I'm sorry, smiling after your team has been badly beaten is not acceptable. You have the team playing without any fight, any spirit, any belief. You have the team playing 15 yards to deep. You are out of your depth, way out it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

tok9 wrote: »
    We have Blackburn next at home. A win is essential. If we don't win that game then Roy should be sacked.

He be sacked now, he should have been sacked a few weeks ago to be honest.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,210 ✭✭✭argosy2006

murpho999 wrote: »

mans under pressure. doing things he would not normally do, hate to see it, he's a good guy,
    can this be really how he wants us playing, or are players playing a part in these shocking displays,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

That smile was weird. When Ferguson got a draw at Goodison, you could see he was angry and that he was going to give the players a good kicking.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭Ordinary man

Roy just thinking of all the cash he's gonna get to walk away:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,146 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Well done everton, thoroughly outplayed us.

Christ Liverpool are truly awful, I've never been so filled with dread coming into every single game, regardless of opposition before!

It'd be something if we could see some indication of a plan forming, some glimpse of what the overall idea we're moving towards is, but it's just the same awfulness every week.

tok9 wrote: »

Blackburn will murder us at home

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,395 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Seamus Coleman > Cristiano Ronaldo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,379 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Well done Everton, well deserved

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭MR NINE

That_Guy wrote: »
    If the owners are gonna go by what the media say then their integrity should be called into question. It's clearly not working. The league table does not lie. They need to make a big decision.

Never mind what the media say. It's not up to them as to who should stay and who should go.

Like I said I hope I'm wrong. But one thing I've learned in the years I've been following football is that the media has a much bigger influence on proceedings than they should.

For the record I hope he goes just as much as you do. The guy irritates me to be honest, even besides the fact hes a **** manager.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Hell my kid is 7 and he has just walked in saying he was mad at that result. How is the man in charge of it not mad?

Hopefully Woy will not be about by christmas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

flahavaj wrote: »
    Obviously not. I'd be shocked if ye suddenly take off on a winning run from here though. it would be a stunning turnaround from a manager that looks a broken man on the touchline.

But yeah there's little else to say on it only wait and see.

2 years of no investment in the team is coming home to roost in a big way. It started last season and has gathered pace. Mourinho could be managing this team, wouldnt make a blind bit of difference with the maxi's of this world. Rubbish players and no investment is the crux of it.

Hodgson isnt helping but the lack of talent left in the squad didnt start 2 months ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

If Roy gets sacked, who do you honestly expect to replace him?

jank wrote: »
    Maybe you have a difficulty in reading. Re-read my post especially when I use the word MOST.....

I wouldn't want to waste my time tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,328 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Jesus,

I was like :eek:,

The Everton fans were like :pac: and :p

The Liverpool fans were like :mad: and :(

The new owners were like :confused:

And Roy was like :D

Instant dismissal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

IvySlayer wrote: »
    That smile was weird. When Ferguson got a draw at Goodison, you could see he was angry and that he was going to give the players a good kicking.
    That wasn't a smile, that was wind.

eZe^ wrote: »

Ronnie whelan :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

Jol, pellegrini, rijkard ...

Pellegrini.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,852 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

That_Guy wrote: »

Fcuking hate these type of comments. Yeah, it's a derby but "scum" is taking it a bit far imo.

Aye Ive learned to ignore them, or when its someone I know that doesnt mean it and is just saying it for the laugh or sarcastically I just pretend he called the team something else

argosy2006 wrote: »
    Ronnie whelan :D

Jaysus.

Pellegrini is available.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Thief

jurgen klinsmann :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Blackburn H ,Bolton A ,Chelsea H ,Wigan A,Stoke A

All tough matches coming up bar maybe Wigan it depends which Wigan turns up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 547 ✭✭✭iseethelight

maybe he's gonna do the honourable thing and it was a smile of resignation.

• Advertisement

cant see us winning any of those games,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Coleman was class, great young player.

The back four that played today will actually far prefer playing Blackburn than a team that passes the ball if its any consolation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭MR NINE

Really depends how much money the owners are willing to pay a new manager. The reason Hodgson was appointed was because we had limited options due to our financial constraints. I'd like to think we could still attract some good managers to the club provided a decent salary is on offer. Spurs hired Redknapp when they were in a similar situation. Our reputation is bigger than Spurs' was when they hired HR s hopefully we can get someone of at least his calibre. Personally I'd be hoping for better but I'm used to disappointment at this stage.
    Someone like Hiddink, Pellegrini, Hittzfeld etc would be great, not sure how realistic that is though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 210 ✭✭TheProdigy

Apart from Gerrard Liverpool seemed very spineless today.

Hodgson cannot be blamed for the poor team we have but he can for his tactics and style of play he is trying to implement, which is horrific.

Hiddink would be a fabulous acquisition but he would be very hard to get, can't see Roy leaving for a while tbh.

• Advertisement
Advertisement